Message from the headShed

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Goatman, Dec 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Doc John

2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

...but not proud and honoured enough to get the Dear Leader to visit the wounded, clearly.

3. I'd say the wounded have enough to worry about with TCB showing up and giving them ulcers or summat.

4. Once again TCB shows his grinning fizzog to the troops and nobody gives him "rabbit ears" or fixes his handshake and strike with a killer question like "Why are we REALLY here?" For those of us away from home and missing our families at Christmas he's the effing reason why, yet he walks into the room to gain some PR points for the domestic media and everyones all sweetness and light!!

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

In the spirit of the season of goodwill ( I'm working hard at this one so try and bear with me ).......um.....I'm guessing that if the Great Helmsman did pop along to Birmingham Defence Medical Unit with a bag of grapes and a cuddly toy for some poor barsteward who'd been standing in the wrong place at the wrong time ( like the husband of a lady who popped a pound in my Combat Stress collecting tin back in November and told me with a rather strained smile that her old man was due out of hospital the next day - a YEAR after being severely wounded in Iraq) ....um....I'm guessing that the majority of people on this board would NOT applaud such a gesture, assuming that ( with New Labour's particular weakness in that direction) it was all about garnering a bit of positive PR ?

If the PM made a habit of being at Brize to greet every coffin arriving back from Iraq, that would REALLY put his bezzer Mister Bush on the spot wouldn't it?

.....so the pollies can't really win on that one.....I'm also guessing that if Doc John wanted to show that he personally was as committed to the welfare of the living as he plainly is to the remembrance of Britain's honoured dead, then he would be doing his damnedest to ensure that the personnel wounded in current ops receive the very best treatment that is available to them.....and not be fobbed off into the overloaded and uncaring National Health Service, as is apparentely the case with some TA personnel ?

Would S of S pitching up by the bedside be any more acceptable ?

(Have to say that I have no direct experience of TA med cases being cast aside .In fact a TA bud of mine was on a 6 month Boz tour and damaged his knee- railway tracks in the Metal Factory IIRC - the Army refused to discharge him until he'd finished all the available treatment...we thought he'd sacked it till he turned up at the unit one weekend.)

Right, that's enough being reasonable for 2005.

If you are serving in a far-flung part of the world, all the best for a peaceful New Year, keep your head down and hope you get home soon, if that's what you really wish for !

Le Chevre

6. A message to Dr reid from the troops:

Blow it out yer Arrse, you traitorous b'stard!

7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

uh huh...and are you currently serving in the Sandbox HBloke ? And what makes Reid a traitor ? Do elucidate .....

8. I've served in the sandbox and a few other places besides, Reid is closing down our defence industry and moving it overseas (Ammo factories, warship hulls etc the list is endless) He is a "Former" communist, which is a bit like saying a former nazi and is held in contempt by most soldiers I know.
    As for the BNP thing, I do not support the BNP as I actually believe in an Independant English Parliament Goatman, I happen to agree with some of their stuff but not all. I take it you think that dismantling our defence industries is a good thing? I suppose you believe that open door immigration is a good thing? I suppose you believe that hiding the truth about the levels of race hate against white people is a good thing? I suppose you think that our inability to expel terrorist sympathisers is a good thing?
    What are your politicas goatman? Militant Tendency perhaps?

9. Having experinced the crap that takes place when a vip vists I wish they would stay home if they they want to improve morale .

10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Nah, my command of Scouse was never that strong......I'm from the militant wing of this bunch - Marxiste (Tendance Groucho)

Anyway, as a non-native born auslander foreign untermensch , my politics are plainly irrelevant.....and if truth be told my old China, I detest ALL pollies with equal venom.......but having visited Belsen a few years ago, perhaps I feel a special distaste for the Nazis and their modern-day apologists.

Whatever your political leanings peace be upon you, wherever you are currently Standing Armed Guard (at a terminal, apparentely)..... :)

Proverbs 15:1

Le Chevre

11. As I mentioned in another post, I know all about Belsen from someone who had first hand experience, it was one of the contributory factors in me joinging the army as it happens. The secret of life Goatman, is not to judge a man by what he says, but by what he does, the only two things stronger than my patriotism are the love of my family, and my hatred of murdering scum, irrespective of their skin colour or politics. My main driving force, is to look after the future of my family.

12. I suppose you think that our inability to expel terrorist sympathisers is a good thing?

Fcuk 'terrorist sympathisers' we can't even get rid of the real mccoy