Met Constable arrested for terrorism offences

WALT

War Hero
Also an indecent photo of a child? I don't doubt the charge but usually when paedophiles are arrested their photo collections seem to number in the tens to hundreds of thousands.
Call me cynical, but an awful lot of XRW seem to also be nonces. It seems to be relatively easy to use this as an accusation, but impossible to disprove. Back in the old days, if you wanted to ruin someone's reputation, chucking about accusations of being homosexual seemed to be the done thing. Obviously, that's seen as a badge of honour these days, so what's the next best thing?
Stangely, and despite their fellow ethnic group operating in gangs up north, I've yet to hear of any Jihadis being tarred with the nonce brush.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I don't think that comes into it as far as the ECHR is concerned. Hence the IRA and other assorted terrorist groups benefiting from it.
Looking back at your example I think it's more likely it came under Article 10, rather than Article 9, which allows for certain restrictions, and membership of a known racist party would form a legal part of those restrictions.

With regard to the IRA cases, they would fall under Article 3, 5 & 6. Certainly Article 6 in Heaney/ McGuiness, and Article 3 was core of Ireland/ UK. You might be a murdering bastard, but you do have the right to a fair trial and proper treatment

There is a fear of "entryism" across all UK forces - the political, the foreign powers, the extremists, the organised criminals, all taking advantage of a willing 'vanilla' recruit. Once found, the book gets thrown at them and something will have to stick.

Awol

LE
Call me cynical, but an awful lot of XRW seem to also be nonces. It seems to be relatively easy to use this as an accusation, but impossible to disprove. Back in the old days, if you wanted to ruin someone's reputation, chucking about accusations of being homosexual seemed to be the done thing. Obviously, that's seen as a badge of honour these days, so what's the next best thing?
Stangely, and despite their fellow ethnic group operating in gangs up north, I've yet to hear of any Jihadis being tarred with the nonce brush.
I thought the same. The one image could be a picture of his 2 year old daughter in the bath for all we know.

One thing is for sure, a noncing allegation will guarantee that the bloke will be disowned by everyone, even his old comrades.

It does seem a bit convenient.

Also an indecent photo of a child? I don't doubt the charge but usually when paedophiles are arrested their photo collections seem to number in the tens to hundreds of thousands.
Sample to secure the charge, rest to follow in court if he doesn't roll over, give up his contacts and allow the cyber crime unit to keep his nonce access profile alive?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm presuming that common purpose are exempt from that.
This is precisely the sort of thing I'm on about.

CP is a seditious organisation. It's 'okay' because of where it sits on the political spectrum, yet its aim is the non-democratic dismantling of this country's institutions.

I seem to remember that there was a tendency throughout this period to suggest that Waffen SS were honourable soldiers along with all the Wehrmacht. Honourable soldaten fighting a losing battle against the Red Army. It ranged from the media to such simple things like the Victor comic and Legion of the Damned.

It seems that only after the wall came down and dedicated German historians looked at the Heer in detail that the true barbarism of German behaviour in Russia was released to a wider public.

I was well and truly brainwashed at the time.

.......Please note I use the word : "was." At that time, up to the mid nineties, you were not allowed to live with a woman unless married. You had to ask permission to be married and your partners history was examined very carefully.

I have a sneaking suspicion things have changed.*

*You were also required to answer your front door in at least shirt sleeve order, maintain you garden to an approved standard and be on duty all the time. This latter caused a lot of problems for people in tied housing because the locals often turned up expecting service which you must provide ( failure to do so causing a raft of offences starting with neglect of duty).......
I don’t know which force you were in with those attitudes, but in Avon and Somerset in the mid 80’s, I knew several coppers who lived with their girlfriends. As for the answering your door in shirtsleeve order, never heard of that one.

gmp.

Shirt sleeve and garden were relaxed early eighties. Marriage issues to my knowledge were still extant in 1994. I had to ask for permission to marry.

It is possible that your friends either were ignorant of the regs or more likely told no one.

gmp.

Shirt sleeve and garden were relaxed early eighties. Marriage issues to my knowledge were still extant in 1994. I had to ask for permission to marry.

It is possible that your friends either were ignorant of the regs or more likely told no one.
I think it’s more likely that yours must have been one of the more strict of the 43 forces.

I think it’s more likely that yours must have been one of the more strict of the 43 forces.

I honestly don't know. It didn't seem particularly strict. We did have all the standing up rules when an officer entered the room and special toilets for officers and other ranks. I thought that was normal. I still think that is the way it should be for what that comment is worth.

I had heard stories about vetting either being rushed or not conducted at all and can easily see this being the tip of the iceberg.
Along with the two idiots nicked in relation to the Wembley murders and the crap handling of BLM protests and UMEs it’s not going well for Dick.
WTF is going on in 'the job'. It's unacceptable that this can get into the job unnoticed. When I joined, I got in on my 3rd application, and the vetting was very thorough indeed, and I'd just come out of the army with an exemplary conduct.

The job is truly fucked if this can happen. Makes you wonder what other terrorists are lurking in positions of authority. Shocking.

I honestly don't know. It didn't seem particularly strict. We did have all the standing up rules when an officer entered the room and special toilets for officers and other ranks. I thought that was normal. I still think that is the way it should be for what that comment is worth.
Funnily enough in A&S, if your were in one of the ‘county’ divisions (Somerset), things tended to be more formal with Inspectors and above expecting to be saluted, and the standing up you mention, but in the ‘city’ divs (Bristol), it never seemed to happen. This was 1986 onwards.

Are you sure you are not talking about the 1890s? It never happened in the Met when I joined in 1988. In fact half the Met were over the side, led by the Inspectors and Sergeants.

Latest Threads