Message to the Taliban - Dont Mess with the Paras

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by kennys-go-nad, Jan 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good msg, kgn. It might be time to drop a few sticks of random ARRSErs into Helmand province. If nothing else, it will confuse the fcuk out of the enemy.

2. Some "NATO" mission

3. Well written article. Shame the author didn't spend a bit more time doing his research into 3 Para. They didn't lose 23 men on the slopes of MT Tumbledown. 3 Para assulted Longdon , Tumbledown was 2 SG.
    Good read all the same.

4. Hmm, the 130's might be for dropping paras out of, but probs more likely to move stuff around :D Mind, they could probably save some money if they dropped Arrsers over there. Might get a bit out of control actually :?

5. Could be a type error from the site. He did mention the correct battle at first :wink:

6. Dezhersinsky - why the fcuk would Paras be moving around the Stan in pairs anyway?!
    I don't underestimate the Taliban/AQ. But unless they take the Paras completely by surprise - not easy - they are going to come off second best in a fire-fight.
    It's fun to take the urine out of the Paras, and they give as good as they get. But all B.S. aside, there are no better infantry than the Paras, not even the Gurkhas.

7. What about Gurkhas who are in 'the Paras'

... and what would you know about it, Civvy Tw@t

8. Yes who are you to judge infantry ? Bet you are a walt civvy anyway .

9. I'm ex Reg ( 3 PARA ) , go for it fellaz! Get over there n get mega body count! Para reg fcuk all in ones or twos.......heheheheh.....dick!

10. Dezhersinsky,I wish everyone going good luck,get it done quick and back for the drink up in the rat pit afterwards,good luck lads

11. They'd certainly better be on the look out for your Mortar Pl. :wink:

The Lonely Goat Herd (From The Sound of Music)
    [Maria:]
    High on a hill was a lonely goatherd
    Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
    Loud was the voice of the lonely goatherd
    Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

Folks in a town that was quite remote heard
    Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
    Lusty and clear from the goatherd's throat heard
    Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

[the Children:]
    O ho lay dee odl lee o, o ho lay dee odl ay
    O ho lay dee odl lee o, lay dee odl lee o lay

Etc. etc. (Change lyrics to include the legendary antics of 3 PARA mortars as req'd.) :D

12. What's the matter, GR - not getting any 'cause it's your daughter's time of the month?

13. TT - if you want to call me names, PM me and we'll set up a meeting in the real world.
    Easy to be brave in cyber-space, flame-boy.