MERS Coronavirus warning

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Yet you are in denial about the power of this virus and associated findings such as cause of death etc, and you are calling others for tinfoil hattery, yet from your postings you appear to don the biggest hat. As I said, small minded.
LOL now I know you have lost the debate and indeed the plot. whats the matter did the truth get to you. I do notice a distinct lack of content in your postings other than 'we are all going to die repent sinner repent'. still keep the hysteria going but please watch your blood pressure- hypertension is very bad when you catch C19 apparently. - but then there is a greater than 50% chance you and your family have already had it and are sitting in fear of strangers calling at the door for no reason what so ever.

still its nice to know you fully accepted Blairs weapons of mass destruction as being factual and balanced and that Bin Laden was behind the twin towers despite the FBI never issuing the warrant, the moon is made of cheese and the EU is the greatest democratic force in the world. I'm glad you fully accept mandatory vaccinations, health passports and checking you app to see if you have been close to anyone else today. I'm happy to see you embrace the extra taxes needed to pay it all back with interest and to continue the bad spending in the NHS and govt and that you will never go abroad again because it is a hotbed of infection instead you will choose to work from home until you are dead, home educating your children on the mysteries of the outside.

Have you told them xmas is cancelled and they will have to stay at home october to april yet?

and nope I have never been in denial about SARS-2 or its means of killing. I accepted my possible death decades ago and fully expected to lose a parent or two this time round, alas as usual lady luck was not smiling down on me.

go back right to the beginning of my return to the site and I state that it is very nasty for the very few who have full symptoms - the ones statically killed by over eager doctors, rushed medical procedures and the over use of respirators.

0.04% of the population at risk of such symptoms is not worth trashing the economy and everyones lives over. The same number would be effected/infected lockdown or no lockdown - if you have no immunity then your only defence is herd immunity or limited shedding from the immunised herd to allow your immune system to get up to speed at a slower pace. its not rocket science just nature at work.

the actual death though is either pneumonic in cause or pneumonic in nature. more recently they are saying some deaths are thrombotic which is also a pneumonic indicator but is mainly due to a healthy patient fighting something it really shouldn't. this is the body fighting itself too hard, in the same way athritis is a confused set of antibodies attacking its own joints in a biological friendly fire incident.

I've had pneumonia combined with a crushed chest and figured my time was up so I know what to expect - pneumonia is horrible for anyone but then probably the worst case I've ever had to deal with was a patient at Woolwich hospital who had tried to kill himself by drinking oven cleaner. no throat, no vocal cords just the saddest eyes you could ever contemplate. a desperate need to die, I was 21 then on my first placement and assumed it could all be made better - now I would probably find a way to ease his passing and hope he wasn't bullied in the next life.

so pack it in with the I'm holier than thou cr@p.

LOL now I know you have lost the debate and indeed the plot. whats the matter did the truth get to you. I do notice a distinct lack of content in your postings other than 'we are all going to die repent sinner repent'. still keep the hysteria going but please watch your blood pressure- hypertension is very bad when you catch C19 apparently. - but then there is a greater than 50% chance you and your family have already had it and are sitting in fear of strangers calling at the door for no reason what so ever.

still its nice to know you fully accepted Blairs weapons of mass destruction as being factual and balanced and that Bin Laden was behind the twin towers despite the FBI never issuing the warrant, the moon is made of cheese and the EU is the greatest democratic force in the world. I'm glad you fully accept mandatory vaccinations, health passports and checking you app to see if you have been close to anyone else today. I'm happy to see you embrace the extra taxes needed to pay it all back with interest and to continue the bad spending in the NHS and govt and that you will never go abroad again because it is a hotbed of infection instead you will choose to work from home until you are dead, home educating your children on the mysteries of the outside.

Have you told them xmas is cancelled and they will have to stay at home october to april yet?

and nope I have never been in denial about SARS-2 or its means of killing. I accepted my possible death decades ago and fully expected to lose a parent or two this time round, alas as usual lady luck was not smiling down on me.

go back right to the beginning of my return to the site and I state that it is very nasty for the very few who have full symptoms - the ones statically killed by over eager doctors, rushed medical procedures and the over use of respirators.

0.04% of the population at risk of such symptoms is not worth trashing the economy and everyones lives over. The same number would be effected/infected lockdown or no lockdown - if you have no immunity then your only defence is herd immunity or limited shedding from the immunised herd to allow your immune system to get up to speed at a slower pace. its not rocket science just nature at work.

the actual death though is either pneumonic in cause or pneumonic in nature. more recently they are saying some deaths are thrombotic which is also a pneumonic indicator but is mainly due to a healthy patient fighting something it really shouldn't. this is the body fighting itself too hard, in the same way athritis is a confused set of antibodies attacking its own joints in a biological friendly fire incident.

I've had pneumonia combined with a crushed chest and figured my time was up so I know what to expect - pneumonia is horrible for anyone but then probably the worst case I've ever had to deal with was a patient at Woolwich hospital who had tried to kill himself by drinking oven cleaner. no throat, no vocal cords just the saddest eyes you could ever contemplate. a desperate need to die, I was 21 then on my first placement and assumed it could all be made better - now I would probably find a way to ease his passing and hope he wasn't bullied in the next life.

I haven't even bothered reading all of that. Put up the posts where I am saying we are all going to die etc, then I may bother to read some more.

My brother died with swine flu in 2009,was 40 with a wife and two kids. I was actually in hospital with it, it wasn't pleasant. Is that holy enough.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
But all the news says 18 months or less.

Immunology is not Epidemiology, but they are practically married. Why the continued misdirection?
from the very beginning when politicians were claiming vaccine by sept the virologists and immunologists were screaming slow down 18 months minimum for any form of vaccine, even the labs who were studying the thousands of covids were saying that like the flu the vaccine would only be for past strains not current ones.

the problem is the models show a return with the flu season in october they know that lock down has slashed herd immunity and that this could mean wave number two is going to be potentially worse. originally we were supposed to allow controlled infections to allow the health service to cope but they screwed it up with a total lock down and mass hysteria.

In trying to claim they were in control to satisfy critics and the media they have potentially flattened the curve right into a brick wall.

the right flu strain sharing a host with a suitable covid strain - with one borrowing a few base thousand base pairs from the other (like they have a habit of doing) could create a Captain Trips for real - which is worse though - flu remains the bigger killer we live with covids much better.

in 1919 they think (no actual clean samples exist) that swine flu and avian flu (which were killing away quite happily on their own) merged for season three which is why it was killing those with no immunity but possibly an over active immune system in under 12 hours before it burnt itself out and herd immunity took effect.

the only good thing is all of these viruses HAVE already been in the population for a while now so we have been herd immunising for a good 10-20 years. anyone going to Dudley zoo will have been sprayed with bat covids in the perfect environment to get a good lung full.

any child at a petting zoo will have been exposed to swine flu (I probably had my fill on the killing line at the bacon factory or bird flu from the chicken plant in my summers of death 87-88) anywhere with camels you have the potential for a MERS infection as it has been in the species for a minimum of 10 years.

if one doesn't get you another will.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
hmmmm, Your maths seem a bit off.
Death figures based on the govts own statistics as a percentage of the population. based on 32,000 dead and 78m in the country being a median of estimated actual population.

so with the double tagging and errors it is a generous figure.

not infections. the infection rate is 100% - guaranteed.

90% will show no symptoms or very mild symptoms, of that 10% that are symptomatic less than 1% will NEED hospitalisation, a small percentage of those will die. very few from ARDS.

fewer now they are switching away from ventilation..

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
And on a micro level, during a ten day period in April 26 out of 28 patients on my stepdaughters ward succumbed to it and about 16 nursing staff caught it as well (stepdaughter included). I don't recall 'normal flu' doing this.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
most of the staff in scarborough have had it as they do flu every year. my cousin was off with it.

before she was in the ICU now she is in the covid wards because ICU is not being used as much, plenty have died because in the main they all came from care homes or were elderly.

they have the same every flu season.

those who get hospitalised are the more serious cases or those who cannot be looked after due to living in their own homes with twice a day carer visits. many will have died from hospital bacterial infections complicating matters.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, considering only 5% of the population seems to have been exposed to WuFlu, and that offed over 40,000 people, not time to go writing it off yet.
5% showing symptoms who reported it. most do not because they do not believe they had it. so 4m have reported it, that means 40m have probably been infected and not known or not been severe enough to worry. most will have been before march and maybe all the way back to october going by the feedback I've had from the richmond area.

so 40k deaths using your figure but an extra death figure of 10k.

which is a very favourable statistic and better than crossing the road or staying in a hotel in Sharm without catching anything.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Never mind, the end is in sight, well according to this Scientists predict exact date they think the UK will be coronavirus-free
snip "The Singapore University of Technology and Design has created a mathematical model which predicts future infections of Covid-19 using data from current confirmed cases and deaths. The model – based on a ‘predictive-monitoring’ technique – inputs cases and deaths worldwide and visualises the data in a bar chart. A bell-shaped curve over the top displays the projected trajectory of the disease, including peak, acceleration and deceleration. As of predictions on April 30, the UK is predicted to be coronavirus-free by August 27, Singapore is earlier at June 28, and the US is later at September 20."

Hmm. that's all right then, I might just book my next holiday for late September, or perhaps not!!
errm except we cannot be coronavirus free it will drift about in the background until the sun goes in. and they want to mass infect 30m of us in september then bang some flu in there with it. I can see that ending well.

they keep trying to claim it will be magically cured. this is here now, we are stuck with it for good. like the flu and regular covids 5-30% of us will catch it every year from now on, maybe more than once.

I wonder if we will have clap for the NHS during the flu season this year and get regular updates on the 8000 expected deaths and number of infections. after all we have set a trend so why not stick with it.

Xmas will be cancelled to make your apologies now. although that will have more to do with stopping the pro brexit celebrations than a bit of a sniffle.

Last edited:

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
My brother died with swine flu in 2009,was 40 with a wife and two kids. I was actually in hospital with it, it wasn't pleasant. Is that holy enough.
and I'm genuinely sorry for your loss, swine flu hits the healthy the hardest. was it confirmed or just 'assumed' - innocent question no malice in it.

I take it you both had pneumonia then? after you had the run over by a truck stage. again an innocent question. it helps build up the psychological picture and reduces the name calling. you are afraid, that is normal.

a better source might have helped that refers to the HPV vaccine trials where they go to the third world because deaths can be hidden and life is cheap.

incidentally Gardasil is not having a very good time of it.

half a million kids suffered non polio related muscle wastage traced back to the gates polio vaccination program that is why their program was cancelled and they were asked not to bother returning.

I am not sure whether they are linked to the polio outbreak of a vaccine strain of the virus that caused so much embarrassment to the WHO.
You didn’t read the link did you?

Here’s another one.

and I'm genuinely sorry for your loss, swine flu hits the healthy the hardest. was it confirmed or just 'assumed' - innocent question no malice in it.

I take it you both had pneumonia then? after you had the run over by a truck stage. again an innocent question. it helps build up the psychological picture and reduces the name calling. you are afraid, that is normal.
No problem. I am not afraid of dying, just want to be out of this crisis like everyone else. Will be quicker if everyone just gets on with what is asked of us. That and a bit of consideration for the people who are vulnerable and maybe don't fancy leaving this mortal coil just yet. Not me personally, as some seem to think.

what is real is your hysteria - you're a remainer aren't you
I’m really glad we haven’t got a remainer government in power because otherwise the government might give in to hysteria and impose a lockdown.

At least the PM is a brexiteer so he won’t give in to this hysteria and catch it or be hospitalised.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
You didn’t read the link did you?

Here’s another one.

yes I did actually but I didn't trust the source. seeing as it refers to a facebook post and anyone who thinks facebook is not biased in its filtering need their head examined.

Poynter has had problems with its objectivity and reliable sources for a few years now. its donors probably do not help.

but don't let me spoil your Gates worship.

I'm not an anti vaxxer, in fact I think the oral polio vaccine might be of use here due to the way it bumps up the immuno response to any viral infections as per a rather old russian study from the soviet era virologists.

the estimated 'not for profit' cost of each C19 vaccine is reported to be around £477. not a bad money spinner. no wonder at least one company in the US is pumping 465m into getting there first. Gates will make even more money out of it. a foundation is not really a charity it exists to serve itself.

14.5bn for the UK alone for something out of date as soon as it is made. way to go.

can I interest you in some magic beans?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I’m really glad we haven’t got a remainer government in power because otherwise the government might give in to hysteria and impose a lockdown.

At least the PM is a brexiteer so he won’t give in to this hysteria and catch it or be hospitalised.
a remainer govt would have given in to the EU declared the virus was too important for us to leave and annulled the vote no doubt while promising billions to the cause and not getting a single worthless ventilator out of it.

so the PM was a bit poorly, shows he's human and like 10% of the rest of us. I spent three days in bed with it after a week of increasing symptoms and then a week or so recovering so he is a man of the people.

it's shame he bowed to the idiot press though not to their agenda of postponing brexit, he saw through that at least but the lockdown was a response to the induced project fear hysteria.

lockdown was such a tragic move as usual we had it so right then panicked at the last minute. a bit like most remain voters in 2016 I suppose.

we now have a traumatised and impoverished population for no good reason.

still all that brexit stockpiling came in handy after all.

The problem with anti vaxers is that many easily transmitted viral diseases have a requirement for a very high herd immunity to prevent spread. If people don't take them , the herd becomes compromised. Most here will remember the fiasco over the measles triple vaccine. This is the reason such beliefs should be questioned.

I do not care whether someone makes money out of a vaccine or not. I care that it is effective. On the latter, we shall see but I see no reason why not.

One should avoid conflating so called Gates worship, anti Brexit views and so on with a desire to have a vaccine and be safe. Similarly with mental illness. It just does not make sense.

With respect, unless your wife is involved at SAGE level that report summarises the current knowledge better than she does (and anyone else on here for that matter including me). Like I said I haven't read it yet past a brief skim of the first 2 pages.

I genuinely hope schools go back in June with reduced pupil numbers. From my tiny bit of the system home learning works tolerably but isn't in the same county as optimal learning. For a metaphor, it's the difference between teaching someone to shoot a rifle by email compared to being on the range with them.

If the year groups most likely to fall behind are targetted (the very young for reading development, Year 6 for their bloody SATS tests, Year 10 for exam prep and Year 12 in Sixth Form colleges) then there's the option for staggered timetables, split classes and it might work. No one has explained how that's going to be possible while doing 2m social distancing but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Realistically I can't see any secondary pupils going back before September but I hope to be proved wrong.
According to news reports in Canada, some students seem to be able to study effectively at home, and some can't. In the case of the latter, many of the parents have given up even trying.

Some parents have to go to work all day (or all night). Some parents may be working from home but that doesn't make them magically able to supervise their children at the same time. Some parents don't have the academic ability or aptitude to effectively educate their children even if they had the will to do so.

To pose a few questions that I have though, has anyone been looking at using supervised study as part of the mix? I was thinking in terms of setting up desks 2m apart in places such as school gymnasiums, and having them work on set assignments under the supervision of a handful of staff whose main job will be that of keeping order, not teaching them. The supervising staff needn't be qualified teachers, just properly vetted people who can keep order.

This keeps the students' noses to the study grindstone without requiring more classrooms and more teachers to be conjured up out of nowhere. It's not an ideal solution, but it may be what is possible with the available resources.

Pulling in retired teachers to mark papers and do similar non-contact things from home might also help to redistribute some of the work load and allow the man hours of the "front line" teachers be used more effectively. Is this being considered?

I don't know how practical these ideas might be. I'm raising these questions to try to see if there are ideas being considered to do things differently rather than trying to simply do the same as was done before, but just doing it 2m apart now.

Latest Threads