MERS Coronavirus warning

So much for social isolating which I've been doing for the last month .
Popped into the village shop for some bread and milk which I've been doing for the past few weeks . Was a mother there with an out of control snot goblin running around the isles . Picked up the stuff I needed and the little shit bucket came running up and straight into my legs . The so called parent seemed a bit put out when I said thanks for the possible death sentence . :(
I got home from work at about six last night after another sh!t day in the jail to find at least four unknown cars in the cul de sac.
Getting out the car, I smelt a barbecue & had no problem whatsoever phoning the non emergency number.
The police were there in about fifteen minutes & directed them to their cars in a robust manner.
Idiots like that, & it's happening all over, will cause this lockdown to become even more draconian.

Blogg

LE
If it's warnings you want. ..

Bill Gates, April 2015

In meantime, the behemoth that is Public Health England has been busy readying it's business plan, preparing it's new centralised mega campus (phased opening starting 2025), fighting inter departmental budget wars, attempting to limit the role of the private sector and of course "reducing health inequalities".

Pretty staggering that the introduction of a low cost nationwide alert system (SMS or App) for pandemics and other health miseries like the Dutch one was deferred on grounds that the effectiveness of such could only be properly assessed....after a pandemic.

Currently accused of wholly blanking offer of a no cost conditional option over large number of antigen testing kits on grounds of "not yet tested and approved."

The condition was that the kits would pass the required testing and thus become approved.

Claimed that this paralysis not helped because someone rather senior was misled by a briefing from PHE which did not fully spell out the difference between:

(i) a binding contract for sale and purchase (will happen) and

(ii) an option, being the right, but not obligation, to purchase (might happen)

Some tigers in New York's Bronx Zoo have tested positive to coronavirus

First confirmed case of the disease jumping from humans to other animals.
This raises a few questions.
1. Why are they testing tigers FFS? They do not have enough tests for people.
2. Who had the bottle to stick something up a tiger's nose? If they want to test animals for human to animal transmission, you would have thought that they would choose an animal with a bit less 'attitude'.
3. Did the tester forget their specs that day and have a Mr Magoo moment?
4. How accurate are those tests anyway?

Niamac

GCM
This raises a few questions.
1. Why are they testing tigers FFS? They do not have enough tests for people.
2. Who had the bottle to stick something up a tiger's nose? If they want to test animals for human to animal transmission, you would have thought that they would choose an animal with a bit less 'attitude'.
3. Did the tester forget their specs that day and have a Mr Magoo moment?
4. How accurate are those tests anyway?
@Higgs_bosun was bored.

Hope this is not bad news for Tiddles.
All joking aside, if this turns out to be true and not some Murrica Bollox, and it becomes evident that the Coronavirus can be transmitted from humans to animals the consequences are enormous.

Cats wander about at night all over the place, they sneeze, spread the virus in other people gardens etc. Dogs could get it and transfer it back to humans. The permutations are endless. What happens if it gets into the food chain, cows, pigs, chickens etc. You can not get these to follow social distancing guidelines, it would spread exponentially into Wild life.

It might all just be hypothetical, but regardless it doesn't bear thinking about.

Incidentally I haven't seen Tiddles or any other cat in my garden since the lockdown started.
Do they know something we don't....

Oyibo

LE
Snipped
Incidentally I haven't seen Tiddles or any other cat in my garden since the lockdown started.
Is your Chinese takeaway still open?

All joking aside, if this turns out to be true and not some Murrica Bollox, and it becomes evident that the Coronavirus can be transmitted from humans to animals the consequences are enormous.

Cats wander about at night all over the place, they sneeze, spread the virus in other people gardens etc. Dogs could get it and transfer it back to humans. The permutations are endless. What happens if it gets into the food chain, cows, pigs, chickens etc. You can not get these to follow social distancing guidelines, it would spread exponentially into Wild life.

It might all just be hypothetical, but regardless it doesn't bear thinking about.

I have been thinking about that also but do you really want to try and isolate your cats and dogs?!! That would be utterly hellacious!!

In meantime, the behemoth that is Public Health England has been busy readying it's business plan, preparing it's new centralised mega campus (phased opening starting 2025), fighting inter departmental budget wars, attempting to limit the role of the private sector and of course "reducing health inequalities".

Pretty staggering that the introduction of a low cost nationwide alert system (SMS or App) for pandemics and other health miseries like the Dutch one was deferred on grounds that the effectiveness of such could only be properly assessed....after a pandemic.

Currently accused of wholly blanking offer of a no cost conditional option over large number of antigen testing kits on grounds of "not yet tested and approved."

The condition was that the kits would pass the required testing and thus become approved.

Claimed that this paralysis not helped because someone rather senior was misled by a briefing from PHE which did not fully spell out the difference between:

(i) a binding contract for sale and purchase (will happen) and

(ii) an option, being the right, but not obligation, to purchase (might happen)
we have one of the best health systems in the world.....despite its management.

Maybe for you mere mortals, I'm a distribution manager for a food manufacturer.
I manage two depots and a nationwide distribution network, delivering to multiple hospitals and scores of essential sites. Travel for me is not only permissible but essential, as it is for our production and distribution staff.

Oddly, the law requires me to actually go to work or provide the traffic commissioners with an explanation how our HGV distribution network operates in compliance with the law in my absence.
If I am Kung Flu'd the Commissioners have put plans in place to allow distributors to continue and have extended the periods of grace to find an alternate TM if I am hospitalised or die.

The DVSA and Traffic Commissioners are pretty slick on Kung Flu contingencies
I have a letter from HMG stating I am essential.

I will happily send it to the insurers.

Latest Threads