Mess Dress

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by todhunter, Oct 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone out there know where I can find a decent pair of second hand Sgts' Mess dress trousers. I only have a few years laft and don't really want to fork out for a new pair. My old ones must have shrunk or something..........
  2. Try Boss Hogg at Officers Mess Blandford. Contactable via Mess Reception.
  3. Just don't call him that to his face :)
  4. ah the "oh they must have shrunk routine" simple glue your mouth shut and handcuff yourself to a running machine for a few weeks and theyll fit good as new!
  5. I agree with slopey get and do some fizz, Slim fast and a few nutra grain bars should do the trick....... Oh and stop drinking beers in the mess you know its bad for you, er just for a month and they will fit good as new.

6. Anyone know how to get hold of a set of 2's for lowley bleepers?

I was told that my unit have loads up stairs (that would fit) and the reason they don't hand it out is because there are too many (*ahem*) portly fellows parading.

Is there a specific RS set of 2's, or are they interchangable from corps to corps?
  7. All they do is change buttons.

Why do you want 2's? As a general rule they aren't issued to OR's or JNCO's in the TA only SNCO's. When needed you'd be given a temp issue for whatever event your attending.
  8. Thanks Polar

I want them so I can go over to my missus' work and pick her up (Officer and a gentleman stylee) in front of all her beautician friends :lol:

No, we've got a series of parades coming up and there are some siggies and JNCO's who have a set, some who don't. Those that have them, are asked to wear them and those who don't, wear 95's. Obviously, I think 2's look smarter and more respectable/professional than 95's (for parade purposes).

I know kit issue is sometimes a drama (I'm still awaiting my brigade flash) and I suppose it's not like I'm going to leave the T.A. anytime soon!?!?

I guess I'll just have to wait my turn :lol:
  9. ah you would like a set of twos ! so you can look good? are you a walt? why dont you hire a set of whites like richard gere in officer and gentlemen! or when you get a set of twos try wearing a scarf carrying a pitchfork "dont panic"