MERS Coronavirus warning

One thing that has been brought to light by the virus is the shïte state of some of the care homes in Canada. Unlike the UK where squaddies are carrying out virus testing, in Ontario and Quebec troops have been deployed to work directly in the care homes to provide support for the elderly. When the provincial government leaders requested the help it didn’t seem to dawn on them that the military would publish reports of the conditions that they encountered. It has now bitten them squarely in the arsę by revealing how badly Canadians take care of geriatrics who can’t care for themselves anymore. So far 28 members of the CF have got the virus by trying to give those who live in the homes a fighting chance and have had an uphill battle since the start as the facilities are in such a shïte state. Pathetic doesn’t even begin to describe the situation....

One thing that has been brought to light by the virus is the shïte state of some of the care homes in Canada. Unlike the UK where squaddies are carrying out virus testing, in Ontario and Quebec troops have been deployed to work directly in the care homes to provide support for the elderly. When the provincial government leaders requested the help it didn’t seem to dawn on them that the military would publish reports of the conditions that they encountered. It has now bitten them squarely in the arsę by revealing how badly Canadians take care of geriatrics who can’t care for themselves anymore. So far 28 members of the CF have got the virus by trying to give those who live in the homes a fighting chance and have had an uphill battle since the start as the facilities are in such a shïte state. Pathetic doesn’t even begin to describe the situation....
Can't go blaming health care heroes for their normal intentional under-staffing, lack of infection control, and "economical" supply chain management now, can we?. What would the public think?

So the MHRA, the body that approves and authorises all medical interventions, does its job properly and is suggesting that an intervention is delayed until it has established it's efficacy.

And this somehow smells rattish.

Really?
Meanwhile, in Russia, three doctors who independently suggested that not everything was going well in regards to CV19, and the government may have been fibbing, all suddenly decide to spontaneously jump out of windows.

Meanwhile, in Russia, three doctors who independently suggested that not everything was going well in regards to CV19, and the government may have been fibbing, all suddenly decide to spontaneously jump out of windows.
Overcome with remorse at their lies no doubt.

The State of Emergency in Switzerland is officially over.
Yesterday there were only 20 new cases registered in the whole country.
Some restrictions are still in place, but control now passes back to the Cantons.
@Oyibo , what’s the form ‘outre Leman’?

Oyibo

LE
As fa
The State of Emergency in Switzerland is officially over.
Yesterday there were only 20 new cases registered in the whole country.
Some restrictions are still in place, but control now passes back to the Cantons.
@Oyibo , what’s the form ‘outre Leman’?
As far as I can see from the news and the French Government website, very little has changed with international travel - I went to a braai last week with some neighbours an friends, one of whom is a frontalier; he said that crossing the border was for work only (with a signed and stamped 'Attestation').

That said, Haute Savoie is in a 'Green Zone' (check me out with my Baghdad terminology) so day to day life is easier. Very glad I did not buy a house in France to the north of Switzerland where things are stricter.

In 'the green zone' cafes and restaurants are due to open on the 11th. But as ever, things may change.

I might do some calling around tomorrow to see how feasible it is to get into and out of Switzerland.

As fa

As far as I can see from the news and the French Government website, very little has changed with international travel - I went to a braai last week with some neighbours an friends, one of whom is a frontalier; he said that crossing the border was for work only (with a signed and stamped 'Attestation').

That said, Haute Savoie is in a 'Green Zone' (check me out with my Baghdad terminology) so day to day life is easier. Very glad I did not buy a house in France to the north of Switzerland where things are stricter.

In 'the green zone' cafes and restaurants are due to open on the 11th. But as ever, things may change.

I might do some calling around tomorrow to see how feasible it is to get into and out of Switzerland.
Doubs/Franche-Comte is Red Zone, as it is all the way up to Calais.
Canton de Geneve is now responsible for its own decisions on restrictions, so they may well be easier than up here.

Oyibo

LE
Doubs/Franche-Comte is Red Zone, as it is all the way up to Calais.
Canton de Geneve is now responsible for its own decisions on restrictions, so they may well be easier than up here.
I'll have to keep an eye on the cantonal website.

I take it you still cannot pop across the border for cheaper shopping in your neck of the woods?

France, Italy, and Belgium have issued orders to end the use of hydroxychloroquine for treating COVID-19 patients. They say it offers no benefit to patients, and carries risks to them.
France, Italy, Belgium act to stop use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 over safety fears

France, Italy and Belgium acted to halt the use of hydroxychloroquine to treat patients suffering from COVID-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus, amid questions about the safety of the generic anti-malaria drug. (...)

"New clinical evidence on the use of hydroxychloroquine in subjects with SARS-CoV-2 infection ... indicates an increased risk for adverse reactions with little or no benefit," AIFA said.

Absolutely no idea what the figures mean from Spain. Apparently they have been "consolidating" data and checking death certificates and court records etc.
According to the official health minister statement, there were 35 deaths yesterday but the figures on worldometer show only 1 increase.
It's been a bugger's muddle from last Friday. They checked the death records in some of the autonomous regions and came up with 688 deaths on Saturday but the official statement was 42. The others were "historic" deaths. Then, on Monday, they reduced the number of deaths by almost 2,000 stating the death records over the last couple of months had shown no testing for the virus and had been recorded as CV deaths but were put down to other reasons.

Yesterday the official figure was 17 but worldometer showed 243, again historic ones.

Apparently this will be the case until the end of the week when death records are checked so we have no idea if they are going up or down. Probably the "new" deaths of 35 today was correct and the 1 shown on worldometer is just the difference between what they showed yesterday and today's total figures which include ones which aren't new.

I suppose this is getting over the complaint, likewise from UK, that anyone dying of any problem is put down as a CV death when it was due to something else and they are now correcting the figures.

Absolutely no idea what the figures mean from Spain. Apparently they have been "consolidating" data and checking death certificates and court records etc.
According to the official health minister statement, there were 35 deaths yesterday but the figures on worldometer show only 1 increase.
It's been a bugger's muddle from last Friday. They checked the death records in some of the autonomous regions and came up with 688 deaths on Saturday but the official statement was 42. The others were "historic" deaths. Then, on Monday, they reduced the number of deaths by almost 2,000 stating the death records over the last couple of months had shown no testing for the virus and had been recorded as CV deaths but were put down to other reasons.

Yesterday the official figure was 17 but worldometer showed 243, again historic ones.

Apparently this will be the case until the end of the week when death records are checked so we have no idea if they are going up or down. Probably the "new" deaths of 35 today was correct and the 1 shown on worldometer is just the difference between what they showed yesterday and today's total figures which include ones which aren't new.

I suppose this is getting over the complaint, likewise from UK, that anyone dying of any problem is put down as a CV death when it was due to something else and they are now correcting the figures.
We know the actual Covid numbers are going down.

We also know that it is highly unlikely all of the lead epidemiologists that ensured that deaths from all other causes would go well up due to emptying out the hospitals and cancelling operations and therapies will not likely be commissioning any studies to point the finger at themselves, and that no records will say that cause of death was delay of services.

In Mafia State Russia that is not unusual

Well, had to pop over to the hospital today.

Lockdown? What lockdown?
Roads are packed, town rammed with pedestrians, no one social distancing, almost zero use of masks.,

Honest question, do the police actually do anything in such situations? On this side of the pond they do absolutely nothing relating to the lockdown.
They have done nothing in Birmingham UK since the start of this.
I'm usually supportive of the West Midlands Police but it seems like they have all gone off on holiday with their colleagues from Hampshire.

Honest question, do the police actually do anything in such situations? On this side of the pond they do absolutely nothing relating to the lockdown.
So far as I know, in Ontario it's not the police who enforce the epidemic regulations, it's the bylaw people who do that. The bylaw people have been issuing tickets where I am.

I think the police only get involved if their help is requested by the bylaw enforcement people, as it doesn't normally fall under police authority.