Met Constable arrested for terrorism offences

Retreaded

Old-Salt
Again, see my wider point.

We've seen a ballet dancer boycotted because she expressed right-wing views. There have been recent articles which have talked about how mentioning in theatrical circles that you're a Conservative is career-limiting. Look at the abuse the Lawrence Fox has endured for, frankly, saying what a majority of people think.

I'm not condoning right-wing extremism. I am though making a point that it all seems a little unbalanced.
Can you think of a UK based left wing group, current mind, who should be classified as a terrorist organisation?

He is a member of what has been classified as a terrorist organisation + he lied

Was a member of a terrorist organisation (after it was proscribed) he 'left' in 2018 apparently. However you are right that he lied

Bodenplatte

War Hero
SPG Yes, TSG are less confrontational these days but do like a rumble.
'twas ever thus. A pastime for constables in the old Liverpool City force in the 50s was "Buck Baiting," i.e. provoking a punch up with gangs of Teds, then nicking them for assaulting the police.

"I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing like the truth."

Can you think of a UK based left wing group, current mind, who should be classified as a terrorist organisation?
BLM UK?
Terrorism- forcing social or political change by using intimidation, violence or the threat thereof.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I guess how we define a terrorist organisation is the issue here. I'm not being a straw man or engaging in whataboutery (or, at least, not intentionally); if you look at videos of such as John McDonnell advocating direct action, for instance, what you're seeing is a man promoting physical violence as a means of political change. He's effectively saying, make it dangerous or untenable for someone to be a Tory MP.

Is that terrorism? I'd say it's dangerous and facilitating. Some of the Leftist stuff I've seen on social media has led me to permanently remove some people from my life. It's really bloody nasty.

I'm not condoning this individual's membership of a frankly cretinous organisation. I am though worried that for institutional reasons there's an obsession with the 'rise of the Right' while a lot of the Left's excesses are being normalised.

Again, apply the 'Turn it through 180 degrees and is it still fair?' rule: if there was film of a Tory MP suggesting the same things as McDonnell has, can you see him/her still having any role in mainstream public life?

I had heard stories about vetting either being rushed or not conducted at all and can easily see this being the tip of the iceberg.
Along with the two idiots nicked in relation to the Wembley murders and the crap handling of BLM protests and UMEs it’s not going well for Dick.
Does the same desire to excise unwanted political opinion extend to Officers making public gestures of support for Marxist led subversive organisations responsible for public disorder and criminal damage.. :p :)

Polyester

Old-Salt
Antifa

Though I admit they have no base as such.

SPG Yes, TSG are less confrontational these days but do like a rumble.
I think the general trend is that TSG maintain correct uniform and apparel. Gone are the days of finding a shotgun in a locker, a spiked pick axe handle or a lovingly and artistically embellished glass encrusted throw away truncheon. No longer, the days when a swab of a maglite base would reveal the presence of squamous epithelial cells from the lower trachea of a suspect. Getting a bit teary here.

I think TSG do still work on the basis of one pocket book for a section but that is probably just rumour.

According to the report I read, apart from being an ex-member of NA, he was also found to be in possession of indecent images of a child. If that's true, fcuk him.

According to the report I read, apart from being an ex-member of NA, he was also found to be in possession of indecent images of a child. If that's true, fcuk him.
Indeed. Little mention of this.

I doubt if he will get a custodial sentence, which is fortunate for him as being a Nazi nonce is probably a serious disadvantage in Brixton or Wandsworth nick.

I can believe that, the National Front was almost as popular as NUFC, skinheads were in vogue and people were quite overt in their beliefs (whether right or wrong). Back of the miners strikes, Thatcherism etc. interesting times as I grew up.
My dad was at Strike in the early '70s and I went to that fine establishment the John Hampden School aka "the tech" in High Wycombe. Now it's a top grammar school, then it was a little more all abilities. I managed to stick a chisel through someones thigh in a disagreement (he was trying to welt me with a clawhammer) and we both got off on a "boys will be boys" card. In 1972 good old Idi kicked out his Asian population and a fair number ended up in our little Chiltern hideaway. Come 1974 and it's decided that our civic education would benefit from holding mirror elections during that years two GE campaigns. The NF guy won them both with landslide margins and the attempt to introduce us to the nuances of politics ended. "Skinhead" novels were passed around followed by "Suedehead" titles when hair fashion started to change. Casual abuse of ethnic differences and alternative lifestyles were dropped in like punctuation marks. David Irving was considered a serious historian and you can see references to his work in the likes of the BBC's "Secret War".. I'm not inclined to take seriously claims that racism/intolerance is getting worse.

Last edited:
Good edit, it is important to distinguish between the Waffen-SS and the nice SS.
As I recall (late 70's/early 80's)the claim was made the other war round i.e noble soldierly heroic Waffen SS, Nasty murdering other SS.. when an ex W-SS guy brought out his memoirs... See if I can dig it out.... let my copy go years ago...

Last edited:
As I recall (late 70's/early 80's)the claim was made the other war round i.e noble soldierly heroic Waffen SS, Nasty murdering other SS.. when an ex W-SS guy brought out his memoirs... See if
I seem to remember that there was a tendency throughout this period to suggest that Waffen SS were honourable soldiers along with all the Wehrmacht. Honourable soldaten fighting a losing battle against the Red Army. It ranged from the media to such simple things like the Victor comic and Legion of the Damned.

It seems that only after the wall came down and dedicated German historians looked at the Heer in detail that the true barbarism of German behaviour in Russia was released to a wider public.

I was well and truly brainwashed at the time.

I can believe that, the National Front was almost as popular as NUFC, skinheads were in vogue and people were quite overt in their beliefs (whether right or wrong). Back of the miners strikes, Thatcherism etc. interesting times as I grew up.
Allowed to have their own opinions, eh? Imagine that...

The Heer were no better than the SS.

They were both drawn from the same well.

Look at the von Reichenau Severity Order for an example.

The Waffen SS may have been slightly worse but that was just because they were nominally under the same management as the rest of the SS, the SD and the rest of Himmler's empire.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Okay, back to a point I've made before:

If he was a member of a Hard Left organisation would he be being hoofed? Or very heavily committed to a religion (any religion)?

As long as he does his job without prejudice and can be seen to be doing so, why should what he does in his personal time be an issue?

(Slightly provocative stance, and I'm not condoning Far Right ideology, but there's a principle here.)
He's also a paedo

Latest Threads