MERS Coronavirus warning

Hun Sen catching the Coronavirus?

Every cloud and all that...

This is a man who is so egotistical that, when asked to give the speech introducing the millennium fireworks over Angkor Wat, times to go off at 235931DEC1999, overran his slot by 43(!) minutes. Being more important than the thousands of attendees and, indeed, the millennium.

He obviously believes that he is too important to catch a mere virus.

The corrupt, one-eyed, murdering ex-Khmer Rouge cnut...
You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

More potential economic fallout. The statement that parts are being flown in by suitcase, so not necessarily in a frigid cargo hold, makes you hope that they're well sterilized!

'Jaguar Land Rover says it only has enough parts in its UK factories to last the next two weeks because of the impact of the coronavirus on the carmaker's supply chain. The firm's chief executive Sir Ralf Speth reportedly said parts have been flown into the country from China in suitcases.

'In Coventry to launch a self-driving electric vehicle dubbed Project Vector, he said JLR's factory in China would re-open next week. But he admitted uncertainty over whether the company would have enough parts to maintain production in the UK. "At the moment, we are safe and we have checked everything for the next two weeks and we are also safe for the very first week in the production in China, starting next week," he told Sky News at the National Automotive Innovation Centre. We don't know how long it will take until the supply chain in China comes on stream again."

Goes to show the dependancies on cheaper materials from other countries, forms may have to think about different manufacturing suppliers incase one goes down.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Yes though they only appeared to use gunpowder in fireworks, and paper to make kites. As for printing they have never advanced as far as using English, and are therefore as backwards as the some of the Welsh.
look yer Bach, re-arrange the following into a well known phrase or saying see, Tidy !

Offen Sie Fuchs

Weird how the Diamond Princess has been delisted, combined into the new category of "Others"

Screenshot (1272).png

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I agree.

We - or rather the nice Americans - are going to have to face China in a war somewhere, sometime. It'll be very nasty, and may well end up in Chinese hegemony of the globe. It will certainly mean the end of the anglo-saxon world order and the rule of international law.

We certainly shouldn't be hastening the process by which China empowers itself. The US have seen the light, and its about time our other western governments started to take the long view.
The first near-rival in China's backyard is not the U.S , despite what Fox News, the alt-right fruit loops and darling Donald appear to believe.

It is Japan.

If we/ the U.S are musing on the realities of the long-forecast 'Pacific Century' - imagine what the current head of the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force (sic) is thinking about.

1582115612601.png

Vice Admiral Katsutoshi Kawano - longest serving Chief of Staff JMSDF

Some secondary 'just-in-time' supply chain ripple effect:

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
More potential economic fallout. The statement that parts are being flown in by suitcase, so not necessarily in a frigid cargo hold, makes you hope that they're well sterilized!
TIME short video on economic impacts....nothing extraordinary but reinforces the points made above:

The Economic Impact of the Wuhan Coronavirus Outbreak
China’s economy is grinding to a halt as the government scrambles to stop the spread of the deadly Wuhan coronavirus, fueling fears that efforts to contain the outbreak will have worldwide economic consequences.

Last edited:

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
look yer Bach, re-arrange the following into a well known phrase or saying see, Tidy !

Offen Sie Fuchs
Get back to me when a nation of Jones' finally manages to invent the letter J.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Get back to me when England becomes relevant to the rest of the world.

Get back to me when England becomes relevant to the rest of the world.
It revolves around England (for the Ashes series anyway).

And every cloud has a silver lining.

'The coronavirus epidemic that has paralysed the Chinese economy may have a silver lining for the environment.
China's carbon emissions have dropped by least 100 million metric tonnes over the past two weeks, according to a study published on Wednesday by the Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA) in Finland.'

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Virus chews into Apple sales

By Capucine Yeomans, Editor at LinkedIn

Apple has warned it won’t meet its quarterly revenue forecast due to the impact of the coronavirus. The company says it has been temporarily hit by a drop in Chinese demand and lower iPhone supply globally as its production in China ramps up slowly after factory closures.

A new study by data analytics firm Dun & Bradstreet suggests some 5 million businesses worldwide are expected to be impacted by the outbreak, as the Chinese provinces most affected by the virus are tightly linked to global supply chains.

The following is a very good discussion of the COVID-19 coronavirus. The two people being interviewed are involved in public health in Ontario, and they both had experience with the SARS epidemic when that was going around. The interviewer himself is exceptionally good at his job, and asks pertinent questions that get to the point. Total time is 23 minutes. I recommend watching it.

Just saw this on FB, and thought it worth sharing. Anyone read it? View attachment 450918
Not quite yet, they are still refining it from SAR's, to MERs, and now COV19, they will probably have got it right when the next lot gets out of the laboratory.

THE IMPORTANT BIT.

Removing my bacofoil pie dish from under my hat: I watched the local news tonight and there was a nice little report about the University of Texas, Austin. The virus people there spent a lot of time modelling the SAR's virus so they have that pretty much in hand for fiddling around with as they do. This has allowed them to rapidly model the nasty part of COV19, they now have a fully built 3D model of the active part of the virus. The Prof they spoke with there was most chuffed and reckoned it would take around 18 months to 24 months to create a functioning vaccine.

OK, I am now beginning to convince myself that I am a crackpot but I still cannot escape this insane racist virus theory that means of the victims of a virus that broke out two months ago and has spread around the world in that time, 99% are still of one particular ethnicity. The only significant outbreak outside of this involved introducing the virus into a group of 4,000 people and forcing them to stay in close proximity in a big steel box for two weeks.

I read today that Thailand got its first case in Jan. 13, five weeks ago, well before the clamp-down and before the existence of the virus became well-known. How come then that it hasn't swept through the fleshpots and fetid slums of Thailand like an avenging angel at this point?

Are we really supposed to believe that the Thai government, not an institution hitherto or since noted for its clinical efficiency, is better at implementing rigid quarantine measures than the politburo of the Chinese Communist Party?

As I have said before Covid-19 is playing by exactly the same rule book as SARS did, China and Chinese satellites (and the Chinese community in Canada) account for 99% of cases.

There is something that is not being examined here.

Latest Threads