MERS Coronavirus warning

.....We could do with a good approaching Walking Dead level pandemic to clear out all the chaff who have had their existences extended by NGO's and St. Bob....
Your world ending plagues do not distinguish wheat from chaff.

.....I have noticed a few reports of simple third world type diseases popping up and being on the increase in the US, stuff like measles.
That would be the fault of the anti-vaxxer movement. Another group of knuckle draggers that needs to be removed from the gene pool.

The WHO, World Heath Organisation are to announce tomorrow whether to declare a world health crisis in relation to the 'CoronaVirus'. (291 cases & 6 deaths so far).

Source: Aljazeera.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Your world ending plagues do not distinguish wheat from chaff.
Meh, in principle no, however, the more money you have the more likely you are to have the ability to hunker down and let it go whistling past.

That would be the fault of the anti-vaxxer movement. Another group of knuckle draggers that needs to be removed from the gene pool.
The vax thing is a contentious subject, both sides can produce evidence supporting their argument. We looked long and hard at it when our sprogs came along.

Then you get to the US where I have seen the problem and it becomes more complicated. For example: In order to receive our greencards we had to all meet certain innoculation requirements specified as being the national requirement by the US State Department. So we did. Then we arrive in Florida and in order to register the kids for school you have to show their vaccination certificates. So we did. Not good enough. It is down to local counties as to what they may require as vaccinations in order to allow entry to their schools. If a county head of public health has a bee in their bonnet about a particular vaccination they will add it in and there is nothing you can do about it.....as such;).

Our argument with the county requirement was the timing of follow up vaccinations. Because we had to rush through the vaccinations for the greencard our UK Dr enquired with the pharma companies and they gave clear timeframes as to how close together certain vaccinations may be given.............not some witchdoctor, or health worker's opinion, the actual instruction from the pharma companies. The US county requirement was going against the pharma company instructions.

At that point conversation with someone threw up the ability to decline having vaccinations due to religious grounds. This is a huge thing in the US, often for religious grounds, but also, as I have discovered, an excuse used by many, many, people who cannot afford to pay the fee's associated with medical treatment in the USA. The US medical community is a for profit enterprise, it is not like the NHS where you pootle along and get your injections at no cost and then go home. In the US you pay for everything to do with medical unless it is a medical emergency, this is the place where your 10 minute GP visit costs $120 and 30%+/- of the population have absolutely no medical insurance whatsoever.

So, yes, you have your anti-vax crowd, but in the US you also have the people who know their medical authorites are borderline stupid, also the religious nutters and also those who simply cannot afford to even see a Dr. never mind get their kids vaccinated. Oh, and you also have the illegals (not all illegals are Mexicans, there are plenty of Chinese who come up over the border too) who have been found to be suffering from a variety of malady's including tuberculosis and leprosy.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Spent many hours on that game. Love trying out different ways to wipe out humanity. It's educational.

Mother Nature is trying her best to give the human race the good news. We haven't had a cull for a long time due to modern medicine. There's way too many of us now. Something will come along sometime to whittle the numbers down.
At Southampton Institute of Higher Education (now Solent University), day release (from Worthy Down) HND Computer Studies 86-88, we worked on a DEC Vax 11/70 "mainframe", but we wrote source code and essays on PCs. We each carried our own 3½" disk (did you know they're 3½" so they fit in a software engineer's pocket? ) to save our work on. But sometimes we'd find stuff saved on the hard drive.

One was WERZWOLD.EXE. What's that I hear you ask. It was a program that took the DOS bell function and got it to play a tune (others got line printers to play a tune because printing different letters made different frequency sound). The "tune" it played was We Are The World. Get it?

Sorry. Wiping out humanity. We found all sorts of games too. There was a Star Trek game. And SHARKS.EXE. In which you started the game by specifying a number of sharks and a number of fishes. Sharks ate fish. Too few fish, the sharks starved and died out, too many fish, the shark population exploded. And died off. Until the balance became viable. How long could you keep the game running?

Eeh simple days. Before some twát invented viruses.

Last edited:

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Can we test this on those that are job shy, offer of £50 & lunch from greggs should do it.
Out of work longer than 1 year with a criminal record or a monitor tag & you get it twice, because we are nice.

2 for 1 we help to find a cure for it & the unemployment rates fall, for ever.

bedended

War Hero
The WHO, World Heath Organisation are to announce tomorrow whether to declare a world health crisis in relation to the 'CoronaVirus'. (291 cases & 6 deaths so far).

Source: Aljazeera.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Morning @beemer007,
Just got back from Nepal and I reckon it'll flare up there, as it seems to be the place for the Chinese to go especially as there's a 'Visit Nepal 2020' drive going on at the moment with a Chinese actress promoting it. I noticed they seemed to be the majority of foreigners.
Over the last 5+ years they've slowly been taking over businesses particularly in the Jyatha area of Kathmandu where the smell of chinese cooking can be quite strong.
I am always surprised to see so few foreigners wearing masks as the dust(people always brushing the street outside their shops)/pollution(narrow streets, tall buildings, shit loads of cars and motorbikes), is quite bad.
As an aside, every local I know and others I spoke to on the subject were not keen on this influx.
I'd advise anyone visiting to buy a mask before heading there and GTFOD to the hills asap.
1st pic's., is the Indian Gov't recommended KN95(which I use) but you see people wearing variations of the black one which is apparently not up to scratch. Paper ones are also available.

E2a: for mong/predictive spelling.

Attachments

Last edited:
The vax thing is a contentious subject, both sides can produce evidence supporting their argument.
I'd accept that turning the kids into pincushions for no good reason is arguable; but for the commonplace and standard UK vaccinations (MMR, DTP, etc) I'd sat that one side has all the evidence, the other side have all the hysteria, pseudoscience, quackery, and ignorance. Even then, Dad got posted to Hong Kong in the 1960s and Eastern Europe in the 1970s, so my vaccination record looks "interesting" - but I survived...

I know, I should come down off the fence. And yes, we did worry when Andrew Wakefield made his big bid for personal fame (i.e. before he was revealed to be a snake-oil salesman hoping to get rich off his own patented measles vaccine, and struck off for lying about his evidence) but even then we decided to go ahead with MMR for the rugrats because we'd checked with a couple of doctors we knew ("so - is this new study reputable and suitably peer-reviewed, or is it DodgyAF?")

I'd accept that turning the kids into pincushions for no good reason is arguable; but for the commonplace and standard UK vaccinations (MMR, DTP, etc) I'd sat that one side has all the evidence, the other side have all the hysteria, pseudoscience, quackery, and ignorance. Even then, Dad got posted to Hong Kong in the 1960s and Eastern Europe in the 1970s, so my vaccination record looks "interesting" - but I survived...

I know, I should come down off the fence. And yes, we did worry when Andrew Wakefield made his big bid for personal fame (i.e. before he was revealed to be a snake-oil salesman hoping to get rich off his own patented measles vaccine, and struck off for lying about his evidence) but even then we decided to go ahead with MMR for the rugrats because we'd checked with a couple of doctors we knew ("so - is this new study reputable and suitably peer-reviewed, or is it DodgyAF?")
I'm with you personally, I was a pincushion after the old mans tours in Aden, Kenya, Cyprus and Singapore, with visits to other places on leave. Ours were both jabbed for everything too and I think they turned out fine.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
"Individuals should protect themselves by thoroughly washing their hands".

That's them f*cked
You may as well have said "No shitting in the street" for all the notice they'll take

There's a game on Google Play called Plague Inc where you can "make" your own different kind of virus, bacteria, nano-bio-weapon-thingy and modify and mutate it as it travels round the world. It's quite sobering seeing the map of the world with planes criss-crossing all over and countries starting off with one infection and ending (if you play it right) with complete collapse. The aim of the game is to make human life extinct.
I have killed everyone with a virus I simply called 'knob rot'.

I agree.

On the subject of the game, I found the hardest nut to crack was Greenland. The cold climate and the relative few number of flights there coupled with the low population made it difficult. I tried starting with Greenland but it didn't kick off but nearby Iceland was a good way to start. Protect your bug against the cold first and you're laughing.
It only has a seaport on my version. You have to get an infected ship there first. If it closes the port first, game essentially over.

Ritch

LE
It only has a seaport on my version. You have to get an infected ship there first. If it closes the port first, game essentially over.
Hmm, okay. I don't know if yours is an earlier version? I uninstalled mine a few months ago.

Well, not everyone is a BAOR squaddie in real life.
You'd be surprised how many people I know who haven't slept in a gutter in MG as well.

I saw a documentary on this
12 Monkeys

Latest Threads