MERS Coronavirus warning

More like "folks with the virus are gathered into a sufficiently large group, tied up, and shot the shit out of with a 23mm AAA cannon. It is 'kin North Korea after all..."

No charge, old bean.
That BFO rocket they fired into the ocean recently - why was it so big?

My shiny hat - why thank you.

Gareth Southgate agrees to 30 per cent pay cut amid coronavirus crisis Gareth Southgate agrees to 30 per cent pay cut amid coronavirus crisis

Gareth Southgate leading the way again. Good lad. We discussed his leadership, rather than management, in a leadership talk. He's a very good boss was the conclusion.

Meanwhile the PFA claim cutting players wages will cost £200 million in taxes and affect the NHS...

English football chiefs say clubs face £1.137 billion loss English football chiefs say clubs face £1.137 billion loss

'The proposed 30% salary deduction over a 12-month period equates to over £500m in wage reductions and a loss in tax contributions of over £200m to the government.'

'What effect does this loss of earning to the government mean for the NHS? Was this considered in the Premier League proposal and did the Health Secretary, Matt Hancock factor this in when asking players to take a salary cut?
Apparently if wendyball doesn't get going again, the club's will have to repay the TV people.... A lot of money.

On top of the furloughed non-player staff some of these players may find themselves belonging to bankrupt clubs...

Not only that but how do you walk into your place of work knowing your paid 100% but others aren't? Regardless of value.

Last edited:
Not a record you want to own.

'Both the United Kingdom and the United States have recorded their deadliest days of the coronavirus pandemic so far.

'In the UK, another 708 deaths were reported on Saturday as people were told to stay inside despite warm, sunny weather. The youngest victim was a five-year-old child. In the US, more than 1,000 people died in just one day, raising its total death toll to 7,163. More than 30,000 new cases were also confirmed for the first time, pushing its total number of infections above 273,000.

'Meanwhile Europe’s strict lockdown measures appear to be taking effect, with promising new figures coming out of Spain and Italy.'

Not a record you want to own.

'Both the United Kingdom and the United States have recorded their deadliest days of the coronavirus pandemic so far.

'In the UK, another 708 deaths were reported on Saturday as people were told to stay inside despite warm, sunny weather. The youngest victim was a five-year-old child. In the US, more than 1,000 people died in just one day, raising its total death toll to 7,163. More than 30,000 new cases were also confirmed for the first time, pushing its total number of infections above 273,000.

'Meanwhile Europe’s strict lockdown measures appear to be taking effect, with promising new figures coming out of Spain and Italy.'

Looking at it in a more positive light it was the best record for a month. The percentage increase in cases has continued to steadily decline to 9.7% from 20% a week ago. The increase in deaths also continues to decline although not in such a pronounced manner.

Bored, I watche President Trump's press conference today (Watch Live: President Trump’s Coronavirus Task Force Holds Press Conference - move forward to about 60minutes) and was struck by the interaction between him and the journos in the audience (not on remote monitors|) which is uniquely Trumpian and occasionally weird.

Interestingly, they're talking about the use of plasma antibodies being used throughout the US; I haven't heard anyone in the UK talking about that.

Edit: Trump seems to be putting a lot of faith in hydroxychloroquine...

Last edited:
By now a lot of them would jump at the idea of being outside and stretching legs, never mind getting 60 quid a day.

The first issue will be arguing that them working picking fruit is 'essential work'.

The second, and probably much bigger, is getting the message out to kids. The school will not give out contact details (they can't, might as well hang up a big sign saying 'Paedos R Us') and they probably won't pass the message on, school comms being reserved for work and important notices (ha ha).

Word of mouth would probably work but then you run the risk of DBS checks - if all these kids are running off to a strawberry farm to pick fruit and the farmer isn't DBS checked then it's potentially smack on the wrist time. Even if the farmer is in the farmhouse 2 miles away.
I don't know how the law works when it comes to employing children in casual labour such as fruit picking but those farmers or any business within the agriculture, horticulture or shellfish gathering industries or one that is involved in the processing and packaging of such products that either supplies or needs workers, whether temporary or permanent, needs to be licensed by the Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority. They have their own intelligence and investigation teams to investigate non-compliance with regulations and unlicensed activity or other offences relating to labour exploitation. If such a business is licenced then I doubt there would be an issue surrounding DBS checks as I would expect those businesses to be compliant.

Heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus staying at home we should focus on inner peace. To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked through my house to find things i'd started and hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands, stafe day avrybobby!!!

Heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus staying at home we should focus on inner peace. To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked through my house to find things i'd started and hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands, stafe day avrybobby!!!
Bit late - https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/t...-and-all-that-crap.297407/page-8#post-9743258

I have three friends, and one drinking acquantance (more of friend of friends, one of my ex's, and general;y old gentleman) who got corona.

First two friends (one is at Molesworth and other is med rep /barmaid in her part time and old schoolmate) had it few weeks bacl My old school friend has asthma and hayfever, she caught mild corona ..lots of consulting over 111 to docs. Thankfully she never needed to be hospitalised and fortnight and bit on shes recovering at home with her hubby. My Molesworth buddy has not updated since last week.

Last two both in their 70s passed away in space of 24 hours in the last 48 hours. First one was lead singer for local band since the 70s (he also dabbled in defense work with lab paints etc even worked at nuke place at Kirtland AFB decades ago briefly) got admitted week ago. The other gent who was everyones friend, local artist already suffered stroke the other year, had maybe hip replacement (?) or some surgery around his lower body last year. Put it this way when I saw him he was with walking frame and needed help but enjoyed his pint.

Today in various local and national tabloids still see lots of folk risking it and going out in groups to river or beachfront. Then again if they are fit healthy individuals and not pick up any bug then we are scot free. But then again looking at the folk who have perished in hospitals and probably smouldering ash now were fit healthy gym freaks.

One hopes to hell their activities today does not push back ..like the old Paula Abdul song

And hope as its hot tommorrow, that all the populace will resist temptation or is that asking too much?

Be interesting to see whats up at the end this month not just here but europe for now.

Cheers

Initial viral load makes a big difference. So there is possibly such a thing as a weak dose.
Edited to add link.
Apparently, and from what I've read, the virus has mutated and there are two strains, L & S. The L strain is the newer of the two but is more aggressive and accounts for 70% of the cases whilst the S strain is milder and accounts for about 30% of the cases. The frequency of infections from the L strain has reduced because of the interventions made so far restricting its ability to spread but because the S strain is milder people are less likely to be aware of it and so pass it on.

I would give him a B -. He should have cut off Europe sooner, but it is what it is. We will just have to ride the storm out and adapt to a temporary degree of disruption.
Interesting you should say that. Considering Covid19 arrived in the USA before it did Europe perhaps Europe should have cut America off.

I have three friends, and one drinking acquantance (more of friend of friends, one of my ex's, and general;y old gentleman) who got corona.

First two friends (one is at Molesworth and other is med rep /barmaid in her part time and old schoolmate) had it few weeks bacl My old school friend has asthma and hayfever, she caught mild corona ..lots of consulting over 111 to docs. Thankfully she never needed to be hospitalised and fortnight and bit on shes recovering at home with her hubby. My Molesworth buddy has not updated since last week.

Last two both in their 70s passed away in space of 24 hours in the last 48 hours. First one was lead singer for local band since the 70s (he also dabbled in defense work with lab paints etc even worked at nuke place at Kirtland AFB decades ago briefly) got admitted week ago. The other gent who was everyones friend, local artist already suffered stroke the other year, had maybe hip replacement (?) or some surgery around his lower body last year. Put it this way when I saw him he was with walking frame and needed help but enjoyed his pint.

Today in various local and national tabloids still see lots of folk risking it and going out in groups to river or beachfront. Then again if they are fit healthy individuals and not pick up any bug then we are scot free. But then again looking at the folk who have perished in hospitals and probably smouldering ash now were fit healthy gym freaks.

One hopes to hell their activities today does not push back ..like the old Paula Abdul song

And hope as its hot tommorrow, that all the populace will resist temptation or is that asking too much?

Be interesting to see whats up at the end this month not just here but europe for now.

Cheers
Maybe the final countdown?

This will not end well…

I really hope they dodged the metaphorical bullet in that part of the US. God help them if they haven't.

By the way, what's happening with all the firearms and ammunition the southern Septics were buying up weeks ago? Were they expecting to bug out at some point, or get into confrontations with the plod?

I don’t think the vast majority would notice or care.
That's probably because the majority of Americans don't know where Europe is and the best they can manage is where Canada and Mexico are, and some of those probably don't know which way round.

I really hope they dodged the metaphorical bullet in that part of the US. God help them if they haven't.

By the way, what's happening with all the firearms and ammunition the southern Septics were buying up weeks ago? Were they expecting to bug out at some point, or get into confrontations with the plod?
Try nationwide gun and ammo buying spree.

Latest Threads