Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERS Coronavirus warning

I'd been in a hospital to visit a sick relative and 5 days later developed a persistent dry cough which was confirmed as covid-19 a week later by a PCR test, so yes, I have caught the disease.
No. You think you've had it. Given the symptom and the history, you probably have had it, but the test results could still be wrong, and you might have had something else that brought on a cough. Still, if you're convinced you've had it and can't get it again, that's your lookout.
I don't care if I get it again. Either my immune system handles it in the future or it doesn't. I'm not going to spend the rest of my life shutting myself away from society every time the clowns running the government send me a text message.
Which is a bit of a selfish attitude to take.

Blogg

LE

This.

Yet Matt Hancock still in (public) denial and whatever briefing the Cabinet are getting bound to be bollox once vastly overinflated numbers of "cases" thus generated are fed into the Imperial College Doom Model which already features (in the view of the Swedish government epidemiology wonks) some "extreme" assumptions.

Increasing sense that Politicians and the Science Blob know they cannot possibly admit to this and are keeping the fiction going until a "miracle" vaccine arrives and yay we are all saved.

GDog

Old-Salt
You might not care, others might, it's not just about you.

I don't think staying in for a few days is hard personally.

Speak for yourself.

I've just had my sister on the phone who is at her wits end with stress as our dad has been readmitted to hospital with cancer and is now deteriorating rapidly - she clearly thinks there isn't much time left.

I am not going to piss about with Hancock's flawed rules if I need to support my family or ensure my dad doesn't die alone, especially given that I've already caught covid-19.

Speak for yourself.

I've just had my sister on the phone who is at her wits end with stress as our dad has been readmitted to hospital with cancer and is now deteriorating rapidly - she clearly thinks there isn't much time left.

I am not going to piss about with Hancock's flawed rules if I need to support my family or ensure my dad doesn't die alone, especially given that I've already caught covid-19.
I lost my brother to swine flu, still doesn't give me any special rights. Loads of people have had it now, some more fortunate than others re the outcome. Just because you have had it, doesn't mean you can't get it again and pass it on to others. The rules are for everyone to follow, not certain individuals who think they are exempt, a bit like the army in those respects. However, best of luck with your dad and family.

GDog

Old-Salt
I lost my brother to swine flu, still doesn't give me any special rights. Loads of people have had it now, some more fortunate than others re the outcome. Just because you have had it, doesn't mean you can't get it again and pass it on to others. The rules are for everyone to follow, not certain individuals who think they are exempt, a bit like the army in those respects. However, best of luck with your dad and family.

What evidence is there that I can catch it again and pass it on? Two case studies in a pandemic that's spread to millions?

If continual re-infection was possible then nobody would ever recover. Even the Government deems you non-infectious ten days after symptom onset.

"The rules" are a contradictory, scientifically illiterate mess that deserve contempt and are not followed by a significant proportion of the people who were responsible for writing them.

What evidence is there that I can catch it again and pass it on? Two case studies in a pandemic that's spread to millions?

If continual re-infection was possible then nobody would ever recover. Even the Government deems you non-infectious ten days after symptom onset.

"The rules" are a contradictory, scientifically illiterate mess that deserve contempt and are not followed by a significant proportion of the people who were responsible for writing them.
People have had it more than once, that's a fact. Don't follow the rules then and put other people at risk, personally I couldn't give a fcuk, but aye, they've put in these measures for no reason at all, except to fcuk people around. Yes of course.

GDog

Old-Salt
People have had it more than once, that's a fact. Don't follow the rules then and put other people at risk, personally I couldn't give a fcuk, but aye, they've put in these measures for no reason at all, except to fcuk people around. Yes of course.

The measures are now about protecting the reputations of people who are responsible for countless deaths and needless economic destruction bought about by piss poor policy decisions - that they refuse to accept culpability for.

The measures are now about protecting the reputations of people who are responsible for countless deaths and needless economic destruction bought about by piss poor policy decisions - that they refuse to accept culpability for.
No they aren't, they are to try and prevent high spread, whilst keeping as much open as possible and preventing the NHS from getting swamped. Next will be another bigger lockdown, as hospital admission is increasing, thus most likely resulting in further deaths.

GDog

Old-Salt
No they aren't, they are to try and prevent high spread, whilst keeping as much open as possible and preventing the NHS from getting swamped. Next will be another bigger lockdown, as hospital admission is increasing, thus most likely resulting in further deaths.

A threat of 14 days quarantine on pain of a £10,000 fine will cause people to disengage from the testing and tracing system, which will increase the spread of the disease.

If people stop taking tests then the Government absolves itself of responsibility for failing to meet the current demand for tests and also gets to blame the electorate for the rise in "hidden" cases to boot.

See how it works yet?

A threat of 14 days quarantine on pain of a £10,000 fine will cause people to disengage from the testing and tracing system, which will increase the spread of the disease.

If people stop taking tests then the Government absolves itself of responsibility for failing to meet the current demand for tests and also gets to blame the electorate for the rise in "hidden" cases to boot.

See how it works yet?
If people don't want the quarantine then they shouldn't travel, simple as that. The stark facts are that this is a pandemic that can have life threatening results for people, especially the elderly and the vulnerable. If the government did nothing, they'd be slaughtered. Rules are rules, which bit do you fail to understand?

GDog

Old-Salt
If people don't want the quarantine then they shouldn't travel, simple as that. The stark facts are that this is a pandemic that can have life threatening results for people, especially the elderly and the vulnerable. If the government did nothing, they'd be slaughtered. Rules are rules, which bit do you fail to understand?

Nothing to do with international travel, this is 14 days quarantine from a track and trace notification.

Given how this shonky system spammed each of my contacts with 10+ text messages and follow-up calls I would imagine my account on it is still 'live'

Anyone on a low income that fancies two weeks off and £500 DM me a name and mobile number.

The Government's actions are now more damaging than "do nothing" and they deserve to be slaughtered for that. The "rules" are fuckwittery writ large.

Nothing to do with international travel, this is 14 days quarantine from a track and trace notification.

Given how this shonky system spammed each of my contacts with 10+ text messages and follow-up calls I would imagine my account on it is still 'live'

Anyone on a low income that fancies two weeks off and £500 DM me a name and mobile number.

The Government's actions are now more damaging than "do nothing" and they deserve to be slaughtered for that. The "rules" are fuckwittery writ large.
The rules are measures to prevent the spread and keep hospital admission down, it's only fcukwittery to those that cannot do the rules, you know, people that want to do and go whatever and wherever they want, but not abide by the rules because they think they know better and that it is not applicable to their own ego and self appointed importance.

GDog

Old-Salt
The rules are measures to prevent the spread and keep hospital admission down, it's only fcukwittery to those that cannot do the rules, you know, people that want to do and go whatever and wherever they want, but not abide by the rules because they think they know better and that it is not applicable to their own ego and self appointed importance.

You mean people like Dominic Cummings and the Chief Medical Officer of Scotland?

You mean people like Dominic Cummings and the Chief Medical Officer of Scotland?
Aye, should have been sacked, didn't happen though. That's no excuse for people to flout the rules though. It's just used as an excuse for those that think they can do what they want.

Aye, should have been sacked, didn't happen though. That's no excuse for people to flout the rules though. It's just used as an excuse for those that think they can do what they want.

Didn't the Attorney General defend Cummings' actions, though? If so, and if Cummings can just carry on with no comeback, why should the rest of us take Hancock's rules seriously?

Yes, Cummings should have been sacked and prosecuted, but the fact is he wasn't.

Didn't the Attorney General defend Cummings' actions, though? If so, and if Cummings can just carry on with no comeback, why should the rest of us take Hancock's rules seriously?

Yes, Cummings should have been sacked and prosecuted, but the fact is he wasn't.
Some people may not want to potentially kill or harm others by spreading virus, that's why.

Some people may not want to potentially kill or harm others by spreading virus, that's why.

Sort of like The Powers That Be did by effectively shutting down our healthcare system and offloading people who tested positive into care homes?

I don't think most people go about their lives - having a life worth living - with the intention of killing others.

If someone disobeys rules, it really does not give someone else an excuse to also flout those same rules. Cummings may or may not have breached the rules current at the time. I do not care. He is not me and it does not give me an excuse to flout said rules. If you think it does, you are playing follow the leader when the leader's integrity is suspect.

Since being made redundant from a government job ( austerity measures), I have worked as a freelance contractor. If someone in my bubble at work gets Covid19, I will have to isolate and not get paid. I will do it for this one reason:

I would feel like an absolute throbber if I found out someone had been ill or died because I lost a few weeks pay.

The government advisors are saying there will now be a 2nd wave. With now known new palliative treatments, the death rate will be reduced as long as the hospitals are not swamped. This is why we use the rules.

GDog

Old-Salt
I would feel like an absolute throbber if I found out someone had been ill or died because I lost a few weeks pay.

The government advisors are saying there will now be a 2nd wave. With now known new palliative treatments, the death rate will be reduced as long as the hospitals are not swamped. This is why we use the rules.

And how would you feel about abandoning your family during a crisis to obey blanket rules designed to stop the spread of a virus that you personally recovered from one month earlier?

Latest Threads