Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERS Coronavirus warning

JCC

War Hero
The one good thing I take out of all this is that when a really nasty, infectious virus hits us, which it will, we've learnt all the lessons and will be in a strong position to manage things properly.

Yes, it never rains or gets chilly in Germany, Sweden, Norway, etc.

The over 65s are a bunch of fat-barstewards also; three-quarters of them are overweight or obese. If they'd exercise more, lose some weight, they'd have better immune systems. This is pretty much an accepted fact; I'm sure.

But it's always someone else's fault, even the weather's.

earth calling.....winters in mainland Europe are COLDER and DRIER.

Just in from the ONS

823.jpg

Not only is it an utter b@st@rd of a virus, but in the UK it is also a racist b@st@rd of a virus.

Just in from the ONS

View attachment 506873

Not only is it an utter b@st@rd of a virus, but in the UK it is also a racist b@st@rd of a virus.

Im assumong that for outrage purposes mixed race (which in every other instance = black) will not equal black here - So the Tory UK racist narrative can be pursued.

Rather than acknowledging hat just maybe as with many other diseases there are genetic factors.

Has anyone downloaded the NHS track and trace app ?
It needs Android 6 to run. My phone (which isn't all that old) has version 5.
So I'm a dead man walking? Buggered if I can see anyway to update the OS on my phone as well.

Piss poor that they couldn't - after all this time - develop a version for earlier version of Android. But that would require some level of competence and forethought I suppose.

crow_bag

Old-Salt
Aye same here, says high risk in my post code, I think that's because the Northeast was already under tighter measures prior to the PMs announcement on Tuesday.
My area is down as medium, but in England it can only be Medium or High.

Seems like a pretty decent straight forward app, and I'm happy with the way privacy is handled from what I've read up on how it works.

I guess it will take a while to determine whether it is effective as you'll need to get a good number (in the millions) of users I recon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Im assumong that for outrage purposes mixed race (which in every other instance = black) will not equal black here - So the Tory UK racist narrative can be pursued.

Rather than acknowledging hat just maybe as with many other diseases there are genetic factors.

It could well be genetic factors, equally, it could well be that certain demographics in the UK couldn't care less and paid no heed to any official advice.

It is only one set of figures, it would be interesting to see comparable figures from Belgium, Germany and France.

Then we might get a better idea.

My area is down as medium, but in England it can only be Medium or High.

Seems like a pretty decent straight forward app, and I'm happy with the way privacy is handled from what I've read up on how it works.

I guess it will take a while to determine whether it is effective as you'll need to get a good number (in the millions) of users I recon.

Wonder if it's going to be world class as previously claimed.

Didn't take long :D :D

A race equality action plan designed to tackle the “structural and systemic racism” found to have contributed to the high Covid death rate among black, Asian and minority ethnic people in Wales is under way and will be complete early next year.

A report published earlier this year said that long-standing racism and disadvantage was a major reason behind so many people from BAME backgrounds falling critically ill.

Corona' loves dry climates. They should get it worse. There's evidence that damp climates reduce infection. Something to do with how aerosols attach to moisture in the air and drop.

yet again you fail to grasp the basics.

Britain's cold damp climate means people are far more indoorsy and bunged up with lurgies.

crow_bag

Old-Salt
It needs Android 6 to run. My phone (which isn't all that old) has version 5.
So I'm a dead man walking? Buggered if I can see anyway to update the OS on my phone as well.

Piss poor that they couldn't - after all this time - develop a version for earlier version of Android. But that would require some level of competence and forethought I suppose.
The first version of Android 6 was released in October 2015.

The last version of Android 5 (5.0.2) was released December 2014. The last version of Android 5.1 (5.1.1) was released April 2015.

I expect that any limits on compatibility with older versions of Android and iOS will depend as much on what features are available in the operating system as on how much time and money they want to spend on developing apps for every device under the sun.

The first version of Android 6 was released in October 2015.

The last version of Android 5 (5.0.2) was released December 2014. The last version of Android 5.1 (5.1.1) was released April 2015.

I expect that any limits on compatibility with older versions of Android and iOS will depend as much on what features are available in the operating system as on how much time and money they want to spend on developing apps for every device under the sun.

So unless you're one of those mongs who gets a new phone every couple of years, when the latest model comes out to keep up with the Chav-Jones, but instead has a phone that just works and you're happy with it, you're stuffed. And they've had how long to develop this app? Tossers.

My version is 5.0.2 - how do I update to 6 (or higher)? Anyone have a clue please?

Didn't take long :D :D

Generally I suspect this is guardian speak for treating people from those groups as at high risk.

In which case, did you oppose the special measures that were put in place for other demographics such as the elderly, people with existing conditions making them high risk?..

Last edited:
So unless you're one of those mongs who gets a new phone every couple of years, when the latest model comes out to keep up with the Chav-Jones, but instead has a phone that just works and you're happy with it, you're stuffed. And they've had how long to develop this app? Tossers.

My version is 5.0.2 - how do I update to 6 (or higher)? Anyone have a clue please?
Check and update your Android version
You can find your device's Android version number, security update level and Google Play system level in your Settings app. You'll get notifications when updates are available for you. You can also check for updates.

See which Android version you have
  1. Open your phone's Settings app.
  2. Near the bottom, tap System
    And then
    Advanced
    And then
    System update.
  3. See your 'Android version' and 'Security patch level'.
Get the latest Android updates available for you
When you get a notification, open it and tap the update action.
If you cleared your notification or your device has been offline:
    and then
    Advanced
    and then
    System update.
  3. You'll see your update status. Follow any steps on the screen.

Get security updates and Google Play system updates
Most system updates and security patches happen automatically. To check if an update is available:
  1. Open your device's Settings app.
  2. Tap Security.
  3. Check for an update:
    • To check if a security update is available, tap Security update.
    • To check if a Google Play system update is available, tap Google Play system update.
  4. Follow any steps on the screen.
When you'll get Android updates
Update schedules vary by device, manufacturer and mobile operator.
Important: Older devices can’t always run newer Android versions.

Check and update your Android version
You can find your device's Android version number, security update level and Google Play system level in your Settings app. You'll get notifications when updates are available for you. You can also check for updates.

See which Android version you have
    And then
    Advanced
    And then
    System update.
  3. See your 'Android version' and 'Security patch level'.
Get the latest Android updates available for you
When you get a notification, open it and tap the update action.
If you cleared your notification or your device has been offline:
    and then
    Advanced
    and then
    System update.
  3. You'll see your update status. Follow any steps on the screen.

Get security updates and Google Play system updates
Most system updates and security patches happen automatically. To check if an update is available:
  1. Open your device's Settings app.
  2. Tap Security.
  3. Check for an update:
    • To check if a security update is available, tap Security update.
    • To check if a Google Play system update is available, tap Google Play system update.
  4. Follow any steps on the screen.
When you'll get Android updates
Update schedules vary by device, manufacturer and mobile operator.
Important: Older devices can’t always run newer Android versions.
Done all that, it's still version 5. Looks like I'm joining the Chav-Jones.

Latest Threads