Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERS Coronavirus warning

Dredd

LE
The pro lockdown Branch Covidians do tend to forget that particular aspect.

Allowing essential workers only to continue working while the 'worthless workers' all sit at home ends up as a very complex job if, in the unlikely event, they could wrap their tiny brains around the complex series of interconnected dots that mean most peoples jobs are often essential.

Pick any logistics thread apart and you find all kinds of obscure jobs which are suddenly essential.

I said something similar to my eldest recently, but in reverse. Now is when we discover all the non-jobs that were out there, simply doing unnecessary but nice-to-have stuff that when it comes to a national emergency, have had their true lack of value exposed for all to see. Example I use is nail bars. No real need for them, no significant barriers to entry, no real value to the economy other than it offers something others were willing to pay for but could just as easily do without.

If they are les accurate why are they allowed? Perhaps it is a case, yet again, of 'money rules'.
If you have situations where you want to screen people frequently or otherwise need need quick results, a test which can give results in 15 minutes on the spot might be more practical than one where it may take several days to get results back from the lab.

In other words, it's useful when its something you are doing on top of regular PCR tests in situations where you would like on the spot immediate results. If someone tests positive you can still have it confirmed by a PCR test while they are self-isolating.

Some countries such as India are using rapid tests as a substitute for PCR tests because they are cheaper. It's less accurate, but in the case of India beggars can't be choosers and for them it may be better than much less testing.

I've mentioned this before but I've revised it a little in an effort to make things faster for the Branch Covidians who can just choose a letter or series of letters for their 'argument'.

A) Mention herd immunity they say there's no such thing and only a magic vaccine (which doesn't exist) will ensure that everyone is immune; missing out the bit that vaccines are something we use to speed up herd immunity and even their High Priest Vallance has said it wont be a cure.

B) Say no to lockdown and shield the vulnerable (if they want that option). They scream that you want to lock up old people in their homes, whereas under their failed plan you lock up old people and everyone else as well.

C) Question why lockdowns are occurring at all when all the data suggests the peak was weeks ago? Its the lag effect. This is not the positive tests though its the excuse lag that's doubling; 3 weeks, 3-4 weeks.

D) Point out that lockdowns are causing more harm than good and even the WHO are saying this. You're a monster who wants people to die. Ignoring the fact that under the NICE rules we're spending more on extending the life of one Covid patient than we do on saving 5-6 other patients with 'not as serious' deadly illnesses.

E) Question how the harder to transmit influenza virus is still spreading, as it always does, given all the fantastic fool proof CV84 barriers that exist (High Priest Vallance has also compared it with flu) and suddenly its 'different' or seemingly exclusively spread by the people who aren't following the random rules in your particular postcode.

F) The ever popular Branch Covidian response when their fatally flawed argument is lost to actual data and science, pick any random typo/previous comment made to 'prove' that the other persons reasoned argument is totally undermined and they are victorious.

G) Blatant lies/friend of a friend stories. Grasping at straws here and about a second of thought or googling could disprove it if you can be arsed.

H) Long Covid. Exhausted all other avenues now so latch onto a condition that effects a fraction of the fraction and pull in a bit of F to justify things a bit more. No one has ever in the history of humanity had a cold that was a bugger to shift and lingered on for ages after it was over, obviously excluding secondary infections which have always happened.

I think I've covered them all?

The Danes did a Randomised Controlled Trial (the gold standard of studies) on mask in non-clinical settings. It finished in June, but so far, no results published, which leads many to believe that it, well, you can guess for yourself:

1b.jpg

The pro lockdown Branch Covidians do tend to forget that particular aspect.

Allowing essential workers only to continue working while the 'worthless workers' all sit at home ends up as a very complex job if, in the unlikely event, they could wrap their tiny brains around the complex series of interconnected dots that mean most peoples jobs are often essential.

Pick any logistics thread apart and you find all kinds of obscure jobs which are suddenly essential.

A work from home worker will need internet, electric, heating, water & food

how many people not working from home are needed to provide these 4 basic things to work from home ?

Blogg

LE
The Danes did a Randomised Controlled Trial (the gold standard of studies) on mask in non-clinical settings. It finished in June, but so far, no results published, which leads many to believe that it, well, you can guess for yourself:

View attachment 514005
What a surprise.

Meanwhile the wheels of the Great Reset lockdown bus continue to get more and more wobbly

Oh ok then.

I) Face coverings. Decades of research have proved anything other than correctly fitted N95 masks are useless. Branch Covidians have 2 theories on this:
1. Its not to protect you, its to protect everyone else from you.
2. Course they do its obvious isn't it! This has fallen out of favour with the BCs as they know the science proves it not to be true whereas wearing a face nappy to protect everyone else from the lurgi you don't have is far more altruistic and shows how much the cult cares.
Evidence to support this claim come from the WHO and their 'sod it it cant hurt' approach and a Youtube video of a yank spraying lighter fluid over an open flame to simulate coughing into someone's face??!! Clearly with my sheltered upbringing I was unaware this was a common thing. Suggest that a rise in positive tests seems to occur after compulsory coverings and maybe its something that should be looked at as a factor (people are forever touching the bloody things and not following the basics) you're a conspiraloon. Suggest that positive tests only began rising after schools and Uni's went back and that is clearly the answer which is why we need more civil liberties taken away. Maninthestreet not having a dig it was a valid point.

A minor edit.

Last edited:

Plain talking Yorkshire folk.

Madam I doff my hat to you.

Bloke in work has tested positive for Kung Flu. He was sat on the same table as me eating breakfast last Thursday.

As a result, work have told me that I have to stay at home and ring them if I develop any symptoms of the virus, I'll then get sent for a test.
So in essence, the bloke was 6 feet away, I have no symptoms, yet I have to stay at home away from work until next Thursday. I'm still being paid.

Suppose I'll be impersonating Mr Bane for the next week or so.

JCC

War Hero
Nice to see folks beginning to recognise the media for the collection of lying two faced fear mongering drama queen parasites they are.
You could substitute "public" for "media" there just as easily.

You get what you pay for and if you want salacious gossip and up-skirt shots of "Z" listers rather than informed thoughtful pieces then that's what the media business will give you.

The worst effect, for me, is the intrusion of opinion into the news pages; opinion belongs in opinion pieces on the opinion pages.

There's still public quality journalism out there. The FT is good as is the Irish Times or the Economist but they all have their own particular axe to grind.

JCC

War Hero
Bloke in work has tested positive for Kung Flu. He was sat on the same table as me eating breakfast last Thursday.

As a result, work have told me that I have to stay at home and ring them if I develop any symptoms of the virus, I'll then get sent for a test.
So in essence, the bloke was 6 feet away, I have no symptoms, yet I have to stay at home away from work until next Thursday. I'm still being paid.

Suppose I'll be impersonating Mr Bane for the next week or so.

I listened to a bloke from Serco getting interviewed by nob-end-Peston.

I can't find the clip, but the bloke from Serco explained the situation pretty well.

There's two types of contact tracing:

1. Complex (rate of contact is 94%)
2. Simple (rate of contact is 75%)

Complex is stuff like prisons or workplaces and this is done by the local authority. He says it's actually EASIER to trace and they have a high hit rate because everyone's contained in a work place.

Simple is the difficult one. It's like 30 people on a National Express coach and this makes it much harder to trace people.

However, Serco get 75% of their contacts; the other 25% are people who leave false details or who don't wish to engage.

And of those 75% they also ask that their families quarantine, so he argued that the 75% figure should be much higher.

Yet we're still having lockdowns.

Something doesn't seem to add up to me if we're having such success with individual isolations.

Chances of Serco's £12Bn failure returned to tax payer?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blogg

LE
Anybody fancy a job at £2k per day?

You will of course need experience and evidence of running large call centres.

In particular "turning around failing call centres"