MERS Coronavirus warning

Massive community effort underway here in East Belfast.

8 of us delivered 1000 of these leaflets today. Every household in East Belfast will get one in the next few days.

Free cooked meals are being provided for pensioners and those with health conditions self isolating. A local butcher is cooking the roast beef dinners at £1 ahead, paid for and funded solely by local groups at the minute.
FB_IMG_1585249419126.jpg

The old fashioned British spirit is definitely still there.

8 of us delivered 1000 of these leaflets today. Every household in East Belfast will get one in the next few days.

Free cooked meals are being provided for pensioners and those with health conditions self isolating. A local butcher is cooking roast beef dinners at £1 ahead, funded solely by local groups at the minute.
View attachment 460081

I meant to ask you @British_And_Proud . On the local news the car park at the Oddessy seemed very full. (Its on the background behind the presenters if anyone wonders). Is that actually the case?

I meant to ask you @British_And_Proud . On the local news the car park at the Oddessy seemed very full. (Its on the background behind the presenters if anyone wonders). Is that actually the case?
The Odyssey is completely closed from last weekend. I can't understand why the car park would be occupied.

Would it be a screen behind the presenters maybe?

The Odyssey is completely closed from last weekend. I can't understand why the car park would be occupied.

Yes, but I had the impression that the picture was live from a camera on a building. Perhaps it isn't then.

I think the image from the Waterfront Hall on UTV, is also a picture background.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Klar!

I reckon that in a few years time the stats (accurate, relevant or not) will be picked over by researchers for decades. I suspect that the UK will not come out too badly in hindsight: A clear strategy has been chosen rather than bean-counting of incomplete stats (as opposed to that bastion of truth, China).

But as the soup waiter would say, 'time will tell'.
Nice to see you catching up. Would you like an extra fly in your soup?

SDFA

Old-Salt

I was working in the flats behind the Odyssey last Thurs and Fri and a deader place I have never seen. Its usually bustling around the front with the people that live in the flats and tourists walking through to the Titanic centre, but the only shop open on the crescent at the front was the Spar. All the car parks around the Abercorn basin and up to Spud Murphys were empty.
It was mainly only workies around at the time and removal men as the Giants season has finished and the majority of the team were packing up and heading back to N America.

Free cooked meals are being provided for pensioners and those with health conditions self isolating. A local butcher is cooking the roast beef dinners at £1 ahead, paid for and funded solely by local groups at the minute.
View attachment 460081

It's like that where I live too (Chepstow). I'm kinda keeping out of it because I've adopted an elderly neighbour who has no family close by and he's got to self isolate for three months, so this is a bit of a commitment.

The "support the NHS" clapping ceremony at 20:00 had zero take up here.

I'm sure the NHS workers actually risking their health will be delighted.

This is a very nice gesture, but a bit 'worthy'. Instead of a round of applause I'm sure they would prefer a bit of recognition and leeway in their daily lives, such as a special till in Tesco or relief from parking fees etc. I also think that it would be pretty cool if the praise was extended to all the others that are keeping things going such as supermarket cashiers, rozzers and truckers.

I recall hearing a pointy head on BBC R4 this morning saying that we won't know for def until after it's all over but his estimation was that 33%-50% of deaths in the over 70s would have probably happened anyway.
Government can't win on this. You're either fecking the economy or don't care about your biggest block of voters. Lose/lose.

Last edited:

We'd 4 or 5 houses out on our small street. Maybe a few went to their back doors as well.
My wee girl and her Mum went out.

Personally I'd like to think they know by and large we lap them up and that they have the full respect of the nation.

And everyone has the same idea, so now the place is busy. Exactly what I saw yesterday local to me, now the locals have been banned from the land outside their front door due to the people driving in.
Trust me, nobody else has the same idea of walking up some if the steep hills and rugged terrain we walk up. Snowdonia notwithstanding because that is a tourist trap. The places we tend to go are well off the beaten track. Plus they are all lazy bone idle feckers anyway, so reluctant to walk to the end of their garden and back.;)

A big response where I live - I wondered WTF it was.....music added as well.

Interesting development.

View attachment 460081

Self and missus have become Street Co-ordinators for our street. We have a similar flyer to hand out.

Latest Threads