Mess dress Shirt?

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by coffeewhite1sugar, Jun 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am in paderborn and need to find a shop which sells mess dress type shirts ASAP. Any ideas anyone??????
  2. May be worth trying "cash clothing" if the base you are on has such a thing? Sorry I can't help any more than that, RM units used to carry them in cash clothing.
  3. White shirt with a collar ?
    Where is your problem?
    I´m sure you can still get them in one of the many outlets in the Sudring Center. That is where I got mine from during almost 10 years serving in Paderborn/Sennelager.
  4. Email; Mess Dress in Bournmouth.
  5. I suppose it depends on what type of shirt the OPs unit require to be worn. If he needs a golf ball pattern I dont think he will be able to purchase it down town.
  6. Okay, it hasn´t been asked up till now so I will.
    What Regt or Corps are you and what do the dress regs say ?
    Why pay over the odds for an "official" shirt when you can get a satisfactory one for less than half the price down town.?
  7. Does he need a golf-ball pattern shirt ?
    Is it stated in regs ?
    I heard enough REME (my own Corp) guys stating it had to be, but they could never justify it. Being a tech I got promoted into the Sgts Mess rather quickly and I never wore a golf-ball pattern, just a white dress shirt, no extras, no port-fines and that over at least 10 yeas.