Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERS Coronavirus warning

Want to cut the spread?

stop car loads of mongs traveling 60 miles to the coast every frigging day.
Rammed roads out of Pompey as all the mongs who’ve travelled down to the coast for a day out head back to places further north like Londonistan.

AfricaExpat

Old-Salt
Want to cut the spread?
If you feel you are in a risk group increasing the spread particularly among the younger people is exactly what is needed to reduce the chance of virus propagation. The trick is then to avoid being in contact with the young for a couple of months.

As was just said you really don't want to be suffering in the cold damp winter weeks and dragging Corona out over another year is in no one’s interest. Perversely government should actually be encouraging sweaty raves rather than imposing ten thousand pound fines.

If you feel you are in a risk group increasing the spread particularly among the younger people is exactly what is needed to reduce the chance of virus propagation. The trick is then to avoid being in contact with the young for a couple of months.

As was just said you really don't want to be suffering in the cold damp winter weeks and dragging Corona out over another year is in no one’s interest. Perversely government should actually be encouraging sweaty raves rather than imposing ten thousand pound fines.
Exactly. We should be deliberately encouraging anyone under 40 to catch the damn thing and get it over with. At the risk of repeating myself:
1600645480110.png

Ok its the Gruniad but aside from the odd drift into racist coppers it makes, to my mind, some valid points.
Pubs didn't shut til 11 under wartime powers after all.

And given that this morning advisers will be telling us what they think and why we should do as they say with no questions from the press or input from those who were elected to represent and govern it does make you wonder.

Perhaps its a chance to throw them under the bus when other very well qualified people point out the folly of their vision?
See if the public are stilling to accept more draconian measures to protect them from, well a minor illness now which is only killing in numbers due to the lack of medical care available or sought for other conditions and not due to the virus itself?

Just listening to the two senior scientists on the Beeb. Lots of “ifs” and “maybes”, but the over riding impression is we are going to be shackled to this pandemic for many more months to come.
I do feel however that the country is currently being governed by PowerPoint Presentations. How depressing it all sounds.

Just listening to the two senior scientists on the Beeb. Lots of “ifs” and “maybes”, but the over riding impression is we are going to be shackled to this pandemic for many more months to come.
I do feel however that the country is currently being governed by PowerPoint Presentations. How depressing it all sounds.

I think they are hitting all the big questions and nailing the media bile

Good to see them saying what is happening without the interference of politicians butting in

I find myself asking what the objectives of that briefing were. There was clearly a lot of 'statement of fact', which I must assume is based in real (and sufficient) data for it to be objective. Were the advisors saying to joe public 'prepare for the shit to hit the fan' or 'change your behaviours please of the shit is going to hit the fan'?

Feels like more of the latter. Schools and back and universities are back and 20-29 year olds are where the major growth infection are

I find myself asking what the objectives of that briefing were. There was clearly a lot of 'statement of fact', which I must assume is based in real (and sufficient) data for it to be objective. Were the advisors saying to joe public 'prepare for the shit to hit the fan' or 'change your behaviours please of the shit is going to hit the fan'?

Feels like more of the latter. Schools and back and universities are back and 20-29 year olds are where the major growth infection are

Think it is a combination of both with the underlying bit being " the shit is going to hit the fan"

ETA they certainly brought out the Professors

We are going to have a bad winter…
A vaccine is probably a year away.
The virus is not getting 'weaker' and we are not getting 'herd immunity', despite the wittering on Facebook.

Chalkythedog

Old-Salt
the Swedes also have a low level of genetic and physical disorders in their general population.
But that’s Eugenics and forced sterilisation for you.
They also have less of the cousin-marrying demographic than we do.
We're actually being governed by Piers Moron. Whatever panicky rubbish he spouts at 8.0am is duly regurgitated by a Downing Street focus group at 11.0am. Next thing you know, it's government policy.
Where are the Royals? No show at Westminster Abbey yesterday, Prince Charles pre-recorded from Scotland. The best they can manage is Edward and family litter picking on Brighton beach.
Are they even in this country?

Latest Threads