Mess Dress suppliers - Who to avoid & who to buy from suggestions required

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by MrBane, Jun 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Hi guys.

Finding myself now the proud owner of the Uniform Grant for Mess Dress, I suppose I really had buy one as there's only so long you can duck and dive out of functions requiring the wearing of one.

Can anyone give me names of the cheapest (I want some beer tokens left!) but still good quality companies?

More importantly, any firms to avoid?

2. I got mine from Costellos back in the 90s in Germany, saw that they have a shop in Colchester a few years back, if I was you though look where you are as a lot of them send tailors round the Garrisons that way you know that they are good. As an idea though for extra tokens have a look round for us old crusties who are leaving soon as you might be able to pick one up very cheap (just remember though that if its a well lagged and used and abused mess dress the RSM might be questioning where your mess dress money went to).

What ever Cap badge you are might be worth looking on their threads as Ive seen quite a few advertised.
  3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I found them quite expensive.
  4. Does your Regiment/Corps not have a shortlist of authorised tailors?
  5. goodalls at rothwell near leeds. Excellent service quick turn around very professional service. I would recommend these guys to everyone.
  6. They aren't cheap, but the clothing was a perfect fit, and looked the dogs.
  7. I would suggest Jeeves and Hawkes of Saville Row....................................
  8. I used Costello's great service again not cheap but I'm paying monthly interest free having spanked to grant on Xmas and the piss.
  9. Do George at ASDA do a line in Mess Dress yet?
  10. That wont last after your 50th Mess Dinner night mine to have shrunk :0 thats why I have lagged mine in the past to make the material last...thats my excuse anyway.
  11. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

RAF Mess Dress . . .. .
    • Like Like x 1