MERS Coronavirus warning

And have the press crucify the minister for interfering with the NHS during the crisis

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
The Tories are weak and spineless at the best of times. They are subservient to the media and utterly terrified of them.

Most media in the UK is politicised and firmly on the left. The Tories will never get fair treatment, but they never fight back either.

It would take very little time to explain to the media and the rest of the UK how the NHS supply chain works and what sort of moolah the employees are on who should be doing their job.

The NHS needs enormous reform and this crisis is one of the best excuses for doing just that except the silly Tories have been encouraging everyone to clap the "saints and heroes" thereby raising the religion to higher esteem and making reform impossible.

They'll just keep shovelling money into the black hole that is the NHS. It's become a monster.

Thats because there is not any, the testing is starting to look like a UK debacle and the "Event" look like it is running way with the reporting of it out of control i.e. it starting to look like a total cock-up which will not reflect well on the Cabinet / Government.

Archie
I gave you a 'dislike' for that for the reasons which @jagman2 later laid out. The Government seems to have been following the advice given by their (highly regarded) medical and scientific chiefs; if they had done anything else we would probably have very good cause to be angry with them, but I'm fairly satisfied that they've played a good game so far. Whether the bloated bureaucracy which is the administrative arm of the NHS has done quite so well is another matter.

You'd think that they wouldn't bother with Irish only. Not many speak Irish anyway, fewer yet boggy sign language (shouldn't it all footwork?). Just sign BSL or ASL.
I expect that the leader of Provisional Sinn Fein insisted on the Irish sign language arm-waving (I wonder just how many on the island of Ireland actually understand it?). We should just be grateful that representatives of the BAME communities haven't also got spaces on the screen to translate from English into every other sign language commonly used in London (although I bet they've tried).

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Spanish press is full of reports that the Army will accompany the Guardia Civil on coronavirus lockdown patrols.
Haven't seen any here, just local police going round in cars and the odd roadblock at the exits to the town to ask where people are going. The local police cars are broadcasting messages to thank people for remaining indoors and explaining the reasons why.
They have just introduced a special letter you must carry if you are an essential worker.
Check this.....see the section at 03:50, which was filmed in a rural town in Andalusia on 2nd of March 2020 .........

I wonder if the usual ferias at Easter will be cancelled ?

Last edited:

Londo

LE
Every one has their own problems, but most of the press don't seem to have picked up on the fact that the house of cards that is India appears to be collapsing.

Their almost total gig economy seems to have shut down, leaving huge numbers with no money, food, transport from the cities to their family homes.

I can see big trouble in a couple of weeks.
One also wonders what is happening in Pakistan and Bangladesh . I think things must be worse in those countries than India but we are not hearing anything .

TamH70

MIA
Check this.....see the section at 03:50, which was filmed in a rural town in Andalusia on March 02....

Not March 2nd this year, though. All the fallas were cancelled as will the Easter parades be.
Lockdown is supposed to finish Easter Saturday but odds on that it will be extended.
Mind you, the lockdown didn't start until March 15th so there would have been loads of people about before then. One of the lessons UK should have learned earlier.

Last edited:
Just been informed that this years Edinburgh Festival in August has been cancelled.

Result.

We going Italy boys (with, not necessarily of).

Permission slips to buy bread and milk when?

You'd think that they wouldn't bother with Irish only. Not many speak Irish anyway, fewer yet boggy sign language (shouldn't it all footwork?). Just sign BSL or ASL.
Its not Gailge (sp?) in sign AFAIK its a seperate sign language.

One also wonders what is happening in Pakistan and Bangladesh . I think things must be worse in those countries than India but we are not hearing anything .
I think the big problem is the authorities made a snap decision to lockdown, so most of the population are stranded with no money, food, and in cities where they are no longer welcome, and have no family backup.

I reckon covid is going to be swiftly over taken by typhoid, cholera etc.

I think the big problem is the authorities made a snap decision to lockdown, so most of the population are stranded with no money, food, and in cities where they are no longer welcome, and have no family backup.

I reckon covid is going to be swiftly over taken by typhoid, cholera etc.
I doubt that either of those two countries would have actually noticed the passage through them of the plague if not for the economic effects of the closedown. The results of that are going to be far worse than the small percentage of deaths which will be directly attributable to the virus.

Londo

LE
Just been informed that this years Edinburgh Festival in August has been cancelled.

Result.
You say it like it's a bad thing . Think of all those unfunny comedians that will now die of starvation .
EDIT
and AIDS

Last edited:
Check this.....see the section at 03:50, which was filmed in a rural town in Andalusia on March 02....

Before anyone else says it, I WOULD, even though I reckon she would be a real "danger f**k""

Latest Threads