MERS Coronavirus warning

So, if there is to be panic buying and empty supermarkets, do we need to start an "Arrse Prepper" thread?

If so, NAAFI, Intelligence Cell or Hunting/Fishing/Shooting?
Started slowly buying in bulk weeks ago, 2 ibuprofen packets per day

4151214E-9ECD-4B3C-B75F-614D95B537CE.jpeg

Tinned veggies, toilet rolls, pasta, chapatti flour, sugar, etc

Brilliant- Patient Zero of the new Species-jumping Myxomatosis Virus. I’ll see your flu-like symptoms and raise you big weepy bulging eyes and sitting around in the middle of the road trying to get run over:)

Dunno whether it’s been posted but this bit from Private Eye’s ‘MD’ medical columnist puts some perspective on the Coronavirus stuff:-
View attachment 452232
well there is alway the venison I suppose

I see the micks have postponed the Italy game. Seems a bit daft as it's in Dublin. Still, a great example of EU solidarity and freedom of movement.
What's daft about it? I doubt they want a few thousand Italians wandering around Dublin, possibly infecting the locals.
Never mind that, Belfast is 100 mile up the coast and I don't really fancy it coming up here over a porous border.

Can individual nations legally prevent other EU nationals freely travelling within the EU in an event of a mass pandemic, this breaking the Freedom of Movement legislation in the EU rulebook?

Public Health England have refused to rule out locking down British towns and public transport networks if it fails to contain the coronavirus.

Thousands of Britons will be tested by GPs for coronavirus, amid fears that the explosion of cases in Europe means there could be far more cases in the UK than are known about.

Erm how exactly do they intend to 'lock-down' a town?

I vote for Bradford, Rochdale and Oldham if we get the chance to have a say
FarFavoriteConey-max-1mb.gif

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Also viral pneumonia has a death rate of 30% even in the UK so the figures look contrived no matter how you cut them.
The Chinese lying? Say it ain't so!

What's daft about it? I doubt they want a few thousand Italians wandering around Dublin, possibly infecting the locals.
Never mind that, Belfast is 100 mile up the coast and I don't really fancy it coming up here over a porous border.

Can individual nations legally prevent other EU nationals freely travelling within the EU in an event of a mass pandemic, this breaking the Freedom of Movement legislation in the EU rulebook?
Just cancelling the game isn't going to stop them. With the game 10 days away, I would imagine that nearly all of them have already purchased flight tickets and many will have pre-paid accommodation with no prospect of a refund. I think a lot of them will take their weekend in Dublin and watch the other games in the pub.

Can we all show our solidarity for their right to congregate together and ensure that their ailments are cured via religious means?
Throw them a party?

With regards to panic buying, it took only 3 days ( 2 years back I think) during the last disruptive snowfall for our local Tesco's milk, bread and other essentials' shelves to clear, where upon their security ( fat useless has-beens) were put on guard at the fresh baked roll counter. All due of course to the "just in time" delivery systems. It was quite an eye opener. People eh?

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
Just cancelling the game isn't going to stop them. With the game 10 days away, I would imagine that nearly all of them have already purchased flight tickets and many will have pre-paid accommodation with no prospect of a refund. I think a lot of them will take their weekend in Dublin and watch the other games in the pub.
So the bogwogs will actually have ensured more Italians walking amongst them in the pubs, rather than all sitting next to each other in a stadium...

Genius. As ever!

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
So who on arrse has it?

That's why I was wondering can the Irish government cancel Freedom of Movement for Italian nationals etc, in circumstances like this.

Latest Threads