Merseyside ACF

Hey,

Just wondering if any Arrsers out there are AI's in Merseyside ACF. Am enquiring for an ex army mate (left in 97) who would like a no BS chat about becoming an AI. (PMs would be appreciated)

Cheers,

TG

PS Mod, will let you know when i have found someone so you can get rid of the thread. Thanks.

Maroon_machine said:
ive got a few muckers in MACF who ya after mate?
What Manner Of Men Are They Who Wear The Maroon Berret? They Are Infact Men Appart, Every Man A Empror!
beret & in fact & apart & an Emperor :wink:

Maroon_machine said:
beret & in fact & apart & an Emperor :wink:
fair one ive got mong spelling! kick me while am down aye hahaha Get my kit done butler
get yourself firefox 2 it does your spelling for you :D
oh and don't forget the extra p in apart

p.s. I spent 6 years at endbutt lane ACF Crosby, loved every minute though I did get hit by a ricochet at Altcar.

Endbutt lane ACF, is now badged Mick Guards, was RA....I think. How Long ago where you in? I think theres one or too people still knockin round who used to be there awhile ago like.

I work at Altcar, how long ago you get hit, it bad like?

Mick_Piper said:
Endbutt lane ACF, is now badged Mick Guards, was RA....I think. How Long ago where you in? I think theres one or too people still knockin round who used to be there awhile ago like.

I work at Altcar, how long ago you get hit, it bad like?
I was no1 troop Royal Artillery from 1973 until 1979 when I joined the Blues & Royals. My OC was Ron Towler The rest fades a little (hard life)
The ricochet occurred in the butts ii was indicating targets with a stick :roll: and a 303 round ricoched off a metal frame and gave me a 3 inch scar (warry) on my left shoulder blade spent 3 hours in Walton hozzi just waiting to be seen :D

I know there was a fella in the Endbutt lane RA unit, Peter Wearing? you might of been there before his time like, hes now the Coy CO like.

Bet that scar is a good pulling story for the woman when ya out aye haha!

some other PS names I remember were Ray Hirons went to grace rd para and sgt leeson Ferguson A female instructor. oh the grey matter is working overtime also sgt ted bone (t bone) . remembrance Parades at the 5 lamps and Marching through the city center for the lord mayor. We nearly closed once because there were hardly any cadets so we all hit the streets and dragged a load of scallies in with the promise of guns explosives and a regular punch up with the ATC next door. a lot of them stayed and some even joined the army. If I ever move back home I would love to "give a little back" it is such a worthwhile organisation.

I've never herd of any of them while ive been in! We still do the remberance parade at the 5 lamps and the lord mayors parade too, both good days like. The ATC are still next door too, wont rid of them tho haha!

duplicate post

Mick_Piper said:
I've never herd of any of them while ive been in! We still do the remberance parade at the 5 lamps and the lord mayors parade too, both good days like. The ATC are still next door too, wont rid of them tho haha! Was Major xxxxxx the CEO still when you where in?
hello Mick piper
I would edit or put xxxx over the name of the Major, nobody should really be named for PERSEC reasons.
the only time you should name somebody is if that name is in the public domain i.e. by newspapers, TV News.

Mick_Piper said:
I've never herd of any of them while ive been in! We still do the remberance parade at the 5 lamps and the lord mayors parade too, both good days like. The ATC are still next door too, wont rid of them tho haha! Was Major C***** the CEO still when you where in?
yes

Mick_Piper said:
Whats PERSEC?

PERSEC means Personal Security, it should be second nature to anybody wearing military uniform, it means looking after your personal safety, being aware of danger to yourself and your family. to minimise any risk, you generally wear a civvie jacket over your top, when walking to a unit, TA/ ACF whatever for example, not giving out personal details, adresses, service number anything that could be used to identify you and your address, your unit, to prevent attacks or blackmails, by IRA, Al Qaida, Stop The War coalitions, basically anybody who don't like the Army or the Government and its representives (i.e. YOU)

the only time certain information is released is when there is a public reason to do it, for example being a public figure Head Of the Staffs, receiving Medals or to promote the Army etc ...........

For my sins, I spent 3 years as an AI when I first got out. Started out with the Kings det in Kirkby (one of the local darlings pinched my wheel trims off my car!!) I then went to the Signals det in walton, done a couple of months at the RLC in Anfield, with the two Steves (mad as hatters the pair of them!) and back to Signals. The DC was a traffic copper called Bill H*******y, is he still about? If so tell him the ex RMP lad who on the same training course and in the same detachment was asking after him

No mate he aint about, well ive never herd of him while ive been in, ive only ever known of 2 people running that sigs unit in walton.

Mick_Piper said:
No mate he aint about, well ive never herd of him while ive been in, ive only ever known of 2 people running that sigs unit in walton.
Thanks anyway, there may be one or two still around from my days, probably amongst the old and bold of the county!!