Mess Dress allowance - New for 2009

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by drain_sniffer, Feb 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you are old and crusty and already have your mess dress - tough titty
    If you are newly promoted from 1 April 2009 you are entitled to claim an allowance towards your mess dress at the following rates

HCav and RAC = £835
    Scots = £550
    Everyone else = £455

I thank you
  2. That upsets me.
  3. What if I already have some but for some inexplicable reason I had got drunk and trashed it?
  4. I think you already know the answer to that one spaz
  5. Bugger.
  6. i got promoted jan - becuase i am in afghan i dont finish until late march. we get back and then go on POTL. doest this mean that i can claim for the mess dress after leave becuase it is the "first" opertunity i have had to get some?

alternatively, could you post a link to this or is it in JSP 752?
  7. Wont count - only those promoted AFTER 1 April 2009 qualify. Read HQ LF letter ref AG/HQ/1-6-1

edited to add - Its a one off payment, so if yours has shrunk, ripped, been swamped on or you have expanded along the waist, unlucky
  8. What if your mess kit has, uum, shrunk.
  9. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
  10. oh, and the allowance is not available to the TA - one army and all that
  11. Just another way of keeping the young uns happy.
    What will happen when we have no more pension trapped bods? Once more are on AFP 05 than 75 and they are used to getting all the gizzits what then?
  12. RSM like a good noshing does he?
  13. No suprise there then!
  14. April 1st you say. As in April fools day?? japes, pranks, wind ups and all that type of malarky???

How about if your transfering Corps???? Can I get some spanking new Mess dress???
  15. Which part of the "Promoted after 1st April 2009" do you find so difficult to understand?