MERS Coronavirus warning

right then...

Interesting paper!
Beyond the conclusion quoted, the link, at top right, provides a link to the full paper with information of the derivation of the Laplace Transform used in the calculations.
Convincing
Another one for your perusal.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Found a bit more info.
Front-line Metropolitan Police officers will not be allowed to use spit hoods on people, despite support from the home secretary.

Commissioner Cressida Dick said the equipment should only be used in custody suites and not during arrests.

Civil liberties groups have called the mesh hoods placed over suspects' heads "dangerous and degrading".

The Met Police Federation called the move "absurd", insisting the hoods "do not cause any stress whatsoever".

The Federation's Chairman Ken Marsh said "no member of public will ever see a spit guard until they have spat at one of my colleagues".

Home Secretary Sajid Javid has backed calls for spit and bite guards across all forces in England and Wales.

British Transport Police are currently permitted to use spit hoods in arrests on London's streets and the Met has used hoods in all custody suites during an extended pilot scheme.
It will take a copper who gets spat at to actually sue both the met and Dick for failing to provide the adequate equipment for him/her to safely carry out their duty, and for failing to comply with health and safety and duty of care issues at work.
I hope the fed are already considering this.

Londo

LE
It will take a copper who gets spat at to actually sue both the met and Dick for failing to provide the adequate equipment for him/her to safely carry out their duty, and for failing to comply with health and safety and duty of care issues at work.
I hope the fed are already considering this.
It seems I was looking at outdated information , Spit hoods have been authorised as of a report just a few months later .

ThunderBox

On ROPS
On ROPs
The building of the hospital with the hundreds of diggers seemingly moving dirt backwards and forwards seems a bit odd.

Wouldn’t converting some warehouses be a better solution?

The building of the hospital with the hundreds of diggers seemingly moving dirt backwards and forwards seems a bit odd.

My thoughts exactly.

The news said it was going to be a temporary hospital, portacabins, inflatable buildings, ........... who knows? My guess is that the diggers are just levelling the site for whatever is going to be planted on it. <cough> crematorium <cough> Though with the exclusion areas now in place I doubt we will see any pictures of it for a while.

ThunderBox

On ROPS
On ROPs
Perhaps it’s just smoke and mirrors, they could take over a sports ground or other pre flattened area. Look at your great leader building a hospital in 2 weeks....

Perhaps it’s just smoke and mirrors, they could take over a sports ground or other pre flattened area. Look at your great leader building a hospital in 2 weeks....
Will the Great Leader also train the staff in two weeks?

I thought the same, apply the CCP doctrine of "keeping up appearances".

I would have thought grading would have been quicker with bulldozers and diggers to load it into trucks?

ThunderBox

On ROPS
On ROPs
I thought the same, apply the CCP doctrine of "keeping up appearances".

I would have thought grading would have been quicker with bulldozers and diggers to load it into trucks?
Agree, I havnt built a hospital in 2 weeks before but that many diggers cannot be productive, I do have some experience on a coal stockpile.

"A few" diggers would need a decent truck to take away the dirt, and one to replace it whilst it moves the dirt, perhaps more trucks than diggers depending on the distance to the tip!

That many diggers is like a night at the local RSL - with only a courtesy bus to remove them from the premises takes a fair while.

No need, apparently.

'In Wuhan, where 11 million residents are already on lockdown, most vehicle use has been banned and 6,000 taxis have been earmarked to help transport people if needed.

'The Chinese military has sent 450 medical staff, some with experience in past outbreaks including SARS and Ebola, to to help treat patients, while supplies, including 14,000 protective suits, are being rushed to the city. Two new dedicated hospitals are also being built in the city to cope with rising numbers of cases. Medical workers have been among those infected - and according to Wuhan media reports, a 62-year-old doctor has died from the virus.

'Chinese President Xi Jinping has described the situation as "grave" and said the government was stepping up efforts to restrict travel and public gatherings.'

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-spread-getting-stronger-as-number-of-deaths-rise-to-80-11918934

Last edited:

Indeed. Excavators aren’t really the kit for levelling a bit of ground either, as their name suggests.

Maybe Wuhan has a surfeit of them and a dearth of dozers.

Or they’re actually digging mass graves.

I see this morning that at least one paper is quoting an epidemiologist as estimating there’s probably at least 100,000 cases. Makes the nurse’s blog dit sound very believable.

Mike Barton

War Hero
This morning i had to nip across town on an errand, so took the pushbike
as I rounded a corner a large family group of Chinese came out of a small terraced house dragging suitcases ( with Airport tags on) and piled into a massive hired people carrier
I reckon about 12 in the group
they all had facemasks on ??
perhaps they had been at the races yesterday
they certainly moved quickly, slammed the bags into the back and threw the kids into the car
and then motored away looking guilty
I noted the number just in case we have a massive outbreak of death in the area

on the way back I saw a mate who lives in the same road
told him about it
ye he said the reason they look guilty is its an Airbnb place 2 bedrooms one loo and a small kitchen/diner
he said another lot had already left and reckoned about 20 were crammed in the house all week !!!
he hates the owner any way, and reckons the bog will be blocked solid
Good for you, anyone else would have seen a family of tourists running a bit late for the plane home, but you correctly ascertained their guilt as obvious contaminators of your local area.

Keep up the good work. ;)

Dredd

LE
Hand sanitiser is almost sold out in HK. I got 3 bottles today, because we live out from the main population areas, but even our supermarkets are almost sold out. Masks all sold out. I may well be asking Arrse for care packages before too long.
Bloody hell! Almost run out?

You might be forced to use simple running water and soap next. You poor souls.

Dredd

LE
Yeah, scrub round that . Just saw "Miss Wales from Merthyr" not bad I thought, then clicked on the link:
View attachment 445934

fcuk me. Barrels have been scraped there. The one on the right is a drag queen, surely?
Off-topic and real danger of thread drift but . . . What? Looking at this batch of delectable lovelies, it's a case of which one you wouldn't, not which one you would. And the answer is - none. Now it's just a matter of in what order.

Move them in from other areas, most likely. The PLA military hospitals are well used to disaster and emergency relief ops and can move lock, stock and chopsticks to where they're needed.

No need, apparently.

'In Wuhan, where 11 million residents are already on lockdown, most vehicle use has been banned and 6,000 taxis have been earmarked to help transport people if needed.

'The Chinese military has sent 450 medical staff, some with experience in past outbreaks including SARS and Ebola, to to help treat patients, while supplies, including 14,000 protective suits, are being rushed to the city. Two new dedicated hospitals are also being built in the city to cope with rising numbers of cases. Medical workers have been among those infected - and according to Wuhan media reports, a 62-year-old doctor has died from the virus.

'Chinese President Xi Jinping has described the situation as "grave" and said the government was stepping up efforts to restrict travel and public gatherings.'

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-spread-getting-stronger-as-number-of-deaths-rise-to-80-11918934
As they say, quantity has a quality of its own.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
This morning i had to nip across town on an errand, so took the pushbike
as I rounded a corner a large family group of Chinese came out of a small terraced house dragging suitcases ( with Airport tags on) and piled into a massive hired people carrier
I reckon about 12 in the group
they all had facemasks on ??
perhaps they had been at the races yesterday
they certainly moved quickly, slammed the bags into the back and threw the kids into the car
and then motored away looking guilty
I noted the number just in case we have a massive outbreak of death in the area
on the way back I saw a mate who lives in the same road
told him about it
ye he said the reason they look guilty is its an Airbnb place 2 bedrooms one loo and a small kitchen/diner
he said another lot had already left and reckoned about 20 were crammed in the house all week !!!
he hates the owner any way, and reckons the bog will be blocked solid
You've always seen Japanese and Chinese wearing masks in London, but over the past week or so, the number has risen massively.

Dredd

LE
Even the ex Speaker of the HoC who appears to be stood on a box at the back?
2nd from left, rear rank?

Looks like not just a good candidate for a fumble but a smashing cooked brekkie in the morning as well.

Lush.

Latest Threads