Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERS Coronavirus warning

Cheers, I hadn't heard of the NHS datasets.

Just to keep things in perspective:
1603625666754.png

Blue bars are NHS beds occupied, orange bars are beds occupied by COVID-19 patients. I can't see current data on total beds past the 1st of October anywhere obvious. Likewise below for mechanical ventilation beds.

1603626015325.png

AfricaExpat

Old-Salt
A politician who will not go far at all since he speaks common sense. Very good oratory skills.

Conservative MP Desmond Swayne gives a passionate speech in the House of Commons on fearmongering around the corona virus pandemic and subsequent lockdowns.

You are wasting your time mate, so many on here fail to see, that lockdown and closure is driven by the pressure on the NHS, yet the many wanting end to restrictions, which inevitably will ramp up the pressure even further. It's all about how people behave until a better solution is found, ie vaccination.

That's it for me on here.
What again?

Obviously we're not locking you down hard enough as we've had this second wave so the third return will need even more draconian methods to stop you posting.

Personally I feel we can protect those who need shielding from your ill founded comments and the rest of us can pretty much carry on as normal with only mild rebuttals required, not derailing the thread and without the need for Mods intervention.

A politician who will not go far at all since he speaks common sense. Very good oratory skills.

Conservative MP Desmond Swayne gives a passionate speech in the House of Commons on fearmongering around the corona virus pandemic and subsequent lockdowns.

Has he been reading this thread?

Here's the COVID-19 summary for Sunday.
Coronavirus: What's happening in Canada and around the world on Sunday

Italy saw 21,273 new cases on Sunday. More than a quarter of those were in Lombardy, the same part of the country which was hit hardest in the spring.
In Europe, Italy's one-day caseload of confirmed coronavirus infections jumped by 21,273 on Sunday, with more than a quarter of the new cases registered in Lombardy, the northern region that bore the brunt of the pandemic in the country earlier this year.

Colombia reached 1 million confirmed cases on Saturday. Peru and Mexico are expected to exceed a million each in the coming weeks. Those totals are probably an undercount giving the limited health resources there.
In the Americas, Colombia reached one million confirmed coronavirus cases on Saturday, its Health Ministry says. The nation of 50 million saw cases peak in August and has seen a decline since, but the country still continues to register about 8,000 new infections a day. Peru and Mexico are each expected to reach one million cases in the coming weeks.

The president of Algeria is in self-isolation after several high level officials displayed symptoms.
In Africa, Algerian President Abdelmadjid Tebboune is in self-isolation for five days as a precautionary measure after coronavirus symptoms appeared amid several high-level officials at the presidency of the Republic and the prime minister's office. Algeria has reported a total of 55,630 cases and 187 deaths.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I’m hearing full Hospitals locally, staff struggling to cope, undesirables back in A&E spreading virus. Seems it’s now worse than when it kicked off. Staff being asked to work at Harrogate Nightingale because who wouldn’t volunteer...

JCC

War Hero
This will be worth watching. If they stick to it then the question will be answered:

and thus chap puts the IFR at about 0.12%:

which gives a UK death toll of about 87k.

I’m hearing full Hospitals locally, staff struggling to cope, undesirables back in A&E spreading virus. Seems it’s now worse than when it kicked off. Staff being asked to work at Harrogate Nightingale because who wouldn’t volunteer...

I know someone who was working in Antrim Area Hospital during the first peak. Hard going apparently. Their colleagues at the Nightingale in the City Hospital had nothing to do at the same time.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Science on social distancing. See the part about singing infection?

Ursus Major

Swinger
Here's the COVID-19 summary for Sunday.
Coronavirus: What's happening in Canada and around the world on Sunday

Italy saw 21,273 new cases on Sunday. More than a quarter of those were in Lombardy, the same part of the country which was hit hardest in the spring.

Colombia reached 1 million confirmed cases on Saturday. Peru and Mexico are expected to exceed a million each in the coming weeks. Those totals are probably an undercount giving the limited health resources there.

The president of Algeria is in self-isolation after several high level officials displayed symptoms.
and not a peep of a mention about Sweden. Strange that....