MERS Coronavirus warning

Read that this morning and it made my blood boil. People going immediately into hospital after having landed in UK. Selfish cnuts know that they are (probably) seriously ill, so decide to jump on the plane, infect all those around them, and then take advantage of UK healthcare. Utter cnuts. The airlines are utter cnuts for allowing them to travel. And the government are utter cnuts for allowing this to happen.

We should immediately draw up a list of high risk countries (US included) and ban all travel from there at once. Passport holder or not, **** off unless you have a very, very recent test result.
When-and not if with all the dopey chavs congregating on the beaches and at illegal raves we have a second wave here, those measures may well have to be taken.

You know the counties F***** when you hear this

'I don't know anyone who's had Covid so it doesn't really matter': Bournemouth beachgoer speaks for thousands who are ignoring rules and flocking to sand - despite Boris Johnson's pleas for 'invincible' young people to stay away

View attachment 485378
Thick as pigshit. He shouldn't be allowed out without strict supervision.

It's because of cnuts like him that we could well still be in lockdown well into 2021.

Egypt are reducing COVID-19 restrictions, apparently in an attempt to salvage their tourism based economy.
Egypt eases restrictions despite surge in virus infections
On Friday the IMF approved another $5.2 billion loan for Egypt, on top of the $2.8 billion already borrowed. And that's on too of the $12 billion they borrowed in 2016.

Mosques and cafes have reopened, but only for limited capacity.

On Thursday (I assume next Thursday), charter flights to bring tourists in from around the world to Egyptian resorts will resume.

EgyptAir will resume flights to Europe, Africa, the Middle East, North America, and China.

In case anyone was looking forward to a vacation in sunny Egypt, personally I wouldn't recommend it. Regardless of what you may think of vacationing in Egypt in general, there is a significant risk of air travel being disrupted again or even just your airline or hotel going bankrupt, leaving you with no vacation and out of pocket on whatever you paid for it.
Egypt is one of the two worst-hit African countries. The other is South Africa. The death rate is slowly climbing.

Steer clear.

The following video is from the same public affairs program that I have posted previous episodes of before. The focus is on what do we know now about COVID-19, and what do we do next. It talks about it from an Ontario perspective, but the principles they discuss are applicable in most places.

The presenter asks clear and well informed questions about practical subjects, and the interviewee answers them clearly and directly with no waffling. The interviewee is a doctor and scientist who has direct hands on involvement from both a medical and scientific perspective.

There are two discussions which I think will be of particular interest to most people. One is he explains why it makes no sense to have simple numerical metrics for deciding when to move between different stages of "re-opening", or indeed for reversing course when necessary. The subject is more complex than simple numerical targets, and requires an understanding of what is happening in any particular outbreak.

The second point of particular interest is about masks, and how they apply to both indoor and outdoor environments. What he has to say about this I think is directly relevant to discussion in some of the other recent posts in this thread.

He also covers other aspects as well, including vaccines and treatments.

I recommend watching this, it will be 18 minutes of time well spent.

What I find odd about the whole thing is we now have infectious diseases which are equally as damaging/dangerous such as TB back in the country despite eradication years ago yet not the same level of panic over those which just seem to be swept under the carpet. Leicester even has a TB clinc.Leicester TB services
Seems Leicester may have all sorts of 'lergies. MACA on the way for Midlands-based units?

'The British government is considering imposing a lockdown in the city of Leicester after a surge of coronavirus cases there, the Sunday Times newspaper reports.

'Health Secretary Matt Hancock is examining a legislation required for the shutdown after it was disclosed that Leicester, a city of around 350,000 people in the East Midlands, has had more than 650 COVID-19 cases in the fortnight to June 16, the newspaper reported, citing senior government sources. Hancock is considering "all options", including imposing a localised lockdown, according to the report.'

What I find odd about the whole thing is we now have infectious diseases which are equally as damaging/dangerous such as TB back in the country despite eradication years ago yet not the same level of panic over those which just seem to be swept under the carpet. Leicester even has a TB clinc.Leicester TB services
endemic in Portsmouth for over a decade.
its long been one of the urban sights and sounds, coughing and spitting culturally enriching non employed blokes in shell suits.

Pakistan is a basket case - a failed state. Its COVID figures should be taken with a mahoosive pinch of salt. They've basically said they cannot stop COVID, and don't really have the will to either. So those who can leave (dual passport holders and those with overseas work permits) will leave. Problem is, they're spreading the misery everywhere they go. But Pakistan does not give a ****. They're happy for someone who is sick to leave as its one less thing for them to worry about.
They're happy to ship o
Egypt is one of the two worst-hit African countries. The other is South Africa. The death rate is slowly climbing.

Steer clear.
I think the thick twat on the telly could do with an all expenses paid trip to Sharm El Sheikh.

Thick as pigshit. He shouldn't be allowed out without strict supervision.

It's because of cnuts like him that we could well still be in lockdown well into 2021.
But would you tell him to his face?! :grin:

We truly are a country with a significant number of selfish, irresponsible twats who think nothing of congregating in large numbers, taking copious amounts of drugs and then leaving their shit behind for others to clean up. This is an oldie, but goldie and sums up my feelings about the lot of them.
DED70056-F81B-462C-B04B-A9886A203359.jpeg

The amount of flights in from the usual shitholes, or even just seemingly open travel between borders is the thing that's baffled me.

What am I missing where it seems so blindingly obvious to shut everything while you have the locals in lockdown otherwise you can't even begin to measure how it's working?
Looks like they are all heading for Leicester....

Seems Leicester may have all sorts of 'lergies. MACA on the way for Midlands-based units?

'The British government is considering imposing a lockdown in the city of Leicester after a surge of coronavirus cases there, the Sunday Times newspaper reports.

'Health Secretary Matt Hancock is examining a legislation required for the shutdown after it was disclosed that Leicester, a city of around 350,000 people in the East Midlands, has had more than 650 COVID-19 cases in the fortnight to June 16, the newspaper reported, citing senior government sources. Hancock is considering "all options", including imposing a localised lockdown, according to the report.'

The rubber is meeting the road here. That there will be disparities across nations as the pandemic progresses has been obvious from the begining. Look at Daegu in South Korea. The only serious consideration of it that I can recall seeing is an article by Tim Hardford in the FT a while back.

Schmoe

War Hero
It’s a bit concerning that they are talking/considering’ locking down Leicester City.
My concern being that talking about it, will have the same affect as happened in Italy when it was leaked about the north lockdown. Are we about to see a lot of people leaving Leicester city before this possible lockdown, thereby spreading the problem further?

Looks like they are all heading for Leicester....

Or not.

'Shadow Health Secretary Jon Ashworth has played down the prospects of there being a Leicester localised lockdown to combat a spike of coronavirus cases in the city.

'The Labour Leicester South MP said he was briefed by Health Secretary Matt Hancock on Saturday after there had been reports the city might be the first in the UK to have a localised lockdown imposed within days.

'Home secretary Priti Patel appeared to confirm such a move was a possibility when she was asked this morning, on the Andrew Marr Show, about suggestions of a localised lockdown, saying “That is correct", before then outlining measures that did not amount to a lockdown.

'Mr Ashworth subsequently said, in a Radio 4 interview: “I listened carefully to the Home Secretary on Marr and I wonder if she got slightly in a muddle or inadvertently misled viewers, because I was very pleased to receive a briefing yesterday from the Health Secretary as a local member of parliament.

“Yes we have a spike in infections here in Leicester, yes we have to respond to that with extra testing capacity and extra support for the local authority, but nobody is proposing a local lockdown in the way that appears to have been presented in the media. Matt Hancock and I were at one with that."

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

An interesting piece of theatre