Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERS Coronavirus warning

A rather interesting article about the use of CBD in the treatment of Covid-19

@terminal

Why did you give it a funny?
I just find it amusing that cannabis is being seen as a possible treatment for COVID-19 symptoms. I'm not disputing that it might be effective, but I just find the idea amusing that a solution to the biggest problem facing the world today might be something that people were getting morally outraged about not that long ago.

I certain didn't mean to cause any offence and I can remove the funny and replace it with a like or informative if you feel it is inappropriate.

I just find it amusing that cannabis is being seen as a possible treatment for COVID-19 symptoms. I'm not disputing that it might be effective, but I just find the idea amusing that a solution to the biggest problem facing the world today might be something that people were getting morally outraged about not that long ago.

I certain didn't mean to cause any offence and I can remove the funny and replace it with a like or informative if you feel it is inappropriate.

Hey no offence taken mate and I do see what you mean now, I just wondered why was all.

Herself first heard about this when she was working down State in one of the big hospitals and has been following it closely. She reckons this is showing a lot of promise. The link below is from Augusta University down in Georgia who have been doing a lot of research into it.

A rather interesting article about the use of CBD in the treatment of Covid-19

Bloody hell, Ciggie must be immortal by now.

And here's the COVID-19 update for Thursday.
Coronavirus: What's happening in Canada and around the world on Thursday

The US have given final approval for using the drug Remdesivir for treating COVID-19. It has been used on a temporary approval up until now. However, a recent study found that it had no measurable effect on the disease.
On Thursday, U.S. regulators approved the first drug to treat COVID-19.

Remdesivir is an antiviral, intravenous medicine for patients needing hospitalization. The drug, which California-based Gilead Sciences Inc. calls Veklury, cuts the time to recovery by five days from 10 to 15 days on average.

A curfew from 12:30 am to 5 am has been imposed in Greece in high risk areas.
In Greece, Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis imposed a night curfew in areas most affected by COVID-19. On Thursday, authorities reported over 880 new cases of the virus after reporting 865 cases on Wednesday.

Mitsotakis said movement would be banned from 12:30 a.m. to 5 a.m. in locations deemed high-risk and where elevated surveillance was necessary based on a four-tier risk assessment by authorities.

Overnight curfews are also being imposed in Italy in Rome, Naples, Milan, and the areas surrounding these cities.
Meanwhile, authorities in Italy have imposed a midnight to 5 a.m. curfew in the Lazio region, which includes Rome.

On Thursday, regional governor Nicola Zingaretti signed an order that enforces the curfew for 30 days starting on Friday. (...)

The governor of Campania, the southern region that includes densely populated Naples, also ordered residents to stay at home from 11 p.m. to shortly before dawn starting Friday. A similar curfew in Lombardy, where infections are particularly surging in its main city of Milan, will also go into effect on Thursday night.

France are extending their curfew further. The have reported 41,622 new infections and 162 new deaths.
Meanwhile in France, authorities reported 41,622 new confirmed COVID-19 cases over a 24-hour period, an all time daily high that was published shortly after the government announced a broad extension of the curfew that was put in place a week ago.

The number of people in France who have died from COVID-19 infections was up by 162, at 34,120.

India reported 55,839 new cases, and 702 new deaths. The number of new cases is down from the recent peak, but there are concerns that upcoming elections and religious festivals could cause an increase.
India reported 55,839 new cases and 702 additional deaths on Thursday. It is the third day in a row that the country has added fewer than 60,000 new cases, but authorities worry that upcoming elections in Bihar, the country's third-largest state, could spread the virus.

Health officials also are concerned about the potential spread during religious festivals. In West Bengal state, a court limited the size of congregations during the Hindu Durga Puja festival.

Morocco are seeing an increase in daily cases to 4,151. This comes after the reduction of restrictions.
In Morocco, the Health Ministry reported the largest one-day rise on record with 4,151 new coronavirus infections on Thursday.

The surge in cases comes after Morocco eased some restrictive measures earlier this month, allowing children back to public schools in Casablanca and opening more mosques.

And here's the COVID-19 update for Thursday.
Coronavirus: What's happening in Canada and around the world on Thursday

The US have given final approval for using the drug Remdesivir for treating COVID-19. It has been used on a temporary approval up until now. However, a recent study found that it had no measurable effect on the disease.

A curfew from 12:30 am to 5 am has been imposed in Greece in high risk areas.

Overnight curfews are also being imposed in Italy in Rome, Naples, Milan, and the areas surrounding these cities.

France are extending their curfew further. The have reported 41,622 new infections and 162 new deaths.

India reported 55,839 new cases, and 702 new deaths. The number of new cases is down from the recent peak, but there are concerns that upcoming elections and religious festivals could cause an increase.

Morocco are seeing an increase in daily cases to 4,151. This comes after the reduction of restrictions.

What is our opinion on curfews?

This does take the chocolate or biscuit wtf ..in this t8me, everyones struggling and a larger than life drag Queen aptly named gets shy of quart of million

beggars belief.

maybe he should donate some of it to medical research at this time.

cheers

Hey no offence taken mate and I do see what you mean now, I just wondered why was all.

Herself first heard about this when she was working down State in one of the big hospitals and has been following it closely. She reckons this is showing a lot of promise. The link below is from Augusta University down in Georgia who have been doing a lot of research into it.

Let it have prophylactic properties too.

Can you imagine the reaction? Chin off that vaccine that doesn't really work and light up a big fattie and you'll be fine man.

Or better yet anything off the class A list. I did point out at the start of the panicdemic you'd be able to see if this was really serious if the smack heads started dropping; they're still living their roachlike existence with the normal not serious OD deaths.

Wales lockdown imposing restrictions on non-essential items? It's a tweet but is it real?

Wales.png

Mark Drakeford's 'Non-Essential Items Ban' in Action

JCC

War Hero
Covid detection via defecation.
Probably useful for giving an idea of the real level of virus in circulation.

This should have been rolled out across the country April/May. They seem to have spent six months bleating about "second waves" and taken no actual steps to prepare.

Covid detection via defecation.
Probably useful for giving an idea of the real level of virus in circulation.

That actually works quite well. Spain has been doing it for some time and identified an area in Elche with significant traces. By disinfecting methods they managed to reduce it considerably and the industrial area affected showed a large decrease in numbers being affected.
They also tested sewage water collected in Barcelona back in March 2019 which contained traces

The University of Barcelona team, who had been testing waste water since mid-April this year to identify potential new outbreaks, decided to also run tests on older samples.

They first found the virus was present in Barcelona on Jan. 15, 2020, 41 days before the first case was officially reported there.

Then they ran tests on samples taken between January 2018 and December 2019 and found the presence of the virus genome in one of them, collected on March 12, 2019.

That would mean it could have been present some 9 months before the first case was identified in Spain.

That actually works quite well. Spain has been doing it for some time and identified an area in Elche with significant traces. By disinfecting methods they managed to reduce it considerably and the industrial area affected showed a large decrease in numbers being affected.
They also tested sewage water collected in Barcelona back in March 2019 which contained traces

The University of Barcelona team, who had been testing waste water since mid-April this year to identify potential new outbreaks, decided to also run tests on older samples.

They first found the virus was present in Barcelona on Jan. 15, 2020, 41 days before the first case was officially reported there.

Then they ran tests on samples taken between January 2018 and December 2019 and found the presence of the virus genome in one of them, collected on March 12, 2019.

That would mean it could have been present some 9 months before the first case was identified in Spain.
According to the article, it was rolled out in trials in the UK in March, but has only now been expanded.

Massive amount of whining on my faceache bubble about the Welsh lockdown.

Gyms closed (not mine; mine's in England), no non-essential shopping, but off licences open.

"Drakeford reckons not buying socks or jumpers defeats the coronavirus".

Latest Threads