Merseyside ACF Memories: 1998-2001

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by Jetwave_Dave, Nov 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone on arrse been in the Merseyside ACF from around 1998 to 2001?, I have posted this thread so we can talk about old memories etc.
  2. Bloody Hell, that's over five years ago?

Do you think any of them are still alive?

What was life like back then?

Was there still rationing?
  3. Not quite.
    I was in the RA ACF at endbutt lane for 6 years untill 1979 when I joined the Army. We won the drill comp that year too.(79)
    Nobody believed that my ACF basic was harder than my Junior leaders training :D
    Whats Altcar like these days?
    I remember when the red rose club was a wooden hut 8O
  4. Next you will be noticing how young the policemen are!
    'Old memories' arrse!
  5. c'mon guys he is posting in the ACF bit and they have such short lives unlike us dinosaurarrses
  6. Altcar...that brings back some memories. From about 1973 onwards until I took the Queens shilling in 78. Had many a bruised shoulder from spending all day on the ranges firing the .303. When I took the plunge and joined up to earn less than the minimum wage, I was gobsmacked at how the training glossed over training the ACF had drummed in to us day in day out for years.
  7. what ever
  8. Ha ha, very good.
    I remember when they could find their arrse with both hands.......!
  9. Whats ya name and who are you looking for?
  10. god I'm bored :roll: [​IMG]
  11. altcar still have a Fibua village near the beach, also the Red Rose is now a brick building, very good drinkies too , There is a Mixed Mess at ACF HQ, however if you find Mess Nights a bit too much you at least have teh Red Rose to go to and chat to different faces :)
  12. msr

msr LE

You must be an estate agent...

13. The Fibua village is still there and lookin good as ever, and so is the Red Rose! Hey if you get fed up with the ACF or the Rose, these alwase the Hightown...
  14. Mick Piper You hat! Looking as good as ever are you trying to sell it or some thin did u fuckin build it son or are you the irish guards care taker
  15. Mate in the guards everythin has got to be looking good. We have standards yasee, Not like some people....