Merry f****** Christmas!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by brettarider, Oct 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Don't know if this will affect a few of you but if you or your families use either farepak or one of it's subsidiaries such as Freedom 2 shop then bad news after seeing an article in todays Sunday Mirror the company has gone bust and no vouchers/refunds will be given! :evil: tw@ts were quite happy to take the money knowing they were going under we've now lost £360 thanks to them :cry:

2. Look on the bright side. If the company continued to do business while going under, it could be done for trading while insolvent. I think the directors then become personally liable for the debts.

Perhaps the company bosses will be having an even less merry Christmas than their customers.

3. Both sites will still let you purchase items from them too..

:( :(

Hopefully the Mirror is wrong?

4. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

No the mirror is correct phone up the number and you get an automated message telling you it's gone under....feel sorry for those on benefits etc suddenly no money in the kitty and no doubt still in the dark...still happy to take the money though I'd have thought they'd had the deceny to update the website :evil:

5. I just thought of something else. If you paid with a credit card, I think you might be able to get the money back off the credit card company. Can any legal eagles confirm or refute this?

Perhaps a call to the Citizens Advice Bureau would help.

6. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

No such luck wife paid by direct debit :( yeah wife's going to speak to them this week

7. Why pay out for these companies to start to? They're all overpriced.
    You would be better off getting say a fivers worth of saving stamps a week at your supermarket then at xmas, go and do your shopping, buying the things that YOU like and want and pay for it all with your saved stamps.

8. At least your pantry won't be filled up by the large tin of potted pigeon, the brandy snaps and all the rest of the shite that they pad it out with

9. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Dont actuallyt buy from them but get the vouchers for shopping off them then either gve some as presents or use them to buy some gifts. As good as supermarkets are these days they dont cover everything

10. msr

msr LE

I think you'll find you'd be better off sticking the money into a high-interest bank account...

msr

11. Some legal beagle will probably tell me I'm talking rubbish but I think there is a level of protection given to people who pay by Direct Debit - in the event of unsatisfactory/non appearance of goods paid for on DDM, your bank I think can claim back X months. Unfortunately that does assume that there is anything in the account at the other end, and that it hasn't been frozen.

12. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Just spoke to TS and they are aware of hte problem company went into adminstration on Friday and are still looking for adminstrators to be appointed. If someone buys the company then it may get honoured (doubt it) or if it goes into liquidation then slim to no chance