Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERS Coronavirus warning

I wouldn't say it is staggering as such, at the start of the pandemic we were only testing those in hospital.

Now I believe that we are doing somewhere around 200k tests a day.

The biggest test will be how many of those progress to being hospital patients.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Exactly. The CDC reckon their ACTUAL infected case numbers were 6 to 24 times higher than their recorded cases, which is why I pointed out to the lobster that we wouldn't see death numbers like we have previously.

We can assume our recorded case numbers were at least 10 times lower than the actual due to lack of testing.

No, mate, not google foo. It was an appendice to an earlier article which I posted earlier that you rubbished.

There were quite a few listed there; all evidence of long term immunity. I planned to just keep posting one after the other.

Glad we got there in the end though.

The article which they said was submitted to Nature and has been rejected by them you mean?

I get you're not too sharp, but the articles you've posted do not counter the articles I've posted. This is how it works you see - the science is still not certain, because there are differing accounts, which means we cannot say for certain there is long term immunity or how long it lasts for.

Hopefully that's gotten through to you.

The article which they said was submitted to Nature and has been rejected by them you mean?

I get you're not too sharp, but the articles you've posted do not counter the articles I've posted. This is how it works you see - the science is still not certain, because there are differing accounts, which means we cannot say for certain there is long term immunity or how long it lasts for.

Hopefully that's gotten through to you.

Again you seem to be struggling with the concept of 'evidence' versus 'proof'.

I'm providing the former.

Keep going though.

Again you seem to be struggling with the concept of 'evidence' versus 'proof'.

I'm providing the former.

Keep going though.

No you are struggling - it's fine, I get you don't like having your beliefs or thoughts held to account; it's uncomfortable and leads to replying with ad homs.

Now, as I said - the articles I posted have said there is no evidence for long term immunity or evidence of how long immunity does last, if it's a thing.

These are not my opinions - you seem to be getting awfully upset at somethings some clever scientists have said, that it's causing you to lash out at the nearest stranger.

Although show the meta analysis which claims immunity is a thing, and then you might have a valid point.

Try also playing the ball rather than the man...

No you are struggling - it's fine, I get you don't like having your beliefs or thoughts held to account; it's uncomfortable and leads to replying with ad homs.

Now, as I said - the articles I posted have said there is no evidence for long term immunity or evidence of how long immunity does last, if it's a thing.

These are not my opinions - you seem to be getting awfully upset at somethings some clever scientists have said, that it's causing you to lash out at the nearest stranger.

Although show the meta analysis which claims immunity is a thing, and then you might have a valid point.

Try also playing the ball rather than the man...

Just wriggling, mate.

1a.jpg

"Play the ball not the man", ffs.

Dry your eyes you hypocrite.

Just wriggling, mate.

View attachment 506710

"Play the ball not the man", ffs.

Dry your eyes you hypocrite.

Ok, so now you've posted the same article twice. Here's a thought though, if the authors are convinced it's proof - why would they use the word "may" in their take home message. That's deliberate.

See - it's not even them over-interpreting the data - it's you.

And this isn't about wriggling - this about explaining to you how to interpret the papers you are reading/finding.

Last edited:
According to sky news, hospital admission starting to rise significantly.
Cases reported up 25 percent today compared to yesterday.

I think Northern Ireland has the highest rate of infection currently in the UK.

The border should've been closed along time ago and denying access to Dublin airport.

Too slow, @amazing__lobster, I screen shotted your post before you changed it.

You obviously saw how you shot yourself in the foot and edited your post.

1a.jpg

There is evidence of long term immunity; as you've acknowledged.

I suspect you'll keep wriggling because you can't accept that you're wrong.

You make me larf.

Too slow, @amazing__lobster, I screen shotted your post before you changed it.

You obviously saw how you shot yourself in the foot and edited your post.

View attachment 506714

There is evidence of long term immunity; as you've acknowledged.

I suspect you'll keep wriggling because you can't accept that you're wrong.

You make me larf.

No that's clicking too soon before I've written what I want to write.

Anyway, it's not me you have to convince - it's the authors of the articles I posted. I've no stake in this, nor do I care that you believe you are right. :)

The important thing is the people who matter - e.g. the decision makers, do not agree with your line of reasoning. Whilst I just think you're a bit of a loon.

No that's clicking too soon before I've written what I want to write.

Anyway, it's not me you have to convince - it's the authors of the articles I posted. I've no stake in this, nor do I care that you believe you are right. :)

I don't have to convince anyone, mate.

The only assertion I'm making is that there is evidence - not to be confused with proof - that long term immunity from covid exists.

And there is evidence; this is a fact.

Why are you so fact-resistant?

I don't have to convince anyone, mate.

The only assertion I'm making is that there is evidence - not to be confused with proof - that long term immunity from covid exists.

And there is evidence; this is a fact.

Why are you so fact-resistant?

I'm not fact resistant - I'm just posting lines from journal articles, recent, prestigious ones. Why it upsets you so much is not my problem :)

According to sky news, hospital admission starting to rise significantly.

Belgium's binned their PCR test for the purpose of gauging the rise of their infections; they're now mainly using hospital admissions.

1b.jpg

Prof Heneghan reckons a rise would be normal since we're going into Autumn, but we won't see anything on the scale that we've previously seen.

I personally hope he's correct.

Polyester

War Hero
Um....say what ?

Yesterday ( 22 Sept 2020) I worked a ten hour shift in Southampton docks,along with thirty other drivers.

We unloaded 800 mixed Fords from a vessel called the 'Monza Express ' Gibraltar registry - reloading around a 100 for Denmark/Sweden.

Whilst I was there I watched two enormous box-boats coming into the port - one of which was the CMA Antoine de Ste Exupery [ 219,000 tonnes]

Details can be found HERE: CMA CGM ST EXUPERY, Container Ship - Details and current position - IMO 9776418 MMSI 228098700 - VesselFinder

View attachment 506658

...if 'Shipping has ground to a halt ' please don't tell Associated British Ports until my paycheck is sorted ?

They may decide I was just hallucinating the whole experience and not pay me.

Your consideration in this matter would be sincerely depreciated......
I really love posts like these. Well done Goatman, well done. There were some similarly well informed posters in the Brexit thread too.

E2A: no sarcasm intended.

Oh if it's on the internet it must be true.

I suspect that if I were to Google "government u turn" it would throw up loads of stuff from people who hate the government and complain about everything, people who think that covid is a hoax or "just the flu", and people who are scared of their own shadow and think the whole country should have been locked down totally since January.

While the government have changed their advice and bought in stricter sanctions for those who refuse to follow the rules, they have not done so because of pressure from the opposition parties, the media, or the public (that we know of).

What the government have done is reacted to the changes in the infection rate and bought in measures which they hope will help to prevent us ending up in a situation like we were in in April.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you, in fact I concur with some of your points and we could debate the semantics of terminology ad infinitum.
I think the government are treading a tight rope and have been for a while. I also think, as it seems do many back benchers and businesses that another full lockdown would be beyond the pale, however, the government have to be seen to try to do something short of that in order to deflect growing criticism from all sides and interests without crucifying the economy.
My personal view is that the threat to the economy is the greater danger, particularly medium to long term.

Latest Threads