Mess Dress

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by hillhater, Aug 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who wears mess dress these days.I saw a mess dress with lance jack stripes on it.When I was a lance jack I could not afford new lightweights let alone mess dress which I seem to remember costs hundreds.Is there a proper Corporals Mess now,with mess dinners and such things.Who presides at top table,a senior Corporal,if so what a load of extra costs it must create.

2. HHH

HHH LE

One of the "Top tips for using ARRSE" is post in the correct forum !

3. I wear my taffetta to bed sometimes. Do one fucko.

4. When you are too drunk to undress? I wore my mess dress to bed like that on numerous ocassions.

5. How very nice for you.

6. Hey Sluggy who's upset you tonight?

7. I have a headache.

It would kill a civvy and a bloke.

8. Sorry to hear that, hope it clears up soon. Goodnight.

9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

have you been drinking my crab apple scrumpy? it doesnt get you pissed, you go straight to headache for some reason :)

10. I would drive over with a bottle of Ibuprofen but there is a bit of water in the way/

11. Why were you buying new lightweight?, I don't know about the others but I was issued my original lightweights by the happy storeman and thereafter exchanged them one for one.

12. If one belongs to a proper regiment one and has a Corporals' Mess rather than Club, one wears Mess Dress. Please don't feel socially inferior.

13. It depends if your Corps is full of boring old fucktards, ours isn't, so we don't, simple!