MERS Coronavirus warning

I'm booked into a hotel only 1.88km ATCF from the one that's been locked down in Tenerife.
I'm not due to go until May 5th but I have an uneasy feeling. Will it all be over by then? Replies from Mystic Megs only please.

I'm booked into a hotel only 1.88km ATCF from the one that's been locked down in Tenerife.
I'm not due to go until May 5th but I have an uneasy feeling. Will it all be over by then? Replies from Mystic Megs only please.
Do you have travel insurance for cancellation?

triggerigger

War Hero
Did you arrange all that just for this thread?
If so, I bow down before your eminence. I am not worthy........
Certain stars aligned (Tesco and ammo delivery) it seemed the childish thing to do. I think the green night nurse will look classy in the skull bottle. Clay lesson today so some depletion of stores expected.

Do you have travel insurance for cancellation?
I am booked to fly to the UK in March, flights paid for non-refundable, apparently insurance doesn't cover cancellation. My fear is that as I am traveling from Asia (a non-infected area, yet) I will be forced to take a 14-day quarantine which would completely defeat the purpose of the trip.

If I was China I'd have seen my economy going down the pan and offered free holidays to anyone who was sick with a passport.

And from the Telegraph....

View attachment 452333

Should have saved her quite a bit of money - when the zombie apocalypse doesn't materialise, she won't need to go to the supermarket for at least 6 months...

Wordsmith
That's what my wife said when I added some extra tinned goods, rice and pasta to our regular stock in the cupboard a week ago... :)

That's what my wife said when I added some extra tinned goods, rice and pasta to our regular stock in the cupboard a week ago... :)
When I suggested similar in the last few days, mine asked why,as we could always get food shopping delivered*.... :rolleyes:

*this could also be a candidate for the "how bone is your missus" thread

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I invested in two small bottles of hand sanitiser. I can (at worst case) make face masks by cutting up an old shirt - and I have a couple of weeks food in the house with what's normally in the freezer and in tinned and packet goods.

And that's the extent of my panic protective measures.

In addition, the fatality figures I've seen suggest a very minimal chance I'll die from it.

But hysteria stalks the land,,,

Wordsmith

Just out of curiosity are you in the UK? I thought your shotguns were limited to two shells?? So why the need for the tube extension?
It depends on what type of license you have.

From memory a Shotgun License you can have a magazine capacity of 3 shells (maybe with one up the spout too giving you a total of 4 shells).
If you have a Fire Arms Certificate (FAC) then you do not have a magazine restriction on pump action shotguns.

There is a thread on here somewhere with a review of the UK firearms laws.

From memory a Shotgun License you can have a magazine capacity of 3 shells (maybe with one up the spout too giving you a total of 4 shells).
If you have a Fire Arms Certificate (FAC) then you do not have a magazine restriction on pump action shotguns.

SGC = 2+1

I invested in two small bottles of hand sanitiser. I can (at worst case) make face masks by cutting up an old shirt - and I have a couple of weeks food in the house with what's normally in the freezer and in tinned and packet goods.

In addition, the fatality figures I've seen suggest a very minimal chance I'll die from it.

Wordsmith
The problem isn't necessarily lockdown. It's shortages caused by other people panic buying. I'm old enough to recall the coffee shortage caused by people buying coffee because they, er, heard there was going to be a shortage.

We got our stockpiling done 3 weeks ago, quietly, three different shop visits.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

I had a semi auto shotgun many years ago and it was 3 total 2** +1 - I doubt given UK gun laws and the antis its increased.

**IIRC achieved by a Crimp in the magazine

Edit beaten to it - must scroll in future

Off grid solar, ample potable water from filtered rainwater, on the ocean with a boat for fishing, vegetable garden, freezer full of goodies and a well-stocked wine cellar.

Bring it on!

Wordsmith
The only thing I'm concerned about is the wine cellar becoming depleted, so this is a good excuse to Mrs S.O. that we need to increase its capacity.
home-design.jpg

Last edited:
4 kva solar Pv. Heat pump for hot water and a tonne of wood pellets in.
two old freezers in the shed ( when the mehimsahib had the kitchen redone last back end I presciently didn’t recycle them but kept them for a rainy day)
these are now half full from a run to Iceland.
300 rds 22 hornet and 100 of 308 , I think I’ve covered most eventualities.
the weak links are 3 kids at different schools and two parents in their mid 80,s we keep,an eye on.

Latest Threads