Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERS Coronavirus warning

Keep the obsessive politicisation of this over on the Brexit threads, please.
Yes, UK is doing well and more power to their elbow. But it shows a nasty streak in those who use it for political reasons.
Let's try and keep this particular thread informative despite the obsessives trying to swing it.

Yes, UK is doing well and more power to their elbow. But it shows a nasty streak in those who use it for political reasons.
Let's try and keep this particular thread informative despite the obsessives trying to swing it.
Hilarious.
Tell us all who were the first group of dummies crying for Brexit to be halted/reversed 'cos Covid, init :D :D :D :D :D :D
"Nasty Streak"???? Give your head a severe wobble.

Standby for whataboutery! Whataboutery alert!
Do you really think for one minute that if the situation were reversed and, for some unfathomable reason, the EU had got its act together and was in a better position on vaccination than the U.K. the other side would not have been crowing about it scoring as many political points as they could.

The time has come and gone for us to stop playing by Queensbury rules on everything when the other side don‘t. It puts us at a massive disadvantage and can only be a bad thing.

Just like in the US where the Republicans need to start playing the Democrats at their own game within the limited amount of power they will hold from next week.

Standby for whataboutery! Whataboutery alert!
Do you really think for one minute that if the situation were reversed and, for some unfathomable reason, the EU had got its act together and was in a better position on vaccination than the U.K. the other side would not have been crowing about it scoring as many political points as they could.

The time has come and gone for us to stop playing by Queensbury rules on everything when the other side don‘t. It puts us at a massive disadvantage and can only be a bad thing.

Just like in the US where the Republicans need to start playing the Democrats at their own game within the limited amount of power they will hold from next week.

Funny but every Continental paper I've look at lauds and congratulates the UK on how well it's been doing.
Only you obsessive lot seem to be making a thing about it.
If you want to keep on, then go over to the Brexit thread (as you have been doing) where you can be ignore.

Now go away you horror.

Funny but every Continental paper I've look at lauds and congratulates the UK on how well it's been doing.
Only you obsessive lot seem to be making a thing about it.
If you want to keep on, then go over to the Brexit thread (as you have been doing) where you can be ignore.

Now go away you horror.
I’m not talking about newspapers. I’m talking about the cretins in the European Parliament and in individual parliaments in the member states. If you think many of them would not have been crowing about it if the situation were reversed you are kidding yourself.

Also please stop telling me where I can and cannot go in this site and what I can or cannot discuss in any place. You don’t own or run this site. You are not a moderator so you have no more right to do so than anyone else here.

In short get stuffed you idiot.

I’m not talking about newspapers. I’m talking about the cretins in the European Parliament and in individual parliaments in the member states. If you think many of them would not have been crowing about it if the situation were reversed you are kidding yourself.

Also please stop telling me where I can and cannot go in this site and what I can or cannot discuss in any place. You don’t own or run this site. You are not a moderator so you have no more right to do so than anyone else here.

In short get stuffed you idiot.

Don't get your knickers in a twist, sweetcheeks. If you want to confirm you're a nasty piece of crap then keep on doing so. It would be nice not to spoil threads with your obsessiveness, though.
Like bogging off to the poo poo thread if you that's the best you can come up with and it offends your snowflakery.

crow_bag

War Hero
Don't get your knickers in a twist, sweetcheeks. If you want to confirm you're a nasty piece of crap then keep on doing so. It would be nice not to spoil threads with your obsessiveness, though.
Like bogging off to the poo poo thread if you that's the best you can come up with and it offends your snowflakery.
Discussing how well countries are, or aren't, doing dealing with the pandemic seems to fit quite well with this thread.

Predictions about how the UK would or wouldn't do also fits quite well.

You might not have seen it in Spain but remainers were all over the papers and social media when the government said they weren't going to sign up to the EU project unity.

They said the government was putting lives at risk, as we wouldnt be able to get enough doses going it alone, and that we wouldn't be as to get vaccines imported after Brexit.

I do love it when someone bites down hard after a comment and starts throwing the names around like horror and obsessives and then tries to get all jokey when called on it. For your information I’ve barely commented on the Brexit threads for quite some time and I don’t know where you would find much evidence of nasty piece of crap but hey. You do you.

All you have done and are doing is what all liberal lefty snowflakes do all the time and projecting exactly what you do onto other people. All those comments you make about people are exactly what you see when you look in the mirror.

TBF & without going over 2,000 pages I’d say covid is more rife with bizarre conspiracy theories than it is being political. Overall, it’s refreshingly positive to see the U.K. gets acknowledgement tackling the covid pandemic.

The tweet author is also entitled to ‘his’ view & yet a nasty Mr Guy Verhofstadt takes any & every opportunity to slate and project his vile propaganda towards the U.K.

Anyway, let the meaningful informative debate continue.

Here's the COVID-19 summary for Saturday.
Coronavirus: What's happening in Canada and around the world on Saturday

South Africa are delaying the start of the school year by 2 weeks due to the pandemic.
In Africa, South Africa has delayed the start of its new school year by two weeks in order to prevent schools from becoming transmission centres for COVID-19, as new cases have hovered around 20,000 a day for the past week.

The country has so far confirmed more than 1.29 million infections and registered more than 35,000 deaths — leading the continent on both counts.

Greece will reduce some pandemic restrictions on Monday, including allowing non-essential shops to open for the first time in over 2 months.
In Europe, Greece will loosen some lockdown restrictions on Monday, letting non-essential retail shops reopen for the first time in more than two months after signs that pressure on the public health system is easing.

Indonesia have recorded their highest daily number of infections for the fourth day in a row, with 14,244. They have the second highest number of infections in Asia after India.
In Asia, Indonesia has logged a record daily high number of coronavirus cases for the fourth day in a row as the Health Ministry reported 14,224 new infections over the 24 hours.

Indonesia's official tally reached 896,642 on Saturday, making it the largest number in Southeast Asia and second in Asia only to India's 10.5 million cases. The figure includes 25,767 deaths.

In Brazil, an expert committee and former health officials have said that the Brazilian government have made a pig's ear out of the vaccination program. They delayed purchasing syringes and spent months dithering on which vaccine to buy before selecting only one. Also, the president undermined the health ministry by removing professionals from leadership positions and replacing them with military officials with no public health experience.
In the Americas, members of an expert committee and former health officials condemned the Brazilian government's unjustifiable delay in formulating a vaccination effort, in seeking syringe suppliers and months spent rejecting all but one possible vaccine manufacturer.

They also say President Jair Bolsonaro undermined the health ministry's effectiveness, pointing to the removal of highly trained professionals from leadership positions, replaced by military appointees with little or no public health care experience.

Excuse if already posted, the list of national vaccine centres roll out with an aim at 2M vaccinations per week. I'm sure many more will added in due course.

Bournemouth International Centre on the south coast

Taunton Racecourse in Somerset

Blackburn Cathedral in Lancashire

Salt Hill Activity Centre in Slough, Berkshire

Norwich Food Court in Norfolk

The Lodge in Wickford, Essex

Princess Royal Sports Arena in Lincolnshire

St Helens Rugby Ground in Merseyside

The park-and-ride at Askham Bar in York

Olympic Office Centre in Wembley, north London

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Valencia Region has started giving the second dose to those in residential homes who were given the first one 3 weeks ago. First phase is residential homes and staff and all medical personnel.

Another problem with a home where residents had already received the first dose. A care home in Torrevieja, where they were due to get the second dose tomorrow, was found to have 43 residents, 12 staff and the CEO of the home testing positive with PCR tests. The home had no incidents in the first and second waves and the CEO stated all care protocols had been carried out. This is the fifth home in Spain to have reported cases amongst residents who have received the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. Two in the central Madrid Region, one in Benidorm, one in Pilar near the Murcia border and now this one in Torrevieja. In this new one, the majority are asymptomatic but 5 residents have been admitted to hospital.

Although Valencia is doing very well and has administered 92% of the vaccines received (100% in the Alicante province) other regions aren't doing so well with Madrid only managing to have administered just over 50% of the vaccines received.

Medical personnel are due to receive their second doses from a week Monday. It is hoped the slow down in supply from Pfizer won't delay this but a smaller number of doses will be delivered tomorrow and the new batch from Moderna can't be used as a second dose but will enable them to continue the programme of first doses.

Us old and bold weren't due to receive the vaccine until the end of February but, if Pfizer can step up production quickly enough, the plan for all over 64s to be done could be brought forward and vaccination of over 75s will start a few weeks earlier.

Our Min of Health (the central government one, not the regional one) says they are still awaiting data from AstraZeneca before they can approve this and hope to be able to do so by 29th Jan.

France has finally got its finger out and have booked a million appointments for the vaccine starting on Monday 18th Jan when over 80s and care homes will begin.

crow_bag

War Hero
Something did pop up on my new feed, some papers are saying the all over 18s in the UK cod be offered a vaccination by June.

This was from The Express, and The Sun so needs to be taken with a barrel of salt.

If this turns out to be true, and coupled with the new vaccine manufacturing site that is being built near Oxford (I think) it looks like the government might be able to make up for the piss poor track and trace and slow response to the virus.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Something did pop up on my new feed, some papers are saying the all over 18s in the UK cod be offered a vaccination by June.

This was from The Express, and The Sun so needs to be taken with a barrel of salt.

If this turns out to be true, and coupled with the new vaccine manufacturing site that is being built near Oxford (I think) it looks like the government might be able to make up for the piss poor track and trace and slow response to the virus.

I understand it will only be for the first dose though. Somehow I doubt the second injection will happen unless to those who have already received it.

I hope to be proved wrong, however aiming for the 16M Feb target of vaccinations is ambitious due to possible supplies outstripping demand.

Well done to all involved.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

crow_bag

War Hero
I understand it will only be for the first dose though. Somehow I doubt the second injection will happen unless to those who have already received it.
What makes you say that?

You have to have 2 doses for the vaccines to be fully effective, all they have discussed is stretching the period between the two jabs to 3 months instead of 3 weeks.

This has also been approved by the WHO for emergency situations, e.g. where demand is outstripping supply.

crow_bag

War Hero
I hope to be proved wrong, however aiming for the 16M Feb target of vaccinations is ambitious due to possible supplies outstripping demand.

Well done to all involved.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
It's is going to be a stretch, and I think they are going to start trialling 24 he vaccination centres in some areas.

It will be interesting to see how the 24hr vaccination centres go, no amount of whinging sir kneel-a-lot will help if people either don't take midnight appointments, or make them and then dont show.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
What makes you say that?

You have to have 2 doses for the vaccines to be fully effective, all they have discussed is stretching the period between the two jabs to 3 months instead of 3 weeks.

This has also been approved by the WHO for emergency situations, e.g. where demand is outstripping supply.

Exactly who did discuss extending the period before the second dose?

It's is going to be a stretch, and I think they are going to start trialling 24 he vaccination centres in some areas.

It will be interesting to see how the 24hr vaccination centres go, no amount of whinging sir kneel-a-lot will help if people either don't take midnight appointments, or make them and then dont show.

Public co-operation has been a problem since day 1. Hopefully it will mean the next bloke in the queue gets done quicker.