Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERS Coronavirus warning

JCC

War Hero
"According to the researchers' calculations, the Imperial College model overestimated the "counterfactual" deaths from COVID-19 – the number that would have died in the "do nothing" scenario in Professor Ferguson et al's infamous March 16th report – by a factor of 11.4. If you divide 510,000 by 11.4 you get 43,814, which is almost exactly the number that have died so far. "

source: lockdownsceptics.org

Attachments

• Trajectory of COVID-19 epidemic in Europe.pdf
    557.6 KB · Views: 15
I clocked this on UK Cop Humour this morning:

Now once you got past the silly people with their crystals and conspiracy theories and had the laugh try watching again without the sound and count how many times the interviewer has to adjust his face nappy or it is in a totally different position following a cut. Then count how many times the silly people touch their faces during the interactions - guy in the Star Wars mask excepted obviously, but then again.

"If you divide 510,000 by 11.4 you get 43,814, which is almost exactly the number that have died so far. "

To be fair it really isn't, try rocking up to buy a 50k car and saying 44k is almost the same.
Ferguson was still talking bollox though and presumably there would have only been a single wave then as well.

Chalkythedog

Old-Salt
The de facto leader of this country, Piers Moron, seems to be rowing back on his shouted wild calls for more lockdown. While moderation is not something that immediately springs to mind when considering his pronouncements, this morning he did seem willing to at least consider the views of his elders and betters. Didn't stop him shouting down his interviewee or fellow presenter, but hey.
To appreciate what a menace he is, it is first necessary to understand the news cycle. This is where an ignorant loud mouth, in this case Moron, starts shouting for whatever policy he thinks might work. Not because he has researched it, or even thought about it for more than two minutes. But because it's what he gets paid for.
The gullible viewership is persuaded that indeed Moron's idea is better than anyone else's. Later the same day a sample of the public, who may or may not have a brain cell between them, is sat down and invited to consider Moron's thoughts,
If the 'focus group' is persuaded Moron is indeed correct, then hey presto that's government policy!
Strange, but true.

That makes as much sense as anything else going on right now and as a non license fee payer, I'll take your word on it.
Have a like.

If my gym's anything to go by they're not feeling that 'controlled', they're just doing their own thing.

There's no social distancing; they're just in from work and doing the stuff they'd normally do in the gym. All the signs saying 'Covid - Machine Not In Use', which allow for better social distancing are just removed and put back when they've finished.

Gym staff aren't arsed.

Wor Lass is not long back from a run, she tells me there's a massive pack of kids down by the skate park.

It looks like herd immunity might be here quicker than expected.

Yep my Facebook feed is full of people bleating about the lockdowns/restrictions and how much they hate Boris while simultaneously posting photos of the cocktails and meals they're out drinking and eating during the afternoons and evenings with large groups of friends. My gym is also the same, especially now the students are back, it's packed out with them and none of them are paying any attention to the rules in place.
I'm not hiding scared at home, I'm back attending training with my reserve unit now we're open again and going shopping and to the gym etc, but I am sticking to the rules in the hope that the virus will go away quicker if we do. I'm not sure why that seems to be so difficult for others.

Chalkythedog

Old-Salt
Anyone wondering how on earth we got into the pickle we're in with the buffoon Boris should remember this is the generation that gave success to (among others):
Bruce Forsyth
Bob Monkhouse
Barbara Windsor
Sid James
T C Blair
Ted Heath
Jimmy Savill
Et al

"According to the researchers' calculations, the Imperial College model overestimated the "counterfactual" deaths from COVID-19 – the number that would have died in the "do nothing" scenario in Professor Ferguson et al's infamous March 16th report – by a factor of 11.4. If you divide 510,000 by 11.4 you get 43,814, which is almost exactly the number that have died so far. "

The Swedes used the same ICL model and that showed they'd have something like 85,000 deaths under the current policy that they're using.

The actual outcome wasn't even on the same planet, never mind ballpark.

crow_bag

Old-Salt
Yep my Facebook feed is full of people bleating about the lockdowns/restrictions and how much they hate Boris while simultaneously posting photos of the cocktails and meals they're out drinking and eating during the afternoons and evenings with large groups of friends. My gym is also the same, especially now the students are back, it's packed out with them and none of them are paying any attention to the rules in place.
I'm not hiding scared at home, I'm back attending training with my reserve unit now we're open again and going shopping and to the gym etc, but I am sticking to the rules in the hope that the virus will go away quicker if we do. I'm not sure why that seems to be so difficult for others.
What I've noticed is that most the people I know who are bleating live in the North West where stricter lockdowns are in force.

I hardly see anyone who live local to me complaining about the rules.

There does seem to also be a bit of a political crossover. With many complainers who say the rules are stupid and masks don't work are also those who are vehemently anti Tory at the best of times.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

There does seem to also be a bit of a political crossover. With many complainers who say the rules are stupid and masks don't work are also those who are vehemently anti Tory at the best of times.

Also the same people who plead utter confusion and are wailing for Boris to step down for incompetence whenever new rules are rolled out.

What I have noticed is the sheer number of jumped up minor Politicians appearing on our screens at the moment, the majority slagging off Boris and the Government. ‘Ministers’ from devolved Administrations, Mayors of Northern cities, ‘Executives’ or ‘Cabinet Members’ from Local Authorities, you name it. It’s very clear this Country suffers from too many layers of bureaucracy and there are far too many jumped up Political pygmies on our screens at the moment, who appear to be enjoying this crisis far too much! What a gravy train!

I didn't see Boris' statement this evening but my Facebook feed has exploded into "Boris doesn't have a f**king clue and needs to step down" again so I'm guessing restrictions are staying in place...

Are you and Whey Aye related ?
Apparently, they've never been seen together at the same time!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I didn't see Boris' statement this evening but my Facebook feed has exploded into "Boris doesn't have a f**king clue and needs to step down" again so I'm guessing restrictions are staying in place...

Part of the Boris Statement...

"We’ve also had a tragic increase in the number of daily deaths – with 71 yesterday and again today.

And these figures show why our plan is so essential "

Our local hospital, quite worrying:

Eight cases on my stepdaughter's ward alone.

ETA: Thank the lord its only just a touch of flu!!

Our local hospital, quite worrying:

Eight cases on my stepdaughter's ward alone.

ETA: Thank the lord its only just a touch of flu!!

I see some of the scare media saying a suspected super spreader event, no further details. Just wondering if you have any local knowledge of this.

I see some of the scare media saying a suspected super spreader event, no further details. Just wondering if you have any local knowledge of this.
No I don't and I hadn't heard that. To be honest we're more worried about our daughter who works there. She's already had it once - in Apr - and we've no appetite to go through all that again.

ETA: having thought about it, a 'super spreader' would most likely be a staff member. In which case they would also be spreading it around outside the Royal Glam, and the numbers in the community don't seem to support that.

Last edited:
No I don't and I hadn't heard that. To be honest we're more worried about our daughter who works there. She's already had it once - in Apr - and we've no appetite to go through all that again.

Yes perfectly understandable, on the positive I suppose NHS are better prepared in terms of knowing better what they are dealing with. Rumours up here in the North of a two week national lockdown at half term. Probably won't be long enough, new infections will most likely be quite high then, too little too late again. ( Don's tin foil hat )

Devolution is literally going to cause deaths from Coronavirus due to different Covid regulations around the UK

I now have the funny situation where I can't go into my neighbouring Welsh county as we're both in local lockdowns, but someone in England under a local lockdown can travel to counties in North Wales under local lockdown and don't have abide by the local lockdown restrictions

It's great for tourism as it's carry on jogging, but I fail to see how the virus is supposed to selectively target people based on where they have travelled from

For example a friend was going to have a party at her house, but without a garden it means only her and husband or anyone from outside Wales can attend, not very logical really

Latest Threads