MERS Coronavirus warning

Texas is currently seeing daily infection counts similar to those the UK had at the UK's high point in April. And Texas has just over 40% of the UK's population. Florida is just below that.

If ICUs in hospitals overflow in either of those states, the Americans could be looking at another New York situation.
Reports from Houston are that the hospitals are at 100% capacity now, although the hospitals themselves claim to be still in good shape, so the situation is not entirely clear. The Children’s Hospital was already accepting adult patients on Wednesday, so I tend to believe they are in trouble.

I’m really glad that I’m not still there.

Texas is currently seeing daily infection counts similar to those the UK had at the UK's high point in April. And Texas has just over 40% of the UK's population. Florida is just below that.

If ICUs in hospitals overflow in either of those states, the Americans could be looking at another New York situation.
Its going away , it will disappear In April, said the Orange man.

Saying that he has just backed out from a trip to New Jersey as he is shite scared now, never appeared at the conference today, deaths going up and he is in his bunker trying to push the deaths to the statues being pulled down as a “Squirrel” look over there.

Anyone else think the US might be on the way down , with the freedom of speech , red necks, lots of guns and people thinking I will not do things like wear a mask as the First amendment says I can do WTF I want.

Niamac

GCM
1593210252503.png

Not as easy as I thought.

Well done Trump!

”Los Angeles County's health care system could be overwhelmed “without immediate actions to slow the spread" of Covid-19, a public health expert has warned.

The county has a total of 93,232 cases and 3,267 deaths so far.

“While we did anticipate increases in cases as sectors reopened, we did not expect the increases to be this steep this quickly,” county Department of Public Health Director Dr. Barbara Ferrer said in a press release on Friday. “Without immediate actions to slow the spread, we risk having too many people requiring hospital care and possibly overwhelming our healthcare system."

The amount of flights in from the usual shitholes, or even just seemingly open travel between borders is the thing that's baffled me.

What am I missing where it seems so blindingly obvious to shut everything while you have the locals in lockdown otherwise you can't even begin to measure how it's working?

You've probably all seen the batshit mental American anti-maskers by now (its satanism apparently)

Anyhoo, calling Americans 'stupid' on Facebook now warrants a 24 hour ban for 'hate speech' - as I have just learnt :rolleyes:

The amount of flights in from the usual shitholes, or even just seemingly open travel between borders is the thing that's baffled me.

What am I missing where it seems so blindingly obvious to shut everything while you have the locals in lockdown otherwise you can't even begin to measure how it's working?
Read that this morning and it made my blood boil. People going immediately into hospital after having landed in UK. Selfish cnuts know that they are (probably) seriously ill, so decide to jump on the plane, infect all those around them, and then take advantage of UK healthcare. Utter cnuts. The airlines are utter cnuts for allowing them to travel. And the government are utter cnuts for allowing this to happen.

We should immediately draw up a list of high risk countries (US included) and ban all travel from there at once. Passport holder or not, **** off unless you have a very, very recent test result.

anglo

LE
You know the counties F***** when you hear this

'I don't know anyone who's had Covid so it doesn't really matter': Bournemouth beachgoer speaks for thousands who are ignoring rules and flocking to sand - despite Boris Johnson's pleas for 'invincible' young people to stay away

636x382_MP4_4780408671255481550.jpg

The subject of airline flights caught my interest, so I thought I would check to see what the status of flights was around the world, and can across this rather handy map. For some reason, Pakistan gets its own special colour code, but they are essentially "no restrictions".

kayak1.png

They list the totals as:
  • 117 countries are completely closed
  • 64 countries are partially closed
  • 11 countries are opening soon
  • 25 countries have no travel restrictions

They have detailed descriptions for each country. Here's the UK.

"The United Kingdom does not have entry restrictions, but a 14-day quarantine is in place for arriving travellers."

Most country descriptions seem to get one or two sentences. Pakistan for some reason merit three paragraphs with a reminder of how many cases there are. None the less, Pakistan are accepting flights from everywhere.

"Pakistan is now accepting flights at all international airports except Gwadar and Turbat.

Pakistan has opened its airports to international flights, with the exceptions of Gwadar (GWD) and Turbat (TUK). Travellers will be subject to thermal screening on arrival, and will be quarantined either in a free facility arranged by the Government of Pakistan, or in a facility which the passenger will pay for. Airlines are responsible for recording which facility passengers prefer. Travellers will be tested for COVID-19 and either remain in government quarantine or told to self-isolate depending on test results.

There are currently 107,868 active cases of COVID-19 diagnosed in Pakistan and 3,695 deaths as of 25 Jun 2020"

Here's my own country, Canada. Air travel is closed except to citizens and permanent residents. However, even if you are a citizen or permanent resident, you are not allowed to travel by air to Canada if you are showing symptoms. There are a number of Canadian citizens who ended up stranded abroad due to this.

"Canada has restricted the entry of all foreign nationals. However, Canadian citizens and permanent residents who have COVID-19 symptoms may only enter by land, rail, or sea, and not by air."

It's ******* mental!

Also, the news that travel agents have had their best day EVER!

People are ******* stupid.

Please go and get it and die and leave a nice country for the rest of us to live in. Hopefully the average IQ would raise too.

The subject of airline flights caught my interest, so I thought I would check to see what the status of flights was around the world, and can across this rather handy map. For some reason, Pakistan gets its own special colour code, but they are essentially "no restrictions".

View attachment 485377

They list the totals as:
  • 117 countries are completely closed
  • 64 countries are partially closed
  • 11 countries are opening soon
  • 25 countries have no travel restrictions

They have detailed descriptions for each country. Here's the UK.

"The United Kingdom does not have entry restrictions, but a 14-day quarantine is in place for arriving travellers."

Most country descriptions seem to get one or two sentences. Pakistan for some reason merit three paragraphs with a reminder of how many cases there are. None the less, Pakistan are accepting flights from everywhere.

"Pakistan is now accepting flights at all international airports except Gwadar and Turbat.

Pakistan has opened its airports to international flights, with the exceptions of Gwadar (GWD) and Turbat (TUK). Travellers will be subject to thermal screening on arrival, and will be quarantined either in a free facility arranged by the Government of Pakistan, or in a facility which the passenger will pay for. Airlines are responsible for recording which facility passengers prefer. Travellers will be tested for COVID-19 and either remain in government quarantine or told to self-isolate depending on test results.

There are currently 107,868 active cases of COVID-19 diagnosed in Pakistan and 3,695 deaths as of 25 Jun 2020"

Here's my own country, Canada. Air travel is closed except to citizens and permanent residents. However, even if you are a citizen or permanent resident, you are not allowed to travel by air to Canada if you are showing symptoms. There are a number of Canadian citizens who ended up stranded abroad due to this.

"Canada has restricted the entry of all foreign nationals. However, Canadian citizens and permanent residents who have COVID-19 symptoms may only enter by land, rail, or sea, and not by air."
Pakistan is a basket case - a failed state. Its COVID figures should be taken with a mahoosive pinch of salt. They've basically said they cannot stop COVID, and don't really have the will to either. So those who can leave (dual passport holders and those with overseas work permits) will leave. Problem is, they're spreading the misery everywhere they go. But Pakistan does not give a ****. They're happy for someone who is sick to leave as its one less thing for them to worry about.

It's ******* mental!

Also, the news that travel agents have had their best day EVER!

People are ******* stupid.

Please go and get it and die and leave a nice country for the rest of us to live in. Hopefully the average IQ would raise too.
The sooner they end the furlough and get people back to work (or onto the dole) the better. Too many retards living on government dime with time on their hands to plan this shite.

You lot don't know what you are talking about, the heid mammy has spoken and we up here in Northern Britain are "not that far" from eliminating covid19.

:-x

Pakistan is a basket case - a failed state. Its COVID figures should be taken with a mahoosive pinch of salt. They've basically said they cannot stop COVID, and don't really have the will to either. So those who can leave (dual passport holders and those with overseas work permits) will leave. Problem is, they're spreading the misery everywhere they go. But Pakistan does not give a ****. They're happy for someone who is sick to leave as its one less thing for them to worry about.
It's not up to the country from which people are departing to decide on who gets to leave. It's up to the country where they are heading to decide whether they can come.

When you arrive in the UK you are supposed to go into quarantine. I don't know what quarantine arrangements the UK has in place, or how effective they are.

It's not up to the country from which people are departing to decide on who gets to leave. It's up to the country where they are heading to decide whether they can come.

When you arrive in the UK you are supposed to go into quarantine. I don't know what quarantine arrangements the UK has in place, or how effective they are.
Horse shit. People that are obviously ill are getting onto flights - you don't get onto a flight in Pakistan and require hospital treatment seven hours later if there aren't some serious and obvious health problems prior to boarding. Thats for the airlines to police.

Egypt are reducing COVID-19 restrictions, apparently in an attempt to salvage their tourism based economy.
Egypt eases restrictions despite surge in virus infections
On Friday the IMF approved another $5.2 billion loan for Egypt, on top of the $2.8 billion already borrowed. And that's on too of the $12 billion they borrowed in 2016.
On Friday, the International Monetary Fund approved another $5.2-billion US loan for Egypt, to be added to the $2.8 billion the fund had already promised to stave off the pandemic's worst economic effects.

Before the pandemic, Egypt had just emerged from a three-year economic reform program that came with securing a $12-billion US IMF loan in late 2016.
Mosques and cafes have reopened, but only for limited capacity.

On Thursday (I assume next Thursday), charter flights to bring tourists in from around the world to Egyptian resorts will resume.
The government is also planning the reopening of select tourist destinations to international charter flights starting Thursday, allowing travelers from around the world to return to parts of the country less hard-hit by the coronavirus.

Those include the southern part of the Sinai Peninsula, home to the major resort and beach destination of Sharm el Sheikh, the Red Sea resort areas of Hurghada and Marsa Alam, as well as Marsa Matrouh, on the Mediterranean coast.
EgyptAir will resume flights to Europe, Africa, the Middle East, North America, and China.
The national carrier, EgyptAir, said it would resume its non-stop flights to more than 29 international destinations starting July 1.

The destinations include 17 in Europe, four in Africa, four in the Middle East, and three in North America in addition to Guangzhou in China, EgyptAir said.
In case anyone was looking forward to a vacation in sunny Egypt, personally I wouldn't recommend it. Regardless of what you may think of vacationing in Egypt in general, there is a significant risk of air travel being disrupted again or even just your airline or hotel going bankrupt, leaving you with no vacation and out of pocket on whatever you paid for it.