Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERS Coronavirus warning

2020-07-27_11-09_Deaths registered weekly in.jpg

Nobody knows how it will pan out for them if infected, regardless of age and fitness etc. That's a fact, that's why everyone has responsibility to follow the guidelines, if everyone just bites the bullet and cracks on, sooner normalisation will return, loads just want to gripe about it, because they don't like the Tories or disagree with Brexit or whatever, everybody has a responsibility, some fcukers will go against the grain, while the majority will follow the rules.

The same can be said for most diseases. Everyone has a unique reaction. I’ve known young, fit and healthy people get very ill with colds, flu etc.

You say normalisation will return. What is the endstate that will allow that to happen? As I understand it it is either herd immunity through infection or vaccine. The vaccines are a way off still and areas are going into local lockdowns to stop infection. Again, as I understand it, the point of keeping the infection rate low was to prevent the overwhelm of the NHS.

If you go by published figures, then 0.5 to 1% are at risk of death from COVID18. That is between 345000 and 690000 assuming a population around 69 million.

The figures 0.5 to 1% are lower estimates than officially published . Are these figures really acceptable to the hard men.

Tuberculosis is a bacterial disease, by the way. We do a lot to control it and it can still be treated with multiple antibiotic therapy over 6 months for resistant strains.

The same can be said for most diseases. Everyone has a unique reaction. I’ve known young, fit and healthy people get very ill with colds, flu etc.

You say normalisation will return. What is the endstate that will allow that to happen? As I understand it it is either herd immunity through infection or vaccine. The vaccines are a way off still and areas are going into local lockdowns to stop infection. Again, as I understand it, the point of keeping the infection rate low was to prevent the overwhelm of the NHS.
Protect the NHS and the last bit of the mantra has always been "help save lives" which you seem to have conveniently forgot.

Protect the NHS and the last bit of the mantra has always been "help save lives" which you seem to have conveniently forgot.

No, I have not. What I asked though is what is the endstate for a return to normality. My understanding would be either herd immunity or acceptance of thousands of people dying a year, as we do with flu and road deaths.

No, I have not. What I asked though is what is the endstate for a return to normality. My understanding would be either herd immunity or acceptance of thousands of people dying a year, as we do with flu and road deaths.
Probably when people aren't dying from coronavirus, I'am not a fcuking professor am I.

Probably when people aren't dying from coronavirus, I'am not a fcuking professor am I.

I'm pretty sure the consensus among the professors is that the corona is going to be endemic in the population now. You know, always in the background and will make itself shown during the autumn and winter.

I can cite a German epidemiologist as evidence if need be.

so we either remain in lockdown of varying degrees until a vaccine is produced or achieve herd immunity through infection. But what I don’t understand why people seem content for 80,000 people to die every year from flu and 160,000 to die or get injured on the roads but not apparently from Covid-19. It seems like cognitive dissonance to me.

I'm pretty sure the consensus among the professors is that the corona is going to be endemic in the population now. You know, always in the background and will make itself shown during the autumn and winter.

I can cite a German epidemiologist as evidence if need be.
Pretty sick of it TBF now, just got to crack on under whatever measures at whatever given time. TBF, I can see both parts of the arguments. As I said though, life to the vast majority is precious, regardless of age and it's been hardlines on some of the poor cnuts that have copped it.

so we either remain in lockdown of varying degrees until a vaccine is produced or achieve herd immunity through infection. But what I don’t understand why people seem content for 80,000 people to die every year from flu and 160,000 to die or get injured on the roads but not apparently from Covid-19. It seems like cognitive dissonance to me.

The irresponsible power of social media and the MSM imho. If flu gained the same traction through such mediums as covid19 we'd all be expected to hide in our homes every winter to protect the vulnerable.

Dunno, maybe it's because it's a horrible chinese virus that the media turned into knicker wetting, or maybe it's a lethal virus that has potential to kill anyone. Send your questions to Beth Rigby, maybe you'll get a slot if they kick off the daily briefing malarkey again.

Winnet

Old-Salt
Pretty sick of it TBF now, just got to crack on under whatever measures at whatever given time. TBF, I can see both parts of the arguments. As I said though, life to the vast majority is precious, regardless of age and it's been hardlines on some of the poor cnuts that have copped it.
[/QUOTE

Sums it up . We are all in this together.

Dunno, maybe it's because it's a horrible chinese virus that the media turned into knicker wetting, or maybe it's a lethal virus that has potential to kill anyone. Send your questions to Beth Rigby, maybe you'll get a slot if they kick off the daily briefing malarkey again.
True but dodgy. Wasp stings and choking on food also have the potential to kill anyone but the risk is so small for most people that it's not worth worrying about.

Would you care to guess what percentage of deaths in England and Wales had COVID mentioned on the death certificate? Not for the whole year, just between March and the end of August.

Why not? Cancer kills on average 450 people everyday in the UK.

TB killed 1.5 million in the world in 2018.

Are there figures acceptable to you?

Maybe it's a case of it just being reality, rather than acceptance?

Cancer is not passed by air.
TB is a known quantity.

Covid19 isn't.

Comparing apples and oranges.

Winnet

Old-Salt
True but dodgy. Wasp stings and choking on food also have the potential to kill anyone but the risk is so small for most people that it's not worth worrying about.

Would you care to guess what percentage of deaths in England and Wales had COVID mentioned on the death certificate? Not for the whole year, just between March and the end of August.

That is past . Would you care to guess where we will be in the spring?

Latest Threads