Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERS Coronavirus warning

Things are looking bad already in the US, and they are heading into one of their big annual holidays where people travel "home" to visit family.
U.S. heads into Thanksgiving with highest COVID-19 death toll in over 6 months

The US reported 2,157 deaths and more than 170,000 new infections on Tuesday. Despite this Americans are ignoring advice from health officials and travelling in larger number than any weekend since March.
The death toll reached 2,157 on Tuesday — one person every 40 seconds — with another 170,000 people infected, numbers that experts say could grow with millions of Americans defying official warnings from the Centers for Disease Control and travelling for Thursday's Thanksgiving holiday. According to Transportation Security Administration figures, more Americans travelled last weekend, around three million, than any weekend since March.

The single day record for deaths so far was reached on the 14th of April, at 2,806.
The daily record of 2,806 deaths came on April 14, in the early stages of the pandemic.

Hospitalisations for COVID-19 topped 87,000 on Tuesday, which is a record high. 30 out of 50 states reported record hospitalisations.
U.S. hospitalizations for COVID-19 surpassed 87,000 on Tuesday, an all-time high, while 30 of the 50 states reported a record number of COVID-19-related hospitalizations this month, according to a Reuters tally of official data.

However, the US may approve a vaccine as soon as the 10th of December, if it is approved by health regulators. If things to according to plan, there may be 40 million doses distributed by the end of the year. For current vaccines it takes 2 doses given a month apart to be effective.
Officials from the U.S. government's Operation Warp Speed program told reporters Tuesday they plan to release 6.4 million COVID-19 vaccine doses nationwide in an initial distribution after the first one is cleared by regulators for emergency use, which could happen as soon as Dec. 10.

If all goes well, 40 million doses will be distributed by the end of the year, they said.

Chalkythedog

War Hero
Regardless of the medical implications, this is not going to end well. In fact if the Chancellor keeps the money floodgates open, the disease will be the least of our problems. Everyone enjoys a bit of furlough and working from home, but the predictions for the economy show what a fool's paradise we are in. Inflation on an epic Weimar scale awaits, and we all know how that ended.

JCC

War Hero
"The study was funded by the US Defence Health Agency and DARPA (the Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency), and the purpose of the study was to see if quarantine rules that had been implemented in the US Marine Corps were effective at preventing spread of covid-19.
There are three other aspects of this study that I find interesting. The first is that it suggests that pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic spread does happen with covid, since anyone showing the slightest symptoms was immediately isolated, and in spite of this, the virus still spread.
The second is that it gives further credence to the idea that most people with covid are not very infectious, while a small number of people are “super spreaders”.
The third aspect that is interesting is that infection only happened within platoons, not between them. That is in spite of the fact that different platoons were using the same spaces, only at different times. To me this suggests that SARS-CoV-2 doesn’t hang around in the air and maintain the ability to infect people who come in to the same space at a later time point..."

and,

"Next up, we have a study that was recently published in Frontiers in Public Health.
The was no correlation between the stringency of lockdown and the number of covid deaths. Strong positive correlations with covid deaths were seen with the proportion of the population that is obese, and with the level of sedentary behavior in the population.
Two other factors that correlated negatively with covid mortality were average temperature and average level of sunlight. Given that covid seemed to disappear in many countries during the summer, and now seems to have returned in autumn, the virus appears to act in a highly seasonal manner, so it makes sense that these correlations would exist. No correlation was seen, however, between humidity and death rate from covid."

Norsemaid

Clanker
It seems as though news of a vaccine has given a green light to the American people that hey, let's live normally now because in a few months time we will all be immune !
Well, that's how it looks to me anyhow.
Never mind God bless America , more like God help America!

As to the calcium levels, im okay with those as well .

JCC

War Hero
Regardless of the medical implications, this is not going to end well. In fact if the Chancellor keeps the money floodgates open, the disease will be the least of our problems. Everyone enjoys a bit of furlough and working from home, but the predictions for the economy show what a fool's paradise we are in. Inflation on an epic Weimar scale awaits, and we all know how that ended.
Get ready for the "New Pound" appearing in your account soon.

The second is that it gives further credence to the idea that most people with covid are not very infectious, while a small number of people are “super spreaders”.

Hey, I just posted about 'super spreaders' in the tin-foil-hat post.

Japan works on this basis and their contact tracing doesn't put all their energy into trying to contact everyone who has been in the proximity of someone with covid; they go a stage further and try to work out who was the cause of any cluster.

The article I read threw in some 'plucked from the air' figures, such as 80% of the infected aren't drivers of the corvid, but it's the 20% who super-spread it. So they put their emphasis on looking for the source of infection clusters.

And given their population size/density/age, they've done very well.

Very little testing too; 3rd world countries have better testing levels.

JCC

War Hero
Hey, I just posted about 'super spreaders' in the tin-foil-hat post.

Japan works on this basis and their contact tracing doesn't put all their energy into trying to contact everyone who has been in the proximity of someone with covid; they go a stage further and try to work out who was the cause of any cluster.

The article I read threw in some 'plucked from the air' figures, such as 80% of the infected aren't drivers of the corvid, but it's the 20% who super-spread it. So they put their emphasis on looking for the source of infection clusters.

And given their population size/density/age, they've done very well.

Very little testing too; 3rd world countries have better testing levels.
Testing upstream and trying to find out where they caught the bug in the first place rather than chasing around to find who they've been in contact with seems to be gaining credence.

The idea of testing people en masse with out any sort of strategy seems, thankfully albeit belatedly, falling out of favour.

It seems as though news of a vaccine has given a green light to the American people that hey, let's live normally now because in a few months time we will all be immune !
Well, that's how it looks to me anyhow.
Never mind God bless America , more like God help America!

As to the calcium levels, im okay with those as well .
They are fùcked now, in 2 weeks after their Thanksgiving it will go thru the roof because it seems the -it can't happen to me syndrome is in full swing.

They are fùcked now, in 2 weeks after their Thanksgiving it will go thru the roof because it seems the -it can't happen to me syndrome is in full swing.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving day. It's also the birthday's of two very speshul people:

1. Bill Williams; Alcoholics Anonymous cult-co-founder.
2. Me.

I've asked for a Thanksgiving dinner to be cooked for my birthday, so everyone can be thankful for me.

But Wor Lass has told me to 'fvck off'; she doesn't cook.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving day. It's also the birthday's of two very speshul people:

1. Bill Williams; Alcoholics Anonymous cult-co-founder.
2. Me.
Well happy birthday old son, hope you have a good one.

I was referring to 2 weeks after Thanksgiving, l do in fact know it's tomorrow, l live next door to them.

Just been speaking to my step daughter, she is / was in a romance with an American from Ohio. She had not even met him in the flesh, was planned for next year, an internet romance if you like. Anyhoo, he's just pegged it in the last few hours. Had been in hospital since Friday, 40 fit and healthy. Had symptoms of diarrhoea with blood, vomiting, breathlessness, knackered and a dodgy cough. I've just looked at the charts for Ohio, canny steep line, was a place called North Royalton. Not sure as to cause of death, if I were a gambler, I'd be lumping on the corona.
^
Re this.

Was going to post it last night but couldn't be arsed. The wife got a phone call from the chap that had pegged it, turns out that the step daughter was given incorrect information, apparently hospital is busy, Americans struggling with the Geordie accent, so back from the grave.

Turns out he's got ruptured stomach ulcers, he's in intensive care so not out of the woods by any means. At least it's stopped the family banshees from wailing, never a dull moment in the fcuking mad house.

Cheers.

^
Re this.

Was going to post it last night but couldn't be arsed. The wife got a phone call from the chap that had pegged it, turns out that the step daughter was given incorrect information, apparently hospital is busy, Americans struggling with the Geordie accent, so back from the grave.

Turns out he's got ruptured stomach ulcers, he's in intensive care so not out of the woods by any means. At least it's stopped the family banshees from wailing, never a dull moment in the fcuking mad house.

Cheers.

We had a young black lass from Ohio stay with us for a few weeks recently (friend of my daughter's).

She was 'utra British'; really stiff 'n' starchy. A real prude and easily offended. I was warned to just 'shut up' and definitely not to mention Trump.

I've read a lot of Germans settled in Ohio, so this probably explains it.

If you are deficient in vitamin D there's nothing wrong with taking a suitable quantity of vitamin supplements to correct it. However, be careful not to take excessive quantities as too much can be harmful to your health.

By my calculation you'd have to be necking 50 or more high-strength tablets a day to be at significant risk. I think most people would be careful enough to avoid that.

We had a young black lass from Ohio stay with us for a few weeks recently (friend of my daughter's).

She was 'utra British'; really stiff 'n' starchy. A real prude and easily offended. I was warned to just 'shut up'.

I've read a lot of Germans settled in Ohio, so this probably explains it.
I haven't spoke to him, I mean the whole thing's being conducted over the interweb which I find slightly surreal, he sounded like a decent bloke from the odd snippet I picked up. Hopefully he pulls through and it ends up well for him and her. I haven't dared tell banshee 1 that I reckon he'll pick up the corona in the hospital.

I don't have time to check right now but I'm betting this guy is another absolute penis. I'll try and check out his blog tomorrow.

He's a Swedish doc.

I read his analysis on the Danish facemask study; he points out that it only covers the wearer and doesn't say anything about the wearer's ability to transmit the deadly plague.

He sounds quite balanced to me.

I don't think you'll like him.

Norsemaid

Clanker
For those who like to be informed about the vaccines , their safety and efficacy I'd recommend listening to Professor Tim Spector and Professor Peter openshaw .
TS is an epidemiologist and is founder of the Zoe app and Peter Opensahaw is a respiratory immunologist .
They took questions from the public about safety of the vaccines and what types there are .
I'm very excited as where upon in the first instance I was considered at risk because of RA and asthma , there is in fact new evidence emerging that the meds I'm on offer protection from the immune system becoming over excited and therefore having these meds combined with a vaccine means that I can take means I can start to resume a normal life.
It can be found on YouTube as part of the Zoe app channel.

He's a Swedish doc.

I read his analysis on the Danish facemask study; he points out that it only covers the wearer and doesn't say anything about the wearer's ability to transmit the deadly plague.

Given your demonstrated ability to be unfailingly wrong I'd say this sounds bad for Sebastian!

3ToedSloth

War Hero
He's a Swedish doc.

1606352374641.png

Dr. Rushworth’s LinkedIn page shows that he works in a hospital north of Stockholm (Danderyds Sjukhus AB). He graduated as a doctor in January 2020 from Karolinska Institute. He is an “Underläkare” which is an “assistant physician.” A fully accredited doctor in Sweden is a “Läkare”.

He's been enjoying the attention his contrarian views have attracted with numerous articles and interviews since the summer.

He begins his spectator article (How dangerous is Covid? A Swedish doctor’s perspective | The Spectator) with "I want to preface this article by stating that it is entirely anecdotal and based on my experience working as a doctor in the emergency room of one of the big hospitals in Stockholm, and on living as a citizen in Sweden" and it ends with "If only 6,000 are dead out of five million infected, that works out to a case fatality rate of 0.12 per cent, roughly the same as regular old influenza, which no one is the least bit frightened of, and which we don’t shut down our societies for."

In September he announced: "So, to conclude: Covid is over in Sweden. We have herd immunity. Most likely, many other parts of the world do too, including England, Italy, and parts of the US, like New York. And the countries that have successfully contained the spread of the disease, like Germany, Denmark, New Zealand, and Australia, are going to have to stay in lockdown for at least another year, and possibly several years, if they don’t want to develop herd immunity the natural way."

Agreed on both counts. You should check out Alex Jones and David Icke.

Latest Threads