Mess Status for the New Technical Warrant Officers

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by WasMe, Nov 24, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all, I listened to a speech the other day that mentioned Tech WOs!

I was wondering, what would be their mess status?

I remember a bloke telling me (when I got in) that I was about to enter the most exclusive club in the world, once you were a member you were a member for life and that it was an honour to enter the mess!

I was also told that it wasn't like the officers mess as your didn't get membership for how well you did at school or Sandhurst, it was all about becoming a Sergeant!!!

I know that there are some Mess Rules Nuts out there.........what do you think???? 8O

2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

This will presumably be the same situation as RAF airmen aircrew, who get Sgt after basic trade training.

They are known as Plastic Sergeants.

3. If they go in as a warrant officer...do they get to do mr vice, gardening member and all those little bits a new sgt gets?????

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Any new Tech WO should be briefed that he is the lowest of the low in the mess and should be Mr Vice and general pi$$ boy until such time he has done his 'apprenticeship'- say about 9 years. It should be like the CWO in the US Army- they know they are WO due to their trade and qualification and have zero authority. Which is carried by the E5- E8 ranks.

I can see huge problems as these new WO's will come in a Mess and demand the same courtesy as a 19-20 year WO.

Looks like another 'good' plan with the normal results due to lack of planning for the fallout. Just make them Lt's and stick them in their Mess. Then they wouldn't have the problems that are sure to appear.

5. how about TISME running an induction cse for these new WO3s on the facts of life within the corps and the mess surely an aid to retention for all of us who would like to be part of the DS staff for this cse :lol:

6. deleted

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

So they will be the senior WO in the Army then? Not bad after 6 years. Not sure the 20 years qualified Conductors (RLC) will be too chuffed with that!

Plus they have that smashing luxury of never have to work again! Maybe I should have paid more attention during Biology!

8. Will these creations hold the same power and rights has a conductor...? :oops: 8)

9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Why cannot they be commissioned? They commission RGN's joining PQ.

10. WTF is a Biomedical Scientist? Don't they sound like Lab Techs to you? Can't you train monkeys to push buttons on Machines That Go Ping? Offering extortionate amounts of money and Status! Shouldn't they have the same ethos as the rest of us, we do it for the love of the job... 8O

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Is that the same type of loveable Lab Rat who asked the DGAMS if he knew anything about medical work when the DG visited Iraq!

Oh, he added that the machines that go ping weren't around when the DG started! Nice one!

Might have the brain the size of a planet but common sense (as most Techs demonstrate) the same size of the cells they count.

12. WO status for technically qualified personnel such as BMSs would have been a great idea years ago but as the Physios have a comission entry only then I think we should settle for nothing less.

13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Stools on a stool looking at stools!

14. Will the Tech WO stretch to the TA in 2005 or just the regulars?

15. Its going to affect no one, its been sacked.