Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Jan 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spent a bit of time New Year's Day travelling to various regimental messes in the local NY Levee tradition.. Each of the Regiments has a drink/concoction that they 'present' as part of their morning mess ritual on these occasions..

I was wondering if any other units about the Commonwealth and other places have such painkillers for the morning after whoopdedoo?

One unit extolling its Scottish antecedents prepares Atholl Brose - yum.. oatmeal and scotch.

Second unit has -damn! - Bloody Ceasars

and the third has a -gawd I dunno what- liquid they have labelled Moose Milk which contains something white and something boozy which packs a kick fershur...

Any Unit/Regimental copyrighted/patent pending drinks peculiar to your dear old Royal 99th MacKamikazie Highlander Commando Recon Skirmishers?

could be a lucrative recipe book in the making here...
  2. I'm another canuck, but we did the Moose Milk thing (Seaforths in Vancouver). I can't remember what the heck they put in it, but you're right about the wallop! In fact, I suspect that's why I can't remember what's in it.

Either that, or it's early onset Alzheimer's. Regardless, I'm now able to wrap my own Christmas presents, and still be surprised when I open them. :)

What was I saying?