mess dress - a bone question?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by cherry_red, Jun 22, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just got my stripey and some nice shiny new mess dress, however my tailor pressed holes halfway up my collars for collar dogs and i cant remember for the life of me whether we wear them, anyone help as i cant find a photo showing RAMC NCO mess kit with them and I am in a unit where I am the only RAMC SNCO so cant look at anyone elses mess kit! please put my mind at rest and tell me we wear them! QMAN I know you will be able to tell me, and you know me as well so feel free to tell me it WAS a bone question!

2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

RAMC NCOs do indeed wear collar dogs - I have a pic on the wall in front of me as I type.

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

ViroBono is correct, always check them prior to a Mess Dinner, I know a WO2 who didn't and had to blame the dry cleaners for putting them on the wrong way-didn't you Robert?

Snakes face each other!

Enjoy the port mate!

4. Cheers chaps, some peace of mind at last!

and enjoy the port I certainly will!

5. the P&P on the 22nd will be full of people checking each other out for any little faults.

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Best part of the night, seeing what punters are improperly dressed!- sous!

The medals are the best laugh, followed by the qualification badges! Mat Regs rule!

My, you do have alot of American medals!

7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Presumably the artistes formerly known as 23 PFA are not allowed to turn up at the P&P in ancient para smocks, but would if they thought they could get away with it.

8. more than likely, I, as a proud member of my trade, will obviously be there with my mop and squeegie :twisted:

9. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

... and leaving the table when one of the doctors decides he can't possibly manage without his own special cutlery ...

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Or needs his brow mopping!

11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

.. or his pager answering...

12. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Or his mail answering

13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

or carrying the correct (hopefully) correct amputated limb to the incinerator.

14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

or making his milky tea in the morning prior to a particulary difficult mole removal.

15. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Or pushing a recovery patient back to the (hopefully) correct ward