Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERS Coronavirus warning

Hmmmm.... I wonder why Nottingham has such a high WuFlu rate?

1606746886564.png

Does it?

Chalkythedog

War Hero
FFS I've already posted the answer and also told you on top of that. Doctors are looking harder than usual for influenza - testing way more patients. It isn't being found because the measures against COVID are even more effective against the less transmissible, less dangerous influenza virus.
FFS ?? I've often found the gullible and feeble-minded to be intolerant and short tempered. It's usually attributable to frustration at being unable to keep up.

crow_bag

War Hero
Wonder if any of the other respiratory fatalities are are being logged as covid deaths?
I believe that the ONS also look at and record any death certificates where covid is mentioned, whether there is a positive test to go with it or not.

My father in law knows someone whose mother died, and it the Dr put Covid down on the death certificate, despite her showing none of the symptoms or having a positive test.

There have also been similar stories in the papers where people's relatives have died of covid without having symptoms or being tested.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Norsemaid

Clanker
I believe that the ONS also look at and record any death certificates where covid is mentioned, whether there is a positive test to go with it or not.

My father in law knows someone whose mother died, and it the Dr put Covid down on the death certificate, despite her showing none of the symptoms or having a positive test.

There have also been similar stories in the papers where people's relatives have died of covid without having symptoms or being tested.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Similar thing with a relative of mine . She's alive but hospital treated her
As previously stated in earlier posts the same thing was experienced by MIL . She's alive but the point being despite testing neg twice and no covid symptoms she was told probably has it!

My point still stands, influenza and COVID are spread the same way. If methods are effective at completely eliminating one disease then they should eliminate the other at the same time. That is not the case and both diseases still exist in the population.

So to summarise, you were wrong about the incidence of flu this year and you now want to be wrong about viral transmissibility?

I know you don't want to accept it, but SARS-COV-2 is much more transmissible than pandemic influenza. See here: https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/laninf/PIIS1473-3099(20)30484-9.pdf

FFS ?? I've often found the gullible and feeble-minded to be intolerant and short tempered. It's usually attributable to frustration at being unable to keep up.

Hahaha very funny.

Do you have anything else to ask about influenza or COVID? Try to make sure it isn't one of the other subjects that have been discussed to death in the thread.

Truxx

LE
No2 daughter turned up for a bowel op today.

She had a really urgent pre op covid test on Friday, and was only allowed into the hospital if she was negative.

She arrived, booked in and was plonked in a waiting room along with 15 or 20 others.

Who were all waiting for a covid test but as it was raining outside in the carpark/test area they had been ushered into the waiting room.

She didnt get the op she was expecting because although the consultant had directed (by way of a written note) that she needed a series of preparatory procedures no one bothered to read that so when she fronted up to the consultant, who asked if she had been prepped she was obliged to say no

Op cancelled till January

Dont ever tell me that the NHS is the best in the world.

She had a really urgent pre op covid test on Friday, and was only allowed into the hospital if she was negative.

She arrived, booked in and was plonked in a waiting room along with 15 or 20 others.

Who were all waiting for a covid test but as it was raining outside in the carpark/test area they had been ushered into the waiting room.

She didnt get the op she was expecting because although the consultant had directed (by way of a written note) that she needed a series of preparatory procedures no one bothered to read that so when she fronted up to the consultant, who asked if she had been prepped she was obliged to say no

Other national health services seem to manage their admin much more efficiently. Frustrating. Fingers crossed all goes well in January or that they manage to bring it forward.

Truxx

LE
Other national health services seem to manage their admin much more efficiently. Frustrating. Fingers crossed all goes well in January or that they manage to bring it forward.
I just shudder to think of the cost. (lost)

You are right though, its just shit admin.

This wasn't Carlisle (which has gone into special measures again) but I have an almost overwhelming urge to go round the Cumberland Infirmary with a clipboard and 20 questions to ask staff.

Only one of those questions would be the one which is of interest

In amongst the "how are the catering facilities?" and "what do you think about the new staff car park?" would be my killer question "who are the most important people in this hospital?"

I can virtually guarantee that only a tiny proportion would answer "the patients"

The NHS is a money pit.
It's a lumbering leviathan which has too much belief in itself & can't see it's own shortcomings.
Never mind how much money it's given, it'll always want more.
I certainly didn't clap on a Thursday or whatever day it was.
They were just doing their job.
The problem is that no political party has the guts to grab it by the scruff of the neck & give it a bloody good shake.
I can't remember how many times my wife has had an arthritis appointment postponed.
In two cases for more than a year.

Last edited:

Truxx

LE
The NHS is a money pit.
It's a lumbering leviathan which has too much belief in itself & doesn't realise it's own shortcomings.
The problem is that no political party has the guts to grab it by the scruff of the neck & give it a bloody good shake.
Nail

Head

The NHS is a money pit.
It's a lumbering leviathan which has too much belief in itself & doesn't realise it's own shortcomings.
I have come to the conclusion that the only way to improve it may be to create a parallel system. NHS experts can be consulted but should not be given any responsibility. No point dropping them in to a new environment and bringing their baggage with them. By all means consult experts in France, Germany and South Africa and find out how they get their admin, IT and processes to work. Protect it from political interference, not just gov't but militant lefty unions.

Latest Threads