Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERS Coronavirus warning

Truxx

LE
NI ICU beds are under pressure
Interesting local snippet from the Royal Victoria in Newcastle.

Numbers of Covid cases very much on the rise, and 6 in hospital with it.

But unlike previously where 3 out of 5 in intensive care would die these days the number is much much lower as staff have learned (the hard way in many cases) how to treat the thing more effectively.

So currently only 1 of their Covid cases is in intensive care and he is doing really well.

This is not a revolution for sure, but a very encouraging development.

Yeah, a judge, or to be more accurate an ex-judge.

I'd like to see his qualifications in epidemiology before I take his opinion with anything other than an Exxon Valdez load-level of sodium chloride.
Try looking up Ferguson if you want a real expert in the field and Sumptons' comments are about the constant erosion of hard won freedoms and the state acting above the law.. So a former High Court Judge should have knowledge in the field.

JCC

War Hero
If this happens it will be interesting to see who goes where from where. Altnagelvin would be quite far from Belfast but I'm struggling to think of an equivalent hospital closer in the South. Shipping patients across the border in preference to using the Nightingale option is saying something about the attitude of the Medical establishment to the whole Nightingale concept.
I did read (but can't find it) a RoI Minster saying that they had plenty of ICU beds because they still had the private ICU beds on standby.

the Japanese are already well drilled in the hand-washing, social distancing, and mask wearing business already, and have been for decades. It's been drilled into them since several plagues went around east Asia about a century or more ago.

I'm related to half of Japan - I've a massive family over there - and this doesn't wash with me. You ever been on Japanese public transport? And while I kinda agree with some aspects of social distancing being in their culture (less likely to shake hands for example)...

Granted, it's not all like that, but it's certainly very busy.

The Japanese better behaved? Debatable, mate. The older, more conservative Japanese, yes, but they still have their fair share of idiots. People who think the Japanese are some kind of 'well behaved robots' haven't spent much time over there.

Masks? I've only seen them generally worn in high pollution traffic areas. Look at the train clip. Do you see any?

Nothing's been 'drilled into them since several plagues went around east Asia'; nonsense.

I did read (but can't find it) a RoI Minster saying that they had plenty of ICU beds because they still had the private ICU beds on standby.
The State entered a contract to basically take over all the private hospitals in March. The contract lapsed in August.

I think there is currently a contract for a few

Lots of people in my area are just sticking two fingers up to the WAG and Drakeford.
Local lockdown, its easier for me to get to Aldi in Blackwood or B&Q in Merthyr... But this means crossing county borders.

Bollocks to Drakeford, the bloke is a complete halfwit.

Lots of people in my area are just sticking two fingers up to the WAG and Drakeford.
Local lockdown, its easier for me to get to Aldi in Blackwood or B&Q in Merthyr... But this means crossing county borders.

Had a chat with our MR Team Doctor last night about some stuff and we turned to Covid.

He's based around Llandovery - families that had never lived together, decided that they'd move in with each other for the two weeks so the kids had someone to play with and they could share stuff... His surgery has been as busy as normal, his drive to work has been as busy as normal, everything is as it was the week before.

Same in my village as far as I can see - the through traffic stopped in March, if anything it's got busier now that Powys has joined the counties South of it in lockdown - it would appear that no one in Wales gives a ****.

Isolated lockdown's will never work. Needs to be the whole country, heavily controlled and close the borders, then once everyone is clear, test everyone that tries to get in, if they show signs, get rid or 14 day quarantine.

Or don't bother - I don't care which, but one or the other.

Had a chat with our MR Team Doctor last night about some stuff and we turned to Covid.

He's based around Llandovery - families that had never lived together, decided that they'd move in with each other for the two weeks so the kids had someone to play with and they could share stuff... His surgery has been as busy as normal, his drive to work has been as busy as normal, everything is as it was the week before.

Same in my village as far as I can see - the through traffic stopped in March, if anything it's got busier now that Powys has joined the counties South of it in lockdown - it would appear that no one in Wales gives a ****.

Isolated lockdown's will never work. Needs to be the whole country, heavily controlled and close the borders, then once everyone is clear, test everyone that tries to get in, if they show signs, get rid or 14 day quarantine.

Or don't bother - I don't care which, but one or the other.

is there checkpoints?

- it would appear that no one in Wales gives a ****.

Funny you should say that:

1b.jpg

And my gym is about 300 meters from the Welsh border so has stayed open, but noticed three-or-four new guys, but all experienced lifters, in there last night.

So I reckon it's the Welsh, coming over the border, and using our gym.

I also agree that the traffic in Wales seems pretty normal to me, contrasted with the first lockdown which meant quiet roads.

The Swedes always said this was a marathon, not a sprint, and they installed policies which could be maintained over the long term.

Where I live, I would guess lots on the border are just heading over to England, spreading the plague and their Welshness around.

We need to #buildawall.

There are now sound bites about a national lockdown, which seem to be taking traction.

If there is, it needs to happen in the next day so, those currently on Tier 3 and not going to accept a lockdown if it is implemented just as they are ending their tier3 restrictions

I think that we will see the Government in an even more difficult place within the next 14 days

Archie

Not that I know of, and for clarity, when I mean country, I mean The UK.

We're one of the few real Island States, we've got a decent chance taking control, but we don't. Madness.
We are now a 2 weeks into lockdown in Ireland.

there are semi-permanent checkpoints on the main road and others that are done randomly

Latest Threads