Mess Dress

When i was promoted through the system to the so called dizzy heights of being a SNCO i was informed i had to buy mess dress, so i enquired around and found that no matter if i bought 2nd hand or brand new, it was still dam expensive. So heres a question,

A) Do you think the wearing of mess dress is out dated, when a pertfectly good Suit would do. And its cheaper to replace/clean after a game of mess rugby?

Sabre said:
When i was promoted through the system to the so called dizzy heights of being a SNCO i was informed i had to buy mess dress, so i enquired around and found that no matter if i bought 2nd hand or brand new, it was still dam expensive. So heres a question,

A) Do you think the wearing of mess dress is out dated, when a pertfectly good Suit would do. And its cheaper to replace/clean after a game of mess rugby?
answer to question A is....NO.
it is the mess, not some civvie snooker/lapdancing club that has to attract new customers. if you lot put down your playstations and left your pits once in a while..yes you know who you are...

IN answer to your other question no i am not labour, nor a liberal either.
And fair enough mess dress does look smart, but i think its a bit archaic, and was just wondering if it should change with the times and update itself, and i dont mean having flares and and dayglo colours kind of thing either.

Sabre said:

Mess Rugby? What fcuking mess are you in?

And I would look silly in a suit. I prefer the taffetta thank you.

Sabre said:
And fair enough mess dress does look smart, but i think its a bit archaic, and was just wondering if it should change with the times and update itself, and i dont mean having flares and and dayglo colours kind of thing either.
No it's not time to change. What next? Miniatures pinned to a Tommy Hillfiger t-shirt? Fcuk off and finish your alcopop.

Sabre said:
No i am not RAF
I fukcing detest the RAF and all it stands for, which is mainly giving fat unfit fellas the chance to tell all their civvy mates they fire guns. From 25 metres only. On single shot. Not wearing helmets. Or webbing. Fcuk me I really do hate them.

Geordie_Blerk said:
Sabre said:
No i am not RAF
I fukcing detest the RAF and all it stands for, which is mainly giving fat unfit fellas the chance to tell all their civvy mates they fire guns. From 25 metres only. On single shot. Not wearing helmets. Or webbing. Fcuk me I really do hate them.
Oh yeah, before I forget , stop your whining and buy a mess dress, preferably laura ashley you girl :D

Sabre said:
if you aren't interested in spending some of your (very good) SNCO wages on a proper mess dress or don't want to behave like a real SNCO, fcuk off back to being a cpl.

I have been in the mess for just over a year and buying my mess dress was uplifting of pride and accomplishment of achieving the rank of SGT, With 11yrs left I dire say that it will last the remaining years and used as much as possible.

We has Sgt fought for the right to have a mess many years ago and we are now carrying on the rights we received.

Most companies do installments payments for mess dress. I was lucky my parents went half to mine, because they too are proud of me getting to SGT.

I say long live the mess and SNCO should use their mess to keep mess traditions alive.

Sabre if you do not want the rank, then hand your tape over to someone who is more deserving. :lol:

Latest Threads