Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERS Coronavirus warning

Niamac

GCM
I think that Sweden with their smaller population, having no lockdown and practising
social distancing etc paid off, whether it would have worked for the UK is anybody's
guess
Apparently Sweden also has a high proportion of one-person households.

anglo

LE
Apparently Sweden also has a high proportion of one-person households.
WFMOB, social distancing a piece of piss

More than half of Swedish households are single-person, the highest proportion in the EU

More than half of Swedish households are single-person, the highest proportion in the EU, according to Eurostat. Official figures given to the BBC by the Swedish government’s number-crunching agency Statistics Sweden suggest that includes around one in five 18- to 25-year-olds, although its researchers estimate that the real number could be higher, since many remain registered at their parents’ address while they stay in sublet rentals.

No. JCC previous post was mentioning deaths. Yours mentions cases.

Worldometer (which you seem to be using) shows JCC to be quoting correct according to his info.

Swedens death rate is low even though cases are rising. And to be fair, so is the UK at present.
I posted the cases to highlight that the Swedish curve is a couple of weeks behind the UK, not to make a comparison on the numbers. I thought that was pretty clear from my post, but as usual, it seems it has to be spelled out in words of one syllable for the hard of thinking, or at least those who are wilfully obtuse.

Last edited:
WFMOB, social distancing a piece of piss

More than half of Swedish households are single-person, the highest proportion in the EU

More than half of Swedish households are single-person, the highest proportion in the EU, according to Eurostat. Official figures given to the BBC by the Swedish government’s number-crunching agency Statistics Sweden suggest that includes around one in five 18- to 25-year-olds, although its researchers estimate that the real number could be higher, since many remain registered at their parents’ address while they stay in sublet rentals.
It’s truly silly to compare Sweden with the UK, compare it with similar countries like Norway, Finland and Denmark. Or simply look back a few pages where I already did that....

In any case, the so-called Swedish approach is no longer substantially different from that of other countries - they have now introduced regional restrictions that are broadly similar to that of the UK.

That girl looks a bit stressed and in need of...comforting.
Any takers? It's Friday FFS!

Comforting, is that the new struggle cuddle?

In any case, the so-called Swedish approach is no longer substantially different from that of other countries - they have now introduced regional restrictions that are broadly similar to that of the UK.

What? Nonsense.

Wales is locked down. Laws are in place to ensure it's locked down.

Not so in Sweden where lockdowns are more localised and much less authoritarian.

I can't be arsed to list all the differences, but this article covers it.

JCC

War Hero
"With a million people reporting weekly, we have the largest national survey and our estimates are in line with the Office for National Statistics (ONS) survey. We can't rely simply on confirmed cases or daily deaths without putting them into context. Hospital admissions are rising as expected, but deaths are still average for the season."

The word is that England is going into a full lockdown next Wednesday with shops selling essential items being allowed to stay open.

everything else closing for a month.

Schools and uni’s will remain open subject to certain rules being imposed and adhered to.

Presumably further details and confirmation will happen tomorrow.

We had a call out yesterday for a group of mountain bikers, one of which had got lost, in locked down mid-Wales.

From Birmingham.
I hope you let him remain lost?!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The word is that England is going into a full lockdown next Wednesday with shops selling essential items being allowed to stay open.

Schools and uni’s will remain open subject to certain rules being imposed and adhered to.

Lockdown with Universities open will at least see ALL students with the damn bug.
Society going down the toilet but the parties must go on.

Any source?

The COVID mania, is strong here.
A flu, that has been hyped and gullible people, who clap hands on Thursdays for the NHS...all the while nurses and doctors in NHS hospitals create Tick Tock videos.
Mask wearing, social distancing, self quarantine and economic sabotage for the majority, however political types, who get caught breaking their dictatorship enforced regimes of; lockdown, social distancing, mask wearing measures are given a free pass and excused by opinionated media types.
The COVID rhetoric spouted by those who govern us, scaremongering about deaths that will be doubling day, hour, minute, day after day...by information from the paid for professor (Ferguson) spouting deaths of biblical proportions...and we are all here, but wait, die of anything and the government and COVID maniacs will proclaim COVID got "you"!

Last edited:
Any source?

Not anything concrete. There was comments on something on the tv last night that an announcement would be made sometime today.

We think some of the press may have been pre-briefed and it appears someone has made comments about that.

Certainly the Guardian yesterday was talking about the possibility of a lockdown period between two and six weeks. It‘s thought that two weeks would likely not be long enough and six weeks would be stretching people too far so the happy medium of four weeks is the most likely.

And Wednesday is the start.

Hopefully, we will get some clarity today.

This puts in interesting spin on why the Government are continuing to adopt this insane strategy, if true and would provide the answers to the 5G conspiraloons.

However planning for a worst case doesn't mean implementing the methodology, you have your fall back plan and as lockdowns at best only delay the outcome they clearly shouldn't even be on the table.

Then we have the report itself which by making it a secret we haven't had the chance for others to review it and pick holes in it and naturally apply to Sweden and South Africa with their HERD IMMUNITY.

The COVID mania, is strong here.
A flu, that has been hyped and gullible people, who clap hands on Thursdays for the NHS...all the while nurses and doctors in NHS hospitals create Tick Tock videos.
Mask wearing, social distancing, self quarantine and economic sabotage for the majority, however political types, who get caught breaking their dictatorship enforced regimes of; lockdown, social distancing, mask wearing measures are given a free pass and excused by opinionated media types.
The COVID rhetoric spouted by those who govern us, scaremongering about deaths that will be doubling day, hour, minute, day after day...by information from the paid for professor (Ferguson) spouting deaths of biblical proportions...and we are all here, but wait, die of anything and the government and COVID maniacs will proclaim COVID got "you"!
Tell you what, come to the Royal Gwent hospital and pull a shift on ICU wearing no protective PPE nursing Covid patients.

Admittedly the virus doesn't have deadly effects on everyone, there's 9 people I work with who are currently off with it, their symptoms range from feeling a bit wheezy to can't get out of bed. Those it does affect badly usually, but not always, have an underlying health issue.

I've found this amusing (not at all biased) article from the FT at the start of the month praising Germany:

And from yesterday:

Now I also seem to recall at the start of the panicdemic Germany was a shining example of how to do things right from the off with its low rates of transmission and deaths, so what happened?

I can't believe the German people suddenly all decided to say sod it and not follow the rules, following orders is what they do. So just maybe all these shining examples of countries that had a handle on this from the outset, South Korea, Germany etc only postponed the tide briefly and they are now heading into our March & April?

Behind the paywall.
Graphs in this article are interesting and raised a similar question I had when I looked at the Spectators classified report.

'Cases' are higher than the SAGE report says it should be as are admissions so its clearly wrong.
Either they simply arent flapping enough and 1000 a day will be dying by the end of next month or something else is happening? Either way its wrong so why follow it?

Latest Threads