Discussion in 'RLC' started by Colonick, Mar 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where's the best place to get RLC mess dress, I'm fcuked if I'm forking out hundreds of my hard earned spondoolies, don't mind second hand if anyone is breaking free from the mire and soaring to the fluffy heights of civvy street.
  2. Ebay could be your friend :thumright:
  3. There's only one ebay at the mo and there is no picture so I'm a bit dubious to put a bid in, shall keep my eye on it though.

4. They doo appear on there quite regularly
  5. Sisth Sense has a few...
  6. size would help mate
  7. From your attitude towards purchasing a new Mess Kit, could it be you are a little immature and have been promoted too early?

Call me old fashioned if you wish, but I am of the opinion that if you accept the promotion to SNCO then by default, you accept the rules that accompany the automatic membership of the Warrant Officers & Sergeants Mess.
  8. Hear, Hear Wolf Man. This is an all too typical attitude of modern NCOS and I blame their WO's for not instilling the desire to be promoted and jion the Sgts Mess which is an admission into the most exclusive club in the world - to fail to embrace the rules and spirit of the mess is grossly discourteous and colonick should seriously consider reverting to Cpl rank and give another more grateful Cpl a crack!
  9. Thats where I've been going wrong! I've been revering good JNCOs for applied intelligence, professional knowledge, leadership ability and attitude; now I realise that gratitude is a far more worthwhile attribute.

What a silly Billy I have been :highfive:
  10. Try a tailors in any garrison town.
  11. Im just wondering on which board he has been selected on................
  12. Personally, i know its expensive initially but i preferred to buy my own Mess Kit. And besides, most decent companies allow you to spread the cost over a few months. Because we all know, getting those initial 3 stripes on your arm doesnt give you pop stars wages!!!
  13. Similar question, but does anyone know the score on female mess dress.

I am at a non RLC unit at the moment and purchased my mess dress 2 years back. I have now heard that the mess dress has changed from a dress to a skirt.

Will I have to buy the new dress or is the old style still acceptable?

I come back to the RLC world next month where people are more likely to know the difference between styles?

Any help? :shaking2:
  14. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Just keep wearing the old dress until you get told to change it.

Personally I think the new female mess dress looks a bit pants anyway.
  15. Try Deepcut QM's, They have loads of secondhand ones, got rid of mine through there. Sell for a third/quarter of original price.