MERS Coronavirus warning

I don't, for a minute, think that the quarantine will be effective. Tens of millions have traveled,both internally and internationally, over Chinese new year and will be doing so again to return home over the coming days. China has extended the public holiday until Feb 2nd
Was hoping to grab a Chinese hotpot with some friends because of the New Year (as I did in the past) - now, no, actually not any Chinese food. My appetite has gone.

I can’t help thinking there’s more than a whiff of ‘problem-reaction-solution’ at play here.

Londo

LE
A lot of the videos emerging from China seem to be on Tictoc... Some sort of dancing app apparently..

I presume this is due to censorship.. Some stuff getting out though..

Seen a few videos like this and people talking about one ( which I've not seen ) mention gunshots in the distance .
Might be scaremongering . Might be something in it .

Although the evidence is not set in stone yet it looks as if the virus originated from bats.

It also appears that it started in the “wet” market in Wuhan, selling live and dead animals of numerous varieties. Including bats.

My guess would be that the virus mutated in the original host animal and was either transferred to another animal and then to humans or directly to humans,

The nCOV virus outbreak is a typical example of zoonosis where an animal virus transfers to humans. Hardly the first time in China.

Nor is it novel in Africa with sporadic outbreaks of zoonoses (Ebola, possibly the origin of AIDS etc).

Perhaps if the people in these areas refrained from eating monkeys, civets, bats, raccoons and any other wild animal they could shove down their gobs and improved their farming and hygiene standards these outbreaks might not happen.

Contrast with America where bubonic plague is endemic in the Western US and can be carried by rock squirrels, wood rats, ground squirrels, prairie dogs, chipmunks, mice, voles, and rabbits. Carnivores can become infected by eating these animals.

But the US rarely suffers outbreaks of bubonic plague (it has had some small ones) because they don’t eat all the ******* vermin they can get their hands on.

Yes. Fruit bat on the island of Pulau Tioman. We rocked up for a fortnight of diving and found the Malaysian Air Force running survival training led by a couple of UK instructors - the island used to be a Jap airstrip in WW2. Every day a few of them were given .22 rifles and told to go find something for dinner that night..........our contribution was to simply pay the locals $50 and buy a couple of goats and some chickens.
Didn't fancy a bit of monitor lizard then?

Latest from South China Morning News

1. First reported cases of foreigners infected in China
2. Opinion on how communist party made the crisis worse

Coronavirus: first reported cases of foreigners infected in China
  • Health authority in southern province of Guangdong says two Australians and one Pakistani student diagnosed with the illness
  • Source of infection unknown but all three in a stable condition, official says
SCMP Reporters
Published: 7:08am, 29 Jan, 2020

1580305486890.png

Coronavirus: first reported cases of foreigners infected in China

How China’s coronavirus crisis, like the Sars epidemic, was worsened by the Communist Party’s penchant for secrecy
  • The Chinese government’s early response to the coronavirus outbreak was to tightly control information, hampering containment efforts. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that the next time will be better
Minxin Pei
Minxin Pei

Published: 5:00pm, 29 Jan, 2020

How China’s Communist Party worsened coronavirus crisis

Londo

LE
There is a complete blackout of information coming out of China concerning the virus. 6 days ago there were about 4 privately recorded videos released. Since then there has been almost nothing. 50 million people are quarantined and there are no videos of what is happening ????
I saw those videos and they were quite scary . May or may not have been fake . I don't know .
But something is amiss here .

Didn't fancy a bit of monitor lizard then?
To quote that world famous, international outdoorsman, Crocodile Dundee, "you can live on it, but it tastes like shit".

There is a complete blackout of information coming out of China concerning the virus. 6 days ago there were about 4 privately recorded videos released. Since then there has been almost nothing. 50 million people are quarantined and there are no videos of what is happening ????
I saw those videos and they were quite scary . May or may not have been fake . I don't know .
But something is amiss here .
Censorship, as posted above. How China’s Communist Party worsened coronavirus crisis

Watching CNN..... some Doctor type said it’s less lethal than a bad dose of flu in the population.

so what’s the truth? Very bad flu or deadly snake eating monkeybat plague?

Hexi Bloke

On ROPS
On ROPs
WHO are now advising people to, (and get this), AVIOD having unprotected sex with wild and/or domestic animals!!!!......WTF?

Hong Kong infectious disease experts are urging the government to take “draconian” measures against the spread of the deadly new
coronavirus
from the mainland Chinese city of Wuhan, citing research estimating that 44,000 patients could be infected there – far higher than official figures.
University of Hong Kong academics on Monday estimated that the number of patients in Wuhan had reached 43,590 by Saturday, including those in the incubation stage of the virus, which causes pneumonia.

I am far more likely to believe their estimates than the information coming out of China. Being academics they will also have links with academics in mainland China and will doubtless be basing some of their reporting on the information from them.

The BBC a couple of days ago had spoken with the Uni of HK Medical School and had been told that they expect numbers to reach 200K in Wuhan within a fortnight.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
As most folk reading posts on this topic will be aware there is a Computer game that has been around for quite a while called 'Plague Inc'.

More clued up gamers will tell me but I think it's from the same company that make a very popular dystopia game called The Fall (?)

Anyway, it seems that the game 'Plague Inc.' gives you various options to tailor your outbreak, to give it maximum chance of wiping out all human life on this little ball of gas and liquid. You win when everyone is dead.

There are now at least five bespoke scenarios on the game's server which model this particular real-life outbreak.

See if you can sit through this without wanting to track-down the guy running you through this particular scenario....

Someone mentioned Pulmonary Oedema ^ ?...hmmm, cheery screenshots like this are included:

Screenshot - Plague Inc.png

1580308565646.png

Last edited:
Is that blood on the floor?

Whoever's taking the video doesn't sound too healthy either...
Enlarged on my 25" inch monitor at around 00.04 to 00.06 there is defo red dribble coming out of his mouth. I wold not go too much on colour of the blood as the quality of the video is shite. Pulmonary blood (from the lung area) will be brighter as it will be highly oxygenated and will darken when out of the body.

WHO are now advising people to, (and get this), AVIOD having unprotected sex with wild and/or domestic animals!!!!......WTF?
I wasn't sure what "AVIOD" meant, so I Googled it.

The first result was some unhygenic Indian restaurant in the scumburbs of London

So you were probably right

To quote that world famous, international outdoorsman, Crocodile Dundee, "you can live on it, but it tastes like shit".

Pretty certain that quote was lifted from Les Hiddins, the 'Bush Tucker Man'.

Pretty certain that quote was lifted from Les Hiddins, the 'Bush Tucker Man'.
I liked watching Les, I'd love to meet him. The bloody hat always got me.

Latest Threads