MERS Coronavirus warning

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Writing, as I am, from Hong Kong, most of us are keeping a wary eye on events over the border. There isn't any great concern at the moment, however this weekend marks lunar new year, traditionally a time to visit family. Annually it marks the largest migration of people with up to 400m people likely to be travelling over the period. I remember pictures from last year of 100,000 people crowded into one train station in mainland China, a situation perfect for the spread of disease (particularly so in a country that regards spitting in public as an inalienable right).

I have suggested to my wife that we keep an open mind about sending her and the kids back to Japan for a spell if it spreads in a big way - although flu normally only kills the weakest and/or those with other health problems my youngest is only 4 so better to be prepared I suppose.

Advice gladly taken from any health professionals on here and a bottle of whisky to @Magic_Mushroom if he reserves us first class seats on the first C-17 back to Blighty :D
Best not to chance it - Spanish Flu was most lethal for the Twenty and Thirty somethings who should have been the fittest and strongest members of the population.

Imagine the moaning at the Pearly Gates from the Snowflakes if, after having to pay for university education, work in the gig economy and make up generation rent, they're also duty victims for the next pandemic.

Unsure of the validity.

No updates from WHO as of yet.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I was only half listening to it the other evening so don't take this as gospel, but the local US news might have mentioned a couple of cases have arrived in the US.

We could do with a good approaching Walking Dead level pandemic to clear out all the chaff who have had their existences extended by NGO's and St. Bob. It would certainly slow down global warming. I have noticed a few reports of simple third world type diseases popping up and being on the increase in the US, stuff like measles.
We get a lot here in L.A - Measles out break this week and San Diego has some very interesting Hepatitis deaths.

We get a lot here in L.A - Measles out break this week and San Diego has some very interesting Hepatitis deaths.
I am seriously surprised there is not more what with all the homeless on the streets. I don't know why the State does not just stick up some huge tent city out in the Ulu for them instead of them littering the streets. Was not impressed with Venice Beach in the slightest, shan't be going back there.

Strange virus from China you say ?
on The bright side Greta the Mong child will not have to worry about global warming ....a global plague will lesser the CO2 emissions from mankind. Job done but will she thank them ?
Not unless she gets infected with it as well.

I am seriously surprised there is not more what with all the homeless on the streets. I don't know why the State does not just stick up some huge tent city out in the Ulu for them instead of them littering the streets. Was not impressed with Venice Beach in the slightest, shan't be going back there.
Its against their civil rights - besides, the pan handling money will be less/further from places to steal/drug dealers etc

Has one of our Chinese billionaires read "Rainbow Six" by any chance and thought "What a bloody good idea". o_O:skull::skull::skull:
Hmm, Greta Thunberg currently heading to South America just like the protagnists in that book.

Coincedence?

Your world ending plagues do not distinguish wheat from chaff.

That would be the fault of the anti-vaxxer movement. Another group of knuckle draggers that needs to be removed from the gene pool.

I don't know who to hate more, the antivaccers who will suddenly believe in the modern day health system by running to a hospital when they fall ill, or the clowns who will try and treat the disease with essential oils and prayer.

Suppose it should be the essential oil nuts, they often end up killing their kids by doing this shit.

Yes, just seen on my feed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Just had it on the news: over 400 cases, 9 deaths, more than a dozen of those infected are health workers caught up in it while working. In China where it kicked off there are several cases in Beijing, it has travelled to a Thailand, South Korea, Japan and has now been found in Seattle, USA.

The world health organization are meeting to decide on whether it should be declared a pandemic, or whatever they call the most serious level of disease/virus.

I don't know who to hate more, the antivaccers who will suddenly believe in the modern day health system by running to a hospital when they fall ill, or the clowns who will try and treat the disease with essential oils and prayer.

Suppose it should be the essential oil nuts, they often end up killing their kids by doing this shit.
The clowns just kill their own kids, the anti-vaxxers are probably killing thousands. The recent Samoa measles outbreak is an interesting case in point although it has to be said that the crisis wasn't helped by the stupid nurses that killed two kids to begin with.

Some of the ant-vaxxer messages on Twitter are hilarious. Recent ones blamed the flu-vaccine for getting a 14 year old girl pregnant and giving babies Alzheimers and Downs syndrome.

bedended

War Hero
Morning All,
From today's local 'comic'.
1st pic',. Ref: WHO considers global health warning.
2nd pic',. Ref: Indian Gov't advice to Indians medical students in Wuhan City.
3rd pic',. Me in Majnu Ka Tila waiting for bus back to a fresh air place.
M-K-T is a Tibetean colony in Delhi. Many Tibeteans suffer from T.B. I always mask up in Delhi, especially in this place.

Attachments

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Morning All,
From today's local 'comic'.
1st pic',. Ref: WHO considers global health warning.
2nd pic',. Ref: Indian Gov't advice to Indians medical students in Wuhan City.
3rd pic',. Me in Majnu Ka Tila waiting for bus back to a fresh air place.
M-K-T is a Tibetean colony in Delhi. Many Tibeteans suffer from T.B. I always mask up in Delhi, especially in this place.
I would have thought everyone masked up in Delhi due to the amount of faecal, diahorrea, shit lying about everywhere. India is a fecking disease in limbo! (Yes, I have been there). How the inhabitants survive beats me.

bedended

War Hero
I would have thought everyone masked up in Delhi due to the amount of faecal, diahorrea, shit lying about everywhere. India is a fecking disease in limbo! (Yes, I have been there). How the inhabitants survive beats me.
Morning @smeg-head,
People in Delhi wearing masks are definately in the minority and it baffles the fck out of me as well. I was here in November when the pollution level was off the scale due to a combination of pollution and stubble burning outside the city. Same then, very few masks and that included foreigners.
I occasionally see blokes with a scarf/piece of cloth wrapped around their neck and mouth but not covering their nose. One bloke I asked, said it was used when it's cold and not as a barrier. Weird!

Latest Threads