Met anti-terrorism chief takes on the Tories

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ord_Sgt, Dec 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Full story.

Nothing quite like a copper getting involved with politics. He seems to be showing a serial lack of judgement.

2. The plot thickens

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

He approved the arrest of a Tory MP and the subsequent search of Parliamentary offices and the chaps home - as well as arresting the MP in broad daylight, in a public place using anti-terrorism police . . . .

. . . . and of course, that wasn't politically motivated, especially considering he was just applying for the top police job . . . . which is given out by the incumbent government . . . . which isn't a Conservative one.

Ye shall reap what you sow my old son, and there's no point pouting and acting all surprised when people come gunning for you - especially has they are fairly likely to be running the country within the next couple of years. You might wish to be whiter than white under such circumstances and keep your big fat mouth shut.

Just a thought.

4. "Bad judgement" - apparently it's the one thing you can't get your cards for then? Sadly someone of such poor judgement will select subordinates in his own image, as he was presumably reported on and promoted by the likes of Ian Bliar!

time for an Operation Huntsman maybe?

5. Hany on.....The man is head of Anti Terrorism and he sees no issue in his wife running a service industry business from the family home that involves advertising numbers linked to his wife......?

Am I missing something here or is the man realy that thick?

6. Kit - I think you hit the wooden top right on the nail - Thick!

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

He's now said sorry, but I think the damage is already done.

BBC story.

8. The best form of defence is attack, so the old saying goes.

I still dont understand why anti- terrorist police are involved in this. I always thought they were paid to keep tabs on .... well........ terrorists, and to go abseiling off balconies etc.

9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Jacki Smith - there's the root and cause of the entire problem. SHE is the one that colluded with the civil servant who called the rozzers in. Off the record, SHE green-lighted this little adventure, and that Whitehall boss actioned it as he was feeling the heat from ZANU. That rozzer was looking to sort out the top job for himself AND a big fat pension, so he was happy to go along.

Poor judgement on the part of the rozzer - you betcha!
    Poor judgement on the part of the Civil service guy - not half!
    Nasty, unpleasant, dictatorial, stasi-like contempt for our democracy as part of the unwritten policies of Jaqui Smith and ZANU NL as a whole - do cows eat grass?

10. Quick has just apologised to the Tories and withdrawn his comments, saying they were taken out of context.

11. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

The whole thing says something rathe rnasty about the party-political impartiality of a verty senior civil servant, let alone the Met. Welcome th Gordon Mugabe's Britain, and subservience to the nomenklatura.

12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

You're right he apologised but he did not say his comments were taken out of context at all you lying fcukwit. :roll:

What he actually said was:

13. I read the Mail on Sunday article, and while it is patent tripe, there was no reference to where Quick lived (certainly no address), and was really about the business of Quick's wife. It was merely a gossip scandal page, with little to no relevance to Quick as being a senior copper.
    Quicks statements on a private matter were issued through the Metropolitan Police press office. Isnt that something a bit strange? Using public facilities for what is after all a private matter. He would have been better off ignoring this story, because there was really no story.
    If as he says this morning he made his allegations while "under extreme pressure" what is he going to be like when bearded idiots start exploding on our street corners, he is head of the Counter Terrorist Command. I certainly dont want to see more activities similar to those that killed Jean Charles de Menezes. This proves that Quick may not be the right man for the top seat on the Metropolitan Police, and probably he is the wrong man for the Counter Terrorist Command too.

14. "I reflected on my comments....." my arrse.

you checked with your lawyers and they shook their heads and said, "son, ya fcuk up!"

this is the guy in charge of AT in London!!! :roll:

15. Thanks DC.