Message to Zigs

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Blogg, Dec 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. YOU ARE A CNUT!!!!

I withdraw my fulsome thanks for the 500+ once fired .303 cases that you gave me a few months back

You know, the ones that have spent much quality time in my tumbler.

I withdraw my offer to buy you a curry

I have ripped up your Christmas card.

Why?

Because whilst those at the top of the box were Boxer primed, most of the rest are Berdan. And no I did not check. :x

2. Drill them out, I bought a little 18 inch lathe and used it for years to drill out Berdan cases, saddly I don't reload anymore

3. Buy a Berdan die. I have about 20,000 cases you can reload then...

4. I thought that Berdan primers were blown out useing hydrolic pressure because the inbuilt anvil gets in the way of the reloading die. thats why I spent years drilling the little tinkers out, it's not perfect but it works.

5. The hydraulic decappers save fiddling about, but there is also a special Berdan depriming tool that has two little prongs instead of the single Boxer type. Fiddly, because of course you have to manually "feel" for the holes, and some types of case have less/more gap between the holes.

Recapping them is the same as for Boxer - but the primers lack the separate anvil you find in Boxer primers.

I did reload .303 Berdan one time, but it was a bit of a waste of time given how brittle the necks of many military cases are - I ended up having to heat them to un-anneal(?) the brass ready for resizing. It was easier just to go out and buy more commercial ammo....

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have loads of boxer primed brass in .303 for the cost of postage, maybe even enough for 500 in lots of matched headstamps!