MERS Coronavirus warning

Well, considering only 5% of the population seems to have been exposed to WuFlu, and that offed over 40,000 people, not time to go writing it off yet.

How does Larry feel about free will?
You are drifting off the thread topic now, it appears that Americans struggle more with lockdown than their British counterparts. Or more simply, I agree with the mechanics of lockdown, whereas you do not. Now, when exactly are you placing me onto your ignore list.

You are drifting off the thread topic now, it appears that Americans struggle more with lockdown than their British counterparts. Or more simply, I agree with the mechanics of lockdown, whereas you do not. Now, when exactly are you placing me onto your ignore list.
So, you believe you are forced into your actions to protect yourself?

TEOTWAWKI Preppers didn't even last 2 weeks.

I will just point out using a tiny bit of observation, and exceeding your apparent standard of proof, that it sure looks like all of the places in the US that locked down the hardest and the longest would be the ones with the most deaths.
Cause and correlation. The statement gives no suggestion of a mechanism. Bear in mind that the people locked down together may normally be together so that the minimising of contacts outside the house reduces contacts and therefore host to host transmission.. You need a mechanism for that statement.

Never mind, the end is in sight, well according to this Scientists predict exact date they think the UK will be coronavirus-free
snip "The Singapore University of Technology and Design has created a mathematical model which predicts future infections of Covid-19 using data from current confirmed cases and deaths. The model – based on a ‘predictive-monitoring’ technique – inputs cases and deaths worldwide and visualises the data in a bar chart. A bell-shaped curve over the top displays the projected trajectory of the disease, including peak, acceleration and deceleration. As of predictions on April 30, the UK is predicted to be coronavirus-free by August 27, Singapore is earlier at June 28, and the US is later at September 20."

Hmm. that's all right then, I might just book my next holiday for late September, or perhaps not!!

The R0 thing they keep talking about (here in Spain they call it the Rt).
The total lockdown (no going out for walks or exercise unless you had a dog and then only within 500m of where you live) was eased at the end of April. After 7 weeks kids were finally allowed out for walks and play for up to an hour a day.
A week later, it was eased again and adults could now go out from 0800 to 1000 and 2000 to 2300 but only one adult with a kid between 1200 and 1900. Oldies over 70 allowed from 1000 to 1200 and 1900 to 2000 but no more than 1km from home.
On May 11th, the Rt value in the Valencia region went down to 0.54 and restriction were eased to allow further travel. This rose to 0.66 on the 18th and has now risen to 0.8. Because of this rise, Valencia Region has delayed going to Phase 2 of the relaxation and will stay in Phase 1 for another week so no inside restaurants and no shopping malls to open nor stores over 400 sq m (not quite right as larger stores can open provided they rope off an area no more than 400 sq m).
Other regions will have to report the Rt level and, anything going back up towards 1 will mean a reverse to the previous phase of lockdown rules.

Passenger aircraft allowed to enter Spain at 4 mainland and 3 island airports but only for "essential" travel which they mean residents and citizens of Spain only. Arrivals have had to quarantine for 14 days for the last 3 weeks.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

Edit to add: The conclusion is that there is no evidence that hydroxychloroquine will help prevent COVID-19. It does have some effect against viruses in a petri dish, but there is no evidence that it does anything helpful against them in an actual person, and the effects it has on the virus may actually be harmful when it comes to helping a patient with the disease.

So far it's about on par with injecting Lysol.
not having a go this is just an educational aside I've just found this out and this was the first post to reply to.

since january there has been over 23,000 papers written and submitted about C19

4,000 a week at current rates and very few have even been read or peer reviewed properly. many are just papers on their finding with no actual content, Johns Hopkins et al are trying to find a way to scan and search them all for viable data but the algorithms are proving awkward.

virologists debating the school return measures and have basically said you cannot outrun this thing and at some point you have to take the bull by the horns and either send the kids back to school or keep them at home until the end of next summer.

paris reopened its schools and has had 70 cases this week apparently. cases though - so symptomatic not hospitalisations.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
So if it's not such a big deal, why all the carry-on with PPE etc, oh and governments all over the globe destroying their economies, pretty drastic actions to defend against the pandemic going on, which really, according to you is not a big deal.
righto catch up time - 7 pages to go.

the pandemic is hysteria, it is a virus and they know it cannot be controlled - its like herding cats.

you can take precautions to reduce your exposure and slow down an infection to help you immunise but at the end of the day we have to accept the virus wins every time and we have to adapt to it. we cannot outrun this thing so have to face it at some point. and yes that means some deaths. We are now weaker as a species than we have ever been. These viruses are just Darwinism at work or Gaia trying to restore some balance.

life would not exist without viruses, we are riddled with billions of them. if we didn't have an immune system the human body would break down in around 4 hours. viruses also help us kill bacteria, break down our food and much more. they are part of our DNA now.

PPE and isolation is next to useless and they know it, unless you follow procedures like the andromeda strain you cannot avoid it. viruses are falling from space - they are in the troposphere right now drifting down. when you go to the beach you might catch a whale coronavirus or a norovirus from a cuttlefish. every plant you eat has viruses in its biome,

there is a method behind all of this and that is to keep you in a state of hysteria, look how easy it was to control you for the past two months that means they can pass laws and do what they want creating a police state probably for the first time ever. we are being encouraged to grass up our neighbours to accept mass monitoring and control via our own phones - as a social engineering experiment its a doozy.

this is being used as a tool to be anti trump, anti boris, anti brexit, anti globalist, pro globalist, pro one world govt, pro mass compulsory vaccination, pro travel controls, pro digital identity and so on.

the question is how much of this will you take or are you going to hide away and come out like a morlock in three years time to die from something else where you missed the herd immunity bus.

what right do you have to demand a risk free life when no such a thing exists?

righto catch up time - 7 pages to go.

the pandemic is hysteria, it is a virus and they know it cannot be controlled - its like herding cats.

you can take precautions to reduce your exposure and slow down an infection to help you immunise but at the end of the day we have to accept the virus wins every time and we have to adapt to it. we cannot outrun this thing so have to face it at some point. and yes that means some deaths. We are now weaker as a species than we have ever been. These viruses are just Darwinism at work or Gaia trying to restore some balance.

life would not exist without viruses, we are riddled with billions of them. if we didn't have an immune system the human body would break down in around 4 hours. viruses also help us kill bacteria, break down our food and much more. they are part of our DNA now.

PPE and isolation is next to useless and they know it, unless you follow procedures like the andromeda strain you cannot avoid it. viruses are falling from space - they are in the troposphere right now drifting down. when you go to the beach you might catch a whale coronavirus or a norovirus from a cuttlefish. every plant you eat has viruses in its biome,

there is a method behind all of this and that is to keep you in a state of hysteria, look how easy it was to control you for the past two months that means they can pass laws and do what they want creating a police state probably for the first time ever. we are being encouraged to grass up our neighbours to accept mass monitoring and control via our own phones - as a social engineering experiment its a doozy.

this is being used as a tool to be anti trump, anti boris, anti brexit, anti globalist, pro globalist, pro one world govt, pro mass compulsory vaccination, pro travel controls, pro digital identity and so on.

the question is how much of this will you take or are you going to hide away and come out like a morlock in three years time to die from something else where you missed the herd immunity bus.

what right do you have to demand a risk free life when no such a thing exists?
So all those deaths around the world are pure hysteria. Glad you clarified that. You are another of those that thinks his opinion is gospel and all others are wrong. Obviously in your small mind, coronavirus is a fairytale invented to control the sheep.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
There was a male nurse up here died, he was 52. Passed it on to his parents who also died. I am sure the remainder of his family will appreciate you pointing out that they are statistics of death.
so he picked up pneumonia bacteria from work and then took it home. it happens every single year.

No lecture, just pointing out (again) that this is not cold and flu, the increase in mortality rates is real.
expect they aren't.

this has been nothing special biologically.

what is real is your hysteria - you're a remainer aren't you?

... and, the government advisors, some are professors, some of the brightest medical and scientific people on the planet. I'll take my advice from them.
Considering their record of failure and corruption I would not be so sure. those same people caused the needless killing of hundreds of thousands of cattle. they were paid by big business to push the big business agenda and that for some is vaccines.

their forecasts were deliberately wrong and designed to induce panic and hysteria in gullible people like yourself and the media. so the forecast was HALF A MILLION UK DEAD - no proof of this and week later parliament forced them to admit that then revise it down to 20,000. when that was not forthcoming the govt had to fiddle the figures.

yet again you are a victim of a project fear.

it should be pointed out if it hasn't already that virologists and immunologist and epidemiologists have very little to do with medicine or indeed each others disciplines. they simply do not have the time.

Possibly a load of BS but I'll reserve judgement.
Why are people talking about the number of deaths mentioning Covid-19 as being the "only deaths"?
The ONS has reported that people who have died this year from heart disease, cancer, diabetes etc is higher than average.
Pointless saying "people would be dying from flu", of course they are. And they have. The UK flu season from November to Feb (when it starts easing off) was about the same as other years. People dying from suicide is the same. The same number of people are dying from HIV so saying this is taking away from one death figure and adding it to another is not correct especially HiV where numbers have been reducing steadily since people got more aware.

This isn't about people dying so much but the excess number of people dying. ONS reports a much higher (about 35 to 40 percent) excess death rate which makes a nonsense of death rates will be the same this year.

Yes, 14 to 16 hundred people die every day in UK. During this period that's risen by 3 to 4 thousand a week.

Still, I won't bother to listen to learned professors, statisticians, doctors or whatever,
The Arrse Google PhDs are far more knowledgeable, I'm sure.

ETA
Just to add about wanting to see pneumonia listed as cause of death, ONS figures to 10th April when CV19 showed just over 10,000 deaths (extra, not total deaths in UK) 32,763 from flu and pneumonia.
So, by 10th April this year (can't find newer figures but I'm sure they're out there) 10,350 had CV-19 on their death certificates and 32,763 had flu or pneumonia. That's out of a total number of deaths in the year to date of 184,950 and a five year average of 174,718 to the same period.
what part was BS? - the death rates are kosher. and you agree with most of it from what I can see.

the ONS have admitted that they are double reporting and misreporting C19 deaths though which throws everything out.

people are dying, but then that is what they are supposed to do. keeping them alive is what is against nature so when nature demands them back we should not complain about it. there's too much fake grief and virtue signalling now to be healthy.

1700 per day is the normal average UK death rate.

so he picked up pneumonia bacteria from work and then took it home. it happens every single year.

expect they aren't.

this has been nothing special biologically.

what is real is your hysteria - you're a remainer aren't you?

Considering their record of failure and corruption I would not be so sure. those same people caused the needless killing of hundreds of thousands of cattle. they were paid by big business to push the big business agenda and that for some is vaccines.

their forecasts were deliberately wrong and designed to induce panic and hysteria in gullible people like yourself and the media. so the forecast was HALF A MILLION UK DEAD - no proof of this and week later parliament forced them to admit that then revise it down to 20,000. when that was not forthcoming the govt had to fiddle the figures.

yet again you are a victim of a project fear.

it should be pointed out if it hasn't already that virologists and immunologist and epidemiologists have very little to do with medicine or indeed each others disciplines. they simply do not have the time.

what part was BS? - the death rates are kosher. and you agree with most of it from what I can see.

the ONS have admitted that they are double reporting and misreporting C19 deaths though which throws everything out.

people are dying, but then that is what they are supposed to do. keeping them alive is what is against nature so when nature demands them back we should not complain about it. there's too much fake grief and virtue signalling now to be healthy.

1700 per day is the normal average UK death rate.
Yet you are in denial about the power of this virus and associated findings such as cause of death etc, and you are calling others for tinfoil hattery, yet from your postings you appear to don the biggest hat. As I said, small minded.

Niamac

GCM
There are about 7,500,000,000 people on the planet. So far Covid 19 has killed about 300,000; double that for errors, omissions etc and we are at 700,000 dead. So we are at about 1 in 1000 and for that we in the west have turned our economy, way of life, individual freedoms etc upside down and may, as a result, face much worse social and financial problems downstream. We are a debt-ridden economy and one way or another that is going to come back and bite us unless we are very lucky.

This virus is a relative of the family of common cold viruses but with a much more aggressive payload to an unexposed population. It is reasonable to expect that it will behave, at least physically, like any other respiratory virus of its size. It will hang around and come back in the cold wet part of the year just like the common cold.

Influenza is not like that because with exposure and vaccination we usually mitigate its effects when it comes back in a mutated form. Occasionally we get it wrong as the Germans did a couple of years ago, resulting in an additional 40,000 deaths over normal. That did not hit the headlines. The medics and scientists are on the case (even if the politicians are well behind) and will no doubt will be looking for vaccines, mutations of the virus and possible treatments. More power to their elbows.

Problem will be if this dies away during the summer and the politicians declare a wonderful victory and dismantle whatever they have put in place to date.

Last edited:

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Would you like to prove that?

Or is this more proof of deep state and MSM?

a better source might have helped that refers to the HPV vaccine trials where they go to the third world because deaths can be hidden and life is cheap.

incidentally Gardasil is not having a very good time of it.

half a million kids suffered non polio related muscle wastage traced back to the gates polio vaccination program that is why their program was cancelled and they were asked not to bother returning.

I am not sure whether they are linked to the polio outbreak of a vaccine strain of the virus that caused so much embarrassment to the WHO.

Problem will be if this dies away during the summer and the politicians declare a wonderful victory and dismantle whatever they have put in place to date.

I think the stage has been set. With previous issues like SARS, MERS, effective research money was limited after the initial worries. In this case, the shock has been too great. As a result, it is likely that serious attention will continue to be paid to emerging diseases.

Latest Threads