Mess Wellingtons

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by future_rupert, Apr 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone got some mess wellies in a size 9.5 already burnt down or non burnt down size 11, with boxed heels going spare? Or know of a regimental/corps shop that might have some knocking around? Just in case and can save a few quid!

2. Mess wellies burnt down? A £200 pair of boots shouldn't need burning down

3. A friend from the guards suggested it, so it might be something to do with their obsession with burning and polishing EVERYTHING!

4. It's not an obsession it's a passion. :D
    [​IMG]

5. Future Rupert,

I have read many of your posts (shirts, GPS, this one, DII etc) and have come to the conclusion that you have all the necessary attributes to make a first class Rupert (future).

I notice a post of yours in Health/Fitness from Nov 07 concerning how best you should prepare for P Coy which you were attending in two months time (i.e. Jan 08). So tell us, how did P Coy go???????

6. Didn't do it eventually as I got horribly drunk and skewered my foot trying to go ice skating in the middle of the night in Edinburgh. It was offered to our unit, an OTC, and several chaps did in fact go on and earn their maroon berets.

7. Are those your wellies butler?

8. No they are one of the many pairs I wax & polish so I can afford a Broadband connection. My wellies were cut down to just above where the overalls came to, for comfort, a common practice among the rank & file.

9. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Having 'mislaid' my wellies some years ago, I had my George boots boxed for spurs - hey presto, dual purpose boots. t_b, how much do you charge to get a sam browne back into top fettle? mine is looking a bit unloved & I'm feeling lazy.

10. Ditto a Gunner Cross Belt (that's never eally been shinier than shiny). Just idle interest?

11. I will paste my price list if it helps.
    This is the bit where the conversation usually ends :D

12. Is that like a cartouch belt? If so between £10 & £20 depending on the condition.
    I have never done a leather one just pigskin and gold braid but I can shine most things competently(hate doing frogs sorry.)

13. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

That seems a very reasonable amount, considering that it'd take me 2-3 hours to get it to an ok state. As I'm due to return to RD, my need is great. Can you pm me your postal address?

14. Hello The_Butler

Same here, I too have a Sam Browne which is in need of some tlc at the hands of someone competent. Sadly that person is not me... your address by PM would be much appreciated.

Charlie

15. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Get some Hunters, no need to bull:

[​IMG]